Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

BearNorris said:
Can somebody please make a mod for a more muscular character body...for say a CONAN THE BARBARIAN runthrough :smile: there isnt much physical player to npc interaction so it shouldnt be difficult as long as u leave the hight alone....the biggest issue should be getting armors and other attiers  to match i guess.....but pls! yay!

To do that you would need to copy and edit every single armour piece in M&B, and then once you've done that you'd need to code in every single one of these pieces - your talking about a huge amount of work.

Its not just simply a matter of creating a muscular body and then adding it in game - if you just did this then whenever the player equipped armour they would go back to normal size.

If you really wanted to do it, I would say pick a few of your favourite armours, make them look muscular and then add them in game and then only use these armours.

BearNorris said:
Can somebody please make a mod for a more muscular character body...for say a CONAN THE BARBARIAN runthrough :smile: there isnt much physical player to npc interaction so it shouldnt be difficult as long as u leave the hight alone....the biggest issue should be getting armors and other attiers  to match i guess.....but pls! yay!

Plus, Y'know, this isn't the place to ask.

Blobmania said:
Is that "new" praetorian helmet a slight remesh & retexture of Lueii's OSP ones (shown in image #1)?

I hope you meant 'Llew', not 'Lueii', because that helmet and texture were made by me.  :wink:

If someone is claiming it's theirs, I'd like their address.

Llew said:
Blobmania said:
Is that "new" praetorian helmet a slight remesh & retexture of Lueii's OSP ones (shown in image #1)?

I hope you meant 'Llew', not 'Lueii', because that helmet and texture were made by me.  :wink:

If someone is claiming it's theirs, I'd like their address.

:oops: My bad there. Of course I meant you, I'm just shocking with names, even online :razz:

New facegen-compliant female head mesh.
six_faces.jpg

Got more complex specular working in the shader, so that men and women's eyes finally don't look dead and women can have glossy lips if I want.
face_specular_control.jpg

BTW, the only post I got about this stuff in the dev thread was a "yuck". 

What's wrong with them?  They all look like pretty ladies to me...

new_bs_screen01.jpg

Blobmania said:
BearNorris said:

Plus, Y'know, this isn't the place to ask.

wel u are pretty informative so im jst gna keep askin you sht.Would it be perhaps easier to just edit entire character scale?if so how?

xenoargh said:
BTW, the only post I got about this stuff in the dev thread was a "yuck". 
What's wrong with them?  They all look like pretty ladies to me...
Uhm... First of all, I don't want to sound negative or something, and I'm certain I'd not be able to do that at all, or do much worse at best, however I see barely any improvement over Native's faces. If they look like pretty ladies to you, you've most certainly been spending too much time in a place that I would not like to visit. :razz:

@xeno:

I kinda agree with everyone, the faces aren't that different from Native's, and man, those are awful.

Native females look deformed, so, my suggestion is to look into photos of varied women faces and make them more natural,  taking care to not turn them into plastic dolls.

Some issues with the facial proportions of Native faces I identify, it may help:

-Eyes are too big;
-Eyelids have an unnatural shape;
-Nose/forehead - mouth/nose ratio is totally messed up;
-There's no option to change the shape of the nose profile, and nostrils are too large, making the nose too 'piggy';
-Cheeckbones are too protruding
-Minor issues with the shape of the jaw and cheek, as they're bulky where they shouldn't be.

The faces look like an improvement, they may not look like the women in your wet dreams but you have to agree that they look better than native even if not by a milestone. It's somewhere, which is more than what I can say for this.

The cheekbones are way smaller than the above which is the native face mesh, notice in the image below that the face is overall different. The chin is also smaller.
six_faces.jpg

I guess I could make the default's eyes tilt a bit less; that's one area I didn't mess with; mainly, I pulled the eyes outwards a bit, made the nose narrower, and adjusted the lips quite a lot. 

Anyhow, I need more detailed feedback about what to change.  I'm thinking a lot of the perception of the faces has to do with their makeup (the "cheap whores" are in Elizabethan court makeup- styles have changed a lot over the centuries) so here's a breakdown, using the base mesh only:

face_views.jpg

When I go home sunday I can draw some suggestions, but for now, some pics for reference:

face_front.jpg
thumb_COLOURBOX4651644.jpg
depositphotos_3784584-Beauty-of-womans-face.jpg
WomanMeditating.jpeg
depositphotos_3784584-Beauty-of-womans-face.jpg
120122-238.jpg

Quick stuff:

-Make the lips smaller, and more relaxed;
-Relocate the mouth, put it less close to the nose;
-The chin is too fat where it shouldn't, looks like it's swollen, make it narrower and well marked or more aligned with the rest of the jaw;
-All the face features are out of proportion with the face frame, they are far too large in comparison, specially the eyes, eyebrows and forehead, so try scaling them down, mainly in the X axis.

ktLGz.png

By the way, I'm working on a Japanese Weapon OSP set because none of the current sets have what I would personally need, so I assume they don't have a lot of what other people need.

This is probably about a half of the models for the complete project, all the easy stuff. But I might release all of these as a sort of phase 1 before continuing onto the more complicated things.

Lookin' great thus far!  As a suggestion, maybe try laying out as many as possible on one 1024?  I think that it's probably possible to get them all on there, a lot of the blades could be on the same textures, a lot of the other hardware doesn't have to be unique.  It'd be really really nice to have a set like this that was efficient as well as complete, like the Lueii stuff and RR_Razor's classics.

@SSH:  Roger that; I'll hit the geometry again tomorrow night when I'm free again.  I especially agree with the chin and the eyes, and I think I need to pull in the nose where it's coming down to the brow, it's too sharp of an edge. 

I probably also need to look at the morph frames... but that's where things get a bit, er, touchy with the facegen code.  My very first go at this, you don't even wanna know what happened to the faces  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom