• Normanz

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlfrTheMighty

Sergeant Knight at Arms

(Mercenaries without mercy, Jómsvíkingar)

jomsvikingbancopy.png

♫ Atmospheric Music - Á Sprengisandi ♫

sbannerd.png

serpentine son of the mischievous God Loki and the Frost Goddess Angrboda. He is a monstrous serpent, destined to die by Thor’s hand at the battle of Ragnarok. According to legend,the god Odin, in an attempt to forestall the inevitable, captured the great snake and threw him into the ocean, where he grew so large, he encircled the earth. He is also known as the Midgard Serpent. Jormungandr is sometimes pictured with three heads, symbolic of his existence in all three realms of Norse Cosmology

mere2.gif

Old norse: Miðgarðsormr
English: World Serpent or Midgard Serpent

a Symbol of fear on the seas, many vikings belived that sailing with a viking boat means that Miðgarðsormr could come eat the hole ship

we bring this banner to war as a symbol of Fear that our Enemy's will fear when we fight them

Það kvað jarl að æri
unnviggs fyrir haf sunnan,
þá er á seima særi
sárelda spjör váru:
öllungis hefir illa,
eybaugs, ef skalt deyja,
vér hyggjum það viggja
valdur, þinn faðir haldið.

35. Kapítuli, Jómsvíkinga saga[/i]

[size=18pt]Jómsvíkingar is a Vikingr Mod clan dedicated to the [/size]Víkingar faction
our clan tag is: [size=18pt]_Jómsborg
[/size]

1197091636450465427johnny_automatic_Viking_ship_svg_hi.png

Sigvaldi hefir setta
sjálfa oss und kylfu,
en fárhugaður fnauði
fór heim til Danmarkar;
hyggur í faðm að falla
fljótt vinkonu sinni,
en fyrir borð hið breiða
Búi gekk með hugrekki.

34. Kapítuli, Jómsvíkinga Saga[/i].

.​

50px-Valknut-Symbol-triquetra.svg.png

Men of Jómsborg
duel.gif

Kirgarða af Jómsborg

Jarl
Sigvaldi Strút-Haraldsson
Hersir
Úlfr Úlfærrson
Lenðrmaðr Rongvalðr
Húskar Háltan Úlfærrson
Húskarl Hjálmarr Finnsson
Húskar Drengr Folkesson
Húskarl Jöfursteinn
Bueskytter Tugmundr
Bueskytter Askjell
Bueskytter Snorri Ragnarrson
Hirðmaðr Hrœdberð
Hirðmaðr Sigmúndr 
Hirðmaðr Belli
Hirðmaðr Oleifr
Hirðmaðr Eldjárn
Hirðmaðr Haraldr Jarnheysur
Hirðmaðr Ásgerða
Hirðmaðr Reynir Gudmindsson
Hirðmaðr Alfarr Kaðallsson
Hirðmaðr Ögmundr Geirisson
Hirðmaðr Thorgeir Ekkisson
Hirðmaðr Ingólfr Ívarrsson
Hirðmaðr Sture Haraldrsson
Hirðmaðr Hákon Snorrisson
Hirðmaðr Sveinn Ragnarsson

Ranking System:

Jarl = Great Leader

Hersir = 2nd Leader / Deputy

Lendrmaðr
= Highest of the Hird

Húskarl = Veteran Warrior

Bueskytter
= Archer

Hirðrmaðr = Man of the Hird

too get high rank you need too: Kill pepole, be acitve, be respectful

soldier1.gif

JOIN THE ARMY!

Recruitment
Wanna Join ? We're Recruiting!

if you think you have whats it takes.
Message UlfrTheMighty on the forum now ^^
we want mostly Active EU players but we take NA players too if they keep active

Figh Well Or Die Well
No Cowardness, No Mercy.

send youre answeres to UlfrTheMighty or Eyvind_Teigsonn on this very Forum! (or on steam)

hall2.gif

[size=25pt]Other Stuff

The Channel Has Password so ask UlfrTheMighty if you want to talk

hall3.gif

Our TS3 server ip: 212.227.249.185

teamspeak.png

Signature

By Dansk Viking (Thorkell Erlingar)
scaled.php

Code:
[center][url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,216076.0.html][IMG]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg15/scaled.php?server=15&filename=sbannerdo.png&res=landing[/IMG][/url][/center]

jomsvikingsigncopy.png

Code:
[center][url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,216076.0.html][IMG]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1644/jomsvikingsigncopy.png[/IMG][/url][/center]

Copy the code and paste it to the Signature box
and please only use it if youre a member  :???:

