The Training Dummy - Discoveries (WARNING: SPOILERS!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lilly112 said:
Does anyone know anything about the 'Here there be Monsters' option that the bloodfountian dares not speak about?

Only monster besides the Behemoth Worm, that I can think of, would be the Sphinx. But there could be others, of course, that I haven't come across yet...

"Here, There Be Monsters..." is a reference to the equipment of Typhon and Echidna, who will be the King and Lady of the necromancy faction, respectively. This faction will be added in the near future.

The Grave of Annabel Lee might wind up being part of a romance storyline, involving an incubus or succubus - these troops would be VERY powerful, but would demand gifts of affection. If refused, they would wreak havoc - slaying other troops, destroying equipment, making all your denars disappear, etc. If they are ever lost there would be a permanent price. So the character gets a constant companion they can spoil with gold and diamonds... and a contract. It sounds like a lot of fun to me, but also a lot of work, so this concept has been shelved until more pressing matters have been attended to.

I don't know where this Grave of Annabel Lee is. And the gift demanding is rather difficult, because in the native game there was no way to give items, and so you'd need to make your own triggers.

Oh the actual mechanics aren't all that hard. I pretty much have it worked out how I want to do it already. The actual writing of the menus, dialogs, triggers, related items, and everything else that will take time though. I have learned a LOT in my five or so years of modding M&B... yet it is like it was only yesterday I made my first dagger. Ah, memories. :mrgreen:

That's what I meant. :wink:

Each time you place Velvet in the cocoon and it disappears, there is a random chance The Sphinx will appear inside.

A few questions:
How does Fortunado work? I found him and all he does is scream nonsense at me.
I lost the Cask of Amontillado in a fight, and I'm pretty sure I'm never getting it back. Is there a way to get it back without trying to remember who I lost it to and somehow defeating him and taking it back?
Poe and his tower almost seem like they have glitched out textures/meshes. Is everything supposed to be completely solid black?

AlleeCat said:
A few questions:

"How does Fortunado work? I found him and all he does is scream nonsense at me."
~ You need Bloodwine.

I lost the Cask of Amontillado in a fight, and I'm pretty sure I'm never getting it back. Is there a way to get it back without trying to remember who I lost it to and somehow defeating him and taking it back?
~ No, you would have to find the one who took it from you, and defeat them.

Poe and his tower almost seem like they have glitched out textures/meshes. Is everything supposed to be completely solid black?
~ Yes. They are supposed to look utterly alien. They are shadow people/objects.

Lilly112 said:
Consume? It's not consuming the velvet, it's just sitting there, like every other chest.

Have you used Poe's "Rewrite" ability yet? After you do so, there will be a new option in his dialogs, and he will tell you about The Sphinx. Only then, will the cocoon work properly.

Is there a way to craft Dupin's glasses?  Like with the Hebe cauldron and some salt and silver?  I tried and it didn't work, but I was hoping I just did it wrong.

Hi there , watched and read this forum for a while now , while i enjoyed this mod more than i could imagined :grin: , all my thanks to the author , well done  :grin: ...
One silly issue, the only thing i did not manage to get was the Behemoth Worm, other than that, the other quests worked fine :grin: . I did follow the instructions, got the brain jar, got rasputin in my party and shouted by pressing X in every town center, and when i talk with rasputin the option for "Rasputin Requiem" is not there , so no Chrysalis for me  :???: . Now what am i doing wrong , is there a level requirement for the worm, or am i missing something ? And by every town center, did you mean every little village or only enter the major cities, click "take a walk around the streets" and press x for the shout ?

Just the major cities. You probably missed one. I myself have missed a city many times.

I usually go in this order:

Tihr, Sargoth, Wercheg, Rivacheg, Reyvadin, Khudan, Curaw, Ichamur, Tulga, Halmar, Narra, Veluca, Jelkala, Yalen, Suno, Dhirim, Praven, Uxkhal.

And you are welcome. Good to hear you are having a.... dreadfully good time. :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom