New map: Close Encounters v1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Herron

Regular
Hello, i would like to show a map i have created together with my friend, LoLmAn.

Download Links:

Mirror 1: http:// www65.zippyshare.com/v/80369537/file. html
Mirror 2: http:// wyslijto.pl/files/download/ jc3howg2np

Note: If any of links is broken sooner or later, send me a PM so i will reupload. Also, if someone would like to host our map on server, i can share with scenes.txt code only by PM.

overviewn.png

Description of "Close Encounters":

There are two rival kingdoms (Red and Blue Factions) that are at constant war, river crossing between their keeps is the only reason that still prevents each other from launching a full scale attack. Exploring and travelling were a problem for years aswell, because of harsh local winters, now engineers finally have found a solution: building an entire system of underground tunnels all over the place. A while after, third force has revealed its presence (Black Faction), but its not a serious threat alone. However, they are picking and switching sides in this conflict of two, and gold is all that matters.

Commoners are living their life in the town, making business mostly through export to distant lands.

Outlaws has been almost wiped out totally during wars, those who survived are now slaves, resting in dungeons.

Red Faction have settled itself in a castle next to town, Berwinwic. Its strenght is based on Swadian and Rhodok technology, their leader is Herron.

Blue Faction is holding castle known as Osvirklif, nearby forest. They are deeply connected with Nords and Vaegirs, and are ruled by LoLmAn.

Black Faction occupies a Tandcot outpost, they are using some Sarranid and Khergit gear. Have no king, they are more barbarians and mercenaries than a real kingdom.

Purple Faction is not a faction in fact, thats a small guild of traders with their own market called "Oasis", in which they make profit by selling current needs.

BTW. server with map is up online, see you there!

It is nice to have a small map, but:

1: How does the Siege Tower work?

2: Will there not be an issue with people just taking potshots from one castle to another?

3: I see that you have stretched the fields. I suggest making them original size, because the Wheat that grows on them will not be stretched.

4: What is the server name upond which it is hosted?

1. Siege tower is actually immobile, but there is a ladder to build on the bridge, which is also modular and can be both lowered and raised.

2. No, i dont think there will occur such an issue, map have fog that put limits on shooting range, and it had to be disabled for overview screen.

3. Yes, we tested it out already. Wheat grows in the middle of the fields, to me it still looks good however, but if ppl will complain about this, it will be fixed in next update.

4. Server was named "Close Encounters", exactly the same as map itself.

If you have more doubts, suggestions, or just a questions, feel free to ask.

Herron, thanks for reminding me to log ban you for advertising your server. I had almost forgot hadn't it been for seeing your name here.

Well, i would say it depends on the advertising. If he only wanted people to test his map, since the server is hosted for the single purpose of testing it, it'd be (not ok) but acceptable.

Rasorath, it was just a proposal for people to come and check map, not advertise of a server. My server is not 24/7 standing, so theres no point to do that. Anyway, if thats enough for you, go ahead.

Back
Top Bottom