Jómsvíkinga Saga
the real Jómsvíkingar is what this clan is based around, this is were we got all our information (not english, only scandinavian language)
we also used wikipedia, too try getting most things as historical as possible.

jellingestil.gif

Islandic: http://www.heimskringla.no/wiki/J%C3%B3msv%C3%ADkinga_saga
Swedish: http://www.heimskringla.no/wiki/Jomsvikingarnas_Saga
Danish: http://www.heimskringla.no/wiki/Jomsvikinga_Saga_%28C.C.Rafn%29

farewell.gif

Úlfr's Saga
Úlfr's Saga
bfaces.gif

quill.gif

This is a saga i made for the ''Battle of Sulcoit'' event that never happned :c

Battle of Sulcoit

Part 1: The Begginig

Written by ᚢᛚᚠᚱ Úlfr (UlfrTheMighty)

ur.gif
laukr.gif
fe.gif
reid.gif

It were an cold morning in Irland, me and the other jomvikings had just arrived to the viking city Limerick to Work for king Ivar. i woked up and started rowing almost all day, i were sweating alot.when we finally got to the land it were still some days with walking, and days went on as usual. at the final day before we would reach the town of Limerick i took a bath and looked for somethign to eat. we the Jomvikings were few now, after a deafet at The Norwegian sea the ones who were left choosed to still be Warrior's under the Command of Sigvaldi and work as Allied for Ivar. my father Ulfærr gave me hes sword when we took sail to Limerick, a buetiful sword ingraved: berjasþ vel eða ðeyja vel wich means Fight well or die well, and that were what i said to myself im going to do.

Some days later we arrived at Limerick, Ivar were happy to see us and welcomed us in too hes City. we followed him to hes personal Longhouse, took some Meads and talked about our journeys. one week later some other Viking tribes had gather in Ivar's hall, he were gathering an army, but why ? non of us knew. it were night and i were guarding the wall of limerick. i were very tired cause the day before i had gone hunting with Hjalmarr and Jofursteinn, but i knew i had to keep my eyes open cause Ivar told me that soem of the scouts he sent out never came back and some found with small throwing spears stuck in they're body. it would be one of the longest nights for me.

Haltan Approached with 2 meads in he's hand's. There you go! he said, and he left. i got a bit dizzy after the mead. but then suddenly i heard a weird sound from to forest outside the walls of limerick, i looked closely it looked like a Irish Tribesman on a horse. he saw me and with once he and his horsed disappeared in to the forest. it got me thinking what he were sent for, cause he were obviously not sent for bringing a message sinc he had painted hes face black as the night itself. i runned too Ivar's longhouse and waked him up and told him what i saw, later that day he sent one of he's most trusted scouts out too try too track the Man down. The scout came back dead lying on his horse. evryone gather around hes dead body and looked at him, hes armour were taken and he had a couple of small throwing spears sticking out from his stomach. i looked at Ivar's face he was angry we all saw the fire in is eye's, and this werent the first time this had happned.

The day After that i dont remember alot how it all started, Sigvaldi woke me up and said to me, Get youre armour on. and that were what i did. all the vikings gathered around Ivar,Dressed in Mail Tunic's evryone equipped with axes, spears and swords, i wondered what were going on.
Listen Evryone! Ivar Shouted.
My Freinds! we cought one of these barbarians that says to be one of the Dál gCais. it were more of them we saw riding towards one of the hills! Lets go hunt some Dál gCais shall we ? all the vikings Shouted: Roahhhh!!
Evryone marched out of the Town and Towards the Dál gCais Scouts, little did we know what were about to happen.             

linalaukrf.gif

Battle of Sulcoit

Part 2: Before the Battle and before Ivarr's time

I dont remember much about the march too meat the Geal's.
evan tough none of the vikings know much about these Bararian's still one book found in limerick written by Ivar's Grandfather Yngvarr, the book is old and have gone in generations those piceases that are left says:
I remember when we came here, first it seemd like theyre were only hunters but it seemed like theyre were Manhunters. we have made a town in theyre territory and it dosnt seem lke they like it. my memory doesnt go so far that i remember my first meeting with them, but the second time i got wounded by one of the birins.
the way i become King in parts of irland were that for almost 20 years i held the Geals back from my city walls. these last words are  written by Yngvarr's bodyguard:
Yngvarr and had holded the geals for a long time but all of a sudden theyre raids ended, theyre manhunt's ended at least for some days.
Yngvarr step'd out of his throne and took on his helmet, he tought this were the perfect time too take down the Geals once and for all, little did he knew were about to happen.
He gathered his men outside the town,  they started marching into the forest of Sulcoit when suddenly they hear the sound of the Gealic Horn. the soilders were scared as hundred's of birins flyed trough the air penetrating shields and armour.
only a handfull were left by them Yngvarr's son Jatmundr and some of his bodyguards.
Jatmundr Died some Years before Ivarr were born, when ivarr found the old book hidden in his Great hall he were angry and wanted to avenge his Grandfather's death.

I dont remember much about the march too meat the Geal's.
one of theyre scouts had told us what they were doing, they were gathering an army of Geal's and Norman mercenary's wich would meet Ivar in battle or wipe him out of their territory. we sung songs of glory, honour and blood on our way. some brought instruments such as Flutes and horn's. the morale were high, the vikings were ready for what ever they had to face. some had taken with them mead, the Party before the march left some of us behind cause of too much drinking. i myself were carefull to not drink so mutch when marching too battle. 1 day into the march we started hearing some kind of drum sounds and horns, songs in a languge none of us could understand, i remember oen lonely viking  tought it were The gods that Spoke wich made most of us Evan more secure on our victory, if we had the gods on our side we couldnt loose some belived.

we made a camp the first night into the march into the depths of Sulcoit.
pepole were having fun, luaging and singing. and as always Haltan came over too me with a mead, i said no. the next day of our march we finnaly saw the end of Sulcoit forest, it were a large Plain and in a distance we saw some tents and fire. it were the Sulcoit hills.
Ivarr said too us: in my Father and Grandfather's name! i will guarantee that the only one lying dead here will be them, we started screaming at them so they could spot the fearsome vikings. later that night we made a small camp in the end of the forest, not much sleep for me and the other vikings. i sat up al night drinking mead with haltan and the other Jomvikingas too we felt asleep.

ᚢᛚᚠᚱ

Steam Group

Training Evry Monday 7:00 PM GMT. using teamspeak

verðr Óðinn að vera með okkr

odin02.gif

torslnda.gif

bracfrag.gif

nohorns.gif

speardnc.gif

chieftan.gif

gravmoun.gif

priest1.gif

beasts.gif

raven_d.gif

eagle_b.gif

eagle_d.gif

wolf_d.gif
johnny_automatic_Viking_scene_Vector_Clipart.png

Thank you Danish Viking :] glad ot be here.

and btw if your danish do you understand this

danmark har røde pølser ?

Hejsa! Welcome to the lands of gold and opportunity... May we fight together and crush many englisc dogs, or quarrel for the biggest share of coin... Only time will tell, sea maggots!

I see you have acquainted yourselves with my good brother and co-founder of the Erlingar dynasty, Thorkell. Respect your kinsmen, and we can thrive together.  :twisted:

HarkonHakoon said:
Hejsa! Welcome to the lands of gold and opportunity... May we fight together and crush many englisc dogs, or quarrel for the biggest share of coin... Only time will tell, sea maggots!

I see you have acquainted yourselves with my good brother and co-founder of the Erlingar dynasty, Thorkell. Respect your kinsmen, and we can thrive together.  :twisted:

Oh a fellow Norseman of Norway i see. its a honor to get fighting along the side with true vikings Hail!

1. were are you from? ND U.S.A.
2. how much will you be able to play (how many times a week)i play around a hour every day
3. how long have you played vikingr/warband? ive been playing for a month or so
4. what does youre name wanna be ? (gotta be a historical old norse viking name like: Haraldr_Jomsborg)well my name Frappiller should work because its a historical Frankish name
5.do you have a mic and teamspeak 3 ? (we have a ts3 channel) the ts i use with my friends has a jomsvikingr area. and i have a mic
6. will you show respect to ME (Deputy Ulfr_Jomsborg) And our leader (Jarl_Sigvaldi_Jomsborg) ys

Frappiller said:
1. were are you from? ND U.S.A.
2. how much will you be able to play (how many times a week)i play around a hour every day
3. how long have you played vikingr/warband? ive been playing for a month or so
4. what does youre name wanna be ? (gotta be a historical old norse viking name like: Haraldr_Jomsborg)well my name Frappiller should work because its a historical Frankish name
5.do you have a mic and teamspeak 3 ? (we have a ts3 channel) the ts i use with my friends has a jomsvikingr area. and i have a mic
6. will you show respect to ME (Deputy Ulfr_Jomsborg) And our leader (Jarl_Sigvaldi_Jomsborg) ys

Good good! :] but we dont use Frankish names :razz: fin a name here:
http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/ONMensNames.shtml
Or here http://www.curufea.com/games/western/5e/brondheim_n.php

we have our own ts3 channel i think you have too use it when u play with us :]

- Ulfr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom