Progress/Development Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Licko90 said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
Licko90 said:
I am sorry if i am asking stupid question since i havent played th mod for some time now but are the holy orders in game? Will they ever bee?

No Franciscans yet, although we plan to have the young, brave, adventurous Francis of Assisi as a companion. Domingo de Guzmán, the founder of the Dominicans, will also be there.

As for military orders, which I guess is what you were asking for... some are there (Santiago, Calatrava, Aviz, Saint George through a founding quest, etc), some are not there yet. We still have to find a proper way to display Templars, Hospitalers and Teutonic knights.

Templars, Hospitalers and Teutonic knights is what I am interested in.... others i know about but i never liked them... Knights of st. John are my favourite

Well, the Hospitalers are indeed the only one of all the knightly orders that survived all the way up untill today. Pretty impressive.

You'll have to wait anyway. We still don't know how to make them fit within the scheme of the mod. We can't put in all their European castles and priories, and we can't simulate their way of earning money through Europe to better fight in the East unless we give them special bonus and troops, which I don't know if we can.

We could also make them work through script "events".

Cèsar de Quart said:
Licko90 said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
Licko90 said:
I am sorry if i am asking stupid question since i havent played th mod for some time now but are the holy orders in game? Will they ever bee?

No Franciscans yet, although we plan to have the young, brave, adventurous Francis of Assisi as a companion. Domingo de Guzmán, the founder of the Dominicans, will also be there.

As for military orders, which I guess is what you were asking for... some are there (Santiago, Calatrava, Aviz, Saint George through a founding quest, etc), some are not there yet. We still have to find a proper way to display Templars, Hospitalers and Teutonic knights.

Templars, Hospitalers and Teutonic knights is what I am interested in.... others i know about but i never liked them... Knights of st. John are my favourite

Well, the Hospitalers are indeed the only one of all the knightly orders that survived all the way up untill today. Pretty impressive.

You'll have to wait anyway. We still don't know how to make them fit within the scheme of the mod. We can't put in all their European castles and priories, and we can't simulate their way of earning money through Europe to better fight in the East unless we give them special bonus and troops, which I don't know if we can.

From mods i saw that have scripted events for whole factions usually fail :/ How about giving them their castles in holy land and enough army leaders to have influence you want them to have

Licko90 said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
Licko90 said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
Licko90 said:

From mods i saw that have scripted events for whole factions usually fail :/ How about giving them their castles in holy land and enough army leaders to have influence you want them to have

We can't crowd the Holy Land with castles. We haven't got to the Holy Land yet, anyway.

It we have to priorise, we might even go with another system completely different than castles.

Cèsar de Quart said:
In which way do you mean that? Teutonic Knights are still present f.e.. (No weapons though... )

quapitty said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
In which way do you mean that? Teutonic Knights are still present f.e.. (No weapons though... )

But they were abolished during the Nazi regime. Hitler said he was the Teutonic Order and abolished it. Anyway, at that time they didn't ordain brother knights anymore. They were refounded after the end of WWII.

The Knights of Saint Lazarus were also disbanded at some point, as well as the Holy Sepulcher. The Templars, we all know what happened. St John's is the only order that has existed without interruption since its foundation.

Now i can imagine that you get a lot comments like - gimme gimme! more! better! now!.

I just wanted to say this - I am floored by the amount of work you have been able to but into this monster mod since i last downloaded it - its bloody beautiful. You people kick royal rear. If you can manage to put all the planned factions on the map and not have it overload - Calradia will be like the kiddie pool, hell it already is:smile:

Thanks! Pity the map looks so bad, but we cannot improve its looks. We expect that gameplay will supply what the maps lacks in eyecandy.

Soon you'll have some Byzantine preview.

well i consider the huge amount of factions and armies eyecandy en masse, so im pretty pleased and even better its not in calradia but on a "real" map and that adds beaucoup points to the mods playvalue in my book.

Im not in a battle outside X but outside the walls of Paris - im not running for my life in hills of Y but running from bandits in the balkans etc etc etc

CCDK said:
Im not in a battle outside X but outside the walls of Paris - im not running for my life in hills of Y but running from bandits in the balkans etc etc etc

then you'll be more than happy to hear that a custom scene for Paris is on its way, slowly but surely!

I thought there was not a Seljuk fur hat done for m&b, but I just saw one in a mod :grin: I guess we have majority of the stuff required for Seljuks, just some small changes and reskinning(like robes etc.)

CCDK said:
Now i can imagine that you get a lot comments like - gimme gimme! more! better! now!.
For you younger forum members, CCDK is the guy who made the second post ever on Europe 1200 board, behind our ex-leader Cruger's first post.
And 4 years later, we still haven't added camels into our mod. :mrgreen:

Well its not a big deal in comparison, one step further is doing nothing.

Note: The reskinning I'm talking about is generally recoloring and doing small changes.

MihailoSRB: how the Devil did you figure out that i posted right after cruger way back then? I can only see 2 options - you are keeping an eye on my moments or you have the memory of an elephant! Hell i had forgotten all about the fact - time runs fast :smile:

now that we talk animals anyone remember the elephant from an old roman 0.960 mod? i nearly had an heartattack when i saw it the first time - then when it moved i laughed my gut out - then when i tried to kill it i cursed it to hell and back - nearly impossible to kill because you had to hit the right spots

CCDK said:
now that we talk animals anyone remember the elephant from an old roman 0.960 mod? i nearly had an heartattack when i saw it the first time - then when it moved i laughed my gut out - then when i tried to kill it i cursed it to hell and back - nearly impossible to kill because you had to hit the right spots
The Hegemony one, right? I think that issue can be resolved with the Iron Launcher (or whatever the name of that launcher was), which is how TLD had various-sized creatures with correct hit-boxes. I don't know if anyone's implemented an elephant in Warband so far though - a full Hegemony release seems less and less likely, so we'd have to look somewhere else (if we need an elephant in the first place, actually - we won't be reaching India (oh, imagine if we did!)). I think I've seen camels in several mods though...

MihailoSRB said:
CCDK said:
For you younger forum members, CCDK is the guy who made the second post ever on Europe 1200 board, behind our ex-leader Cruger's first post.
And 4 years later, we still haven't added camels into our mod. :mrgreen:
well why tha hell not?
theres even a script resource on horse reactions to camels, and i reckon the old timer has seen those camels he mentioned since back then  :mrgreen:
4 years of cammel slacking  :roll:

NikeBG said:
CCDK said:
The Hegemony one, right? I think that issue can be resolved with the Iron Launcher (or whatever the name of that launcher was), which is how TLD had various-sized creatures with correct hit-boxes. I don't know if anyone's implemented an elephant in Warband so far though - a full Hegemony release seems less and less likely, so we'd have to look somewhere else (if we need an elephant in the first place, actually - we won't be reaching India (oh, imagine if we did!)). I think I've seen camels in several mods though...
a certan neolitic mod had some mammoth in progress, perhaps they borrowed the elephant you need for retexture or whatever

I'm a bit concerned about complaints regarding the current map textures, specially regarding the 'ocean' (looks too much like glass) and the 'plain' (too patterned) ones. So I've been doing some testing with new textures, taken from the Free Seamless Textures blog (they're free to use afaiac).

EzfenWN.jpg

Close up:
AFQlRBc.jpg

What do you guys think? I've already modified the plain texture to make it look a bit more 'brownish' (original one from FST was just too green), and additional minor adjustments wouldn't be a problem (maybe the 'desert' texture could be a bit lighter).

Just in case anyone was actually in love with the current textures in the released version of the mod, I can make a package and include all of them so reverting them will be easy if the player wants to.

Korinov: very good (new textures)

Is there any way to make the bottom of the ocean disappear, when I zoom out to the maximum? I thinik its much more disturbing to see the ocean is not there where it should be, than the exact color of the sea's texture.

Back
Top Bottom