EU_PW4_RolePlay - Main Server Thread and Rules. (Rules updated 21.12.2011)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasorath

Sergeant Knight
EU_PW4_RolePlay

New Teamspeak 3 server: IL2.LeetTS.com:9988
EU_PW4 and NA_PW4 are on the same Teamspeak server to prepare for the merge.

Name: EU_PW4_RolePlay
Slots: 150
Teamspeak 3 Server: IL2.LeetTS.com:9988

Server Rules

Server Rules

1.Randoming: Do not kill anyone without a Roleplay reason. "He looked at me funny" is not a Roleplay reason.

2.Raiding: You can only raid castles, not towns. Raids needs to be announced - in global 3 times - where and when they are going to raid (With a minimum of 3 minutes from announcement to raid)
Definition of "Raiding": Going in to a castle to kill everyone inside. The "Raiding" rules does not apply to factions at war with eachother.

3.No Revenge Rule: When you die, you are not allowed to seek out the people involved in your death.

4.Wars: You are allowed to declare war for the simple reason of territorial expansion. The war needs to be announced in global 3 times before any battles occur. Both factions have to wait 3 minutes before attacking.
A war is lost when all faction territories are lost to the enemy and the faction leader of the faction without territory has died once since its loss. This includes factions who start out without territory and declare war on those with (or without) castle(s). Once a faction has lost both participants must declare peace.

When in a siege as a defender and you do not want to be a part of the siege anymore after you spawn, you need to leave your faction by pressing F on the commoner pole located in all the castles. After you spawn you cannot be hurt for 10 seconds because of the game mechanics.

5.Assassination:
The person hiring the assassin will say "Contract given" in global. The assassin will then inform the admins - using the admin chat - who they're hired by, and who they're hired to kill.

When hiring an assassin, you need an actual In Character reason to do so.

The victim of an assassination has the right to know who hired the assassin, over an OOC chat. The No Revenge Rule applies to this as well.

6.Robbing/Taxing: You cannot demand anything more then this while robbing/taxing:
2000 for anyone with metal bodyarmour or above.
1000 for anybody else.

A robber can demand any single item the victim has on his person or they can demand a cart.

Anyone can rob/tax anyone.

You cannot kill a person while robbing if the person you're robbing can give you something, even it it's lower than what's on the list.

You need to make room for dialogue when robbing.

7.No glitching.

8. Mercenaries: When you are going to fight for a faction as a mercenary, you have to join the faction itself. You cannot help a faction at war if you are not in the faction itself, unless you are in a different faction also at war with the same people.

9.While in-game, respect the administration's decisions:
If you have a problem with a member of the administration, use the correct thread to complain.
If you have been banned, use the correct thread to write a ban appeal request, using the template in the original post. Do not get a friend to ask the administration in-game about your ban.

10.Use the Admin Chat (Backspace) to ask for an administrators help. Be informative when seeking help from an administrator. Do not use Caps Lock in the Admin Chat!
When you have a problem that requires an administrator, be informative when asking for help.
"HELP ADMIN" is not informative. "Being randomed" is informative.
If you don't get help right after asking for it, do not ask again straight away. Spamming will get you kicked from the server without a warning.

11.An admin with any admin items on is considered OOC and is not to be bothered ICly.

12.Metagaming
Metagaming rules does NOT apply to identifying an enemy faction member as an enemy. This means that you can, for example, kill a person you're at war with, even if that person is not carrying any of his factions colours.
The act of metagaming is using out of character information (ie, global chat, voice server) to influence in-character action. An easy example of this is calling someone by their name when you don't know it In Character.

When it comes to identifying other people, as long as your character (note: your character, not you) knows who someone is, either by idetifying him yourself or recieving a description, you can use the name labels to confirm who the person is as an out of character confirmation.
An example of this is recieving a description from a conractor as an assassin, thus, your character knows the person he is going to kill and how he looks like, you are able to use the name labels to make sure you are not killing the wrong person.

The Civilian Guild:

The Civilian Guild is where you would join to be a neutral worker, such as an Engineer, Serf, Traveler or Doctor.
Assassination is still acceptable while in the Civilian Guild, providing you follow the Assassination rules.
They should be at peace with every faction.

The Town Watch:
This is the faction that holds the main town, and they're the only ones that are going to hold the main town. Declaring war on them as a regular faction is not allowed, only rebellions are allowed to.

The Mercenary Faction (Temp)
The Mercenary faction is a temporary faction to serve as commoner fighters. This is not to be considered a faction, they are to be considered commoners with fighting classes. No wars are to be made against or by the Mercenaries. The Mercenaries are going to be set to "Peace" with every other faction, so they will be outlawed if they kill too many people.

Donations
If you would like to help us with the server fee, donating is helpful and appreciated. Your name will be listed to show our appreciation.​

Donation Link

Donators:
Spectre.
Death
Toffi
GreenWolf.

Thank you for donating!

Links of Importance:

Past Roleplay Events:

Year 2 Fight for Cornwall:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,179590.msg4312662.html#msg4312662
Fight For Cornwall AAR: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,180903.0.html
Fight for Totnes:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,181096.msg4342987.html#msg4342987
Fight of Longford: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,182961.0.html
Fight for Hampshire (Dday): http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,184090.0.html
Dark island, first arrival. : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,185879.0.html
Dark Island, The return : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,186849.0.html
Merciless Sea: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,188307.0.html

Banking:

When you deposit for the first time:
Tell the administrator that you do not have an account.

When withdrawing/depositing in the bank:
- Tell the administrator the amount you would like to withdraw/deposit.
- Take/Drop the money.
- Leave the queue.

Account rules
No more than 250K on an individual account. Only one individual account per player.
No more than 400K on a joint account. You can only be a part of 1 joint account.
No more than 1000K on a faction account.

Roleplayers list for Events:

Nicolaj
Jaskarr
Sir_Autaurius_snow
Vincent_the_Silent
Jenny
The_inquisitor
Sir_Frozen_beard
Sir_jonathan
Prince_symeon
Rojen_the_coward
Valdruk_the_bastard
Sir_Maximus_snow
Blade
Wise_ethenwulf
letho
blayzor
matt
valkyria
caroline_of_highstone
elyssa
marvin_the_bird
66th_kardinal_macdonald
Bishop Valiant
Macleane
Thomas80
Zirae_the_brave
Dragon_Seaforth
Caine
Jackie
Sir_william

Don't forget to add the part in assassinations where the victim has the right to know who ordered the contract.

The rules will be updated soon, in order to avoid loop holes, written by a master of such things (myself ;3).

killer110 said:
Do donations have to be regular or can I just put in $20 and that's it?

You need a paypal account, but if you have one, you can just type in a number, and that's it.

bobthe8th said:
The rules will be updated soon, in order to avoid loop holes, written by a master of such things (myself ;3).

These rules are updated. I still need to take a look at your proposal.

The robbery and Outlaws part seems a little crude. A few minutes after I entered the server an Outlaw came up to me and killed me. On global he said that he was allowed to because he's an Outlaw and he was robbing me. He got poll banned for that but it should still be clearly stated in the rules what Outlaws can or cannot do and how to rob. Oh and 1k for someone who just joined is a bit much, especially if he lost it all from being killed in a war or being consistently randomed. Also, a footman who just joined who found a Nordic Short Sword can't be expected to pay 2k like someone with mail.

Edit: When the person who got assassinated has 'the right to know', does that mean that the assassin has to give the name?

killer110 said:
Oh and 1k for someone who just joined is a bit much, especially if he lost it all from being killed in a war or being consistently randomed. Also, a footman who just joined who found a Nordic Short Sword can't be expected to pay 2k like someone with mail.
    What's wrong with not having enough money? It's common in real life that a thief would stop someone in the middle of the night and demand something that the victim doesn't really have.
You're talking about robbery as if it's a tax that has to be paid, just tell him that all you have is X denars, and if he doesn't like it (90% of robbers, since almost everyone is bloodthirsty in this game), you'll have to fight your way out.

Troubles said:
killer110 said:
Oh and 1k for someone who just joined is a bit much, especially if he lost it all from being killed in a war or being consistently randomed. Also, a footman who just joined who found a Nordic Short Sword can't be expected to pay 2k like someone with mail.
    What's wrong with not having enough money? It's common in real life that a thief would stop someone in the middle of the night and demand something that the victim doesn't really have.
You're talking about robbery as if it's a tax that has to be paid, just tell him that all you have is X denars, and if he doesn't like it (90% of robbers, since almost everyone is bloodthirsty in this game), you'll have to fight your way out.

IRL, you don't say "give me 1000", you say "Give me your money" then take whatever he have. In PWmod, we have limits to prevent retarded amounts of taxes because the players are there to have fun.
Thus you have to limit yourself to that amount, and if the player cannot afford it, he should pay whatever he can then be left alone.

New beta2 map up on the server! Made by Reggae.

killer110 said:
Oh and 1k for someone who just joined is a bit much
That's why you can't rob someone that just joined for 1K, they need to have a bought tool or any resources.

killer110 said:
Also, a footman who just joined who found a Nordic Short Sword can't be expected to pay 2k like someone with mail.
What I tried to achieve was that you wouldn't get robbed for 2K unless you had something to fight back with.
I understand that 2K might be a little bit much in some cases, but at least you can defend yourself if the robber doesn't accept what money you have.

I also added a new line under "Robberies":
Any player with starting equipment, no bought equipment: 300.

Eragon91 said:
Troubles said:
killer110 said:

IRL, you don't say "give me 1000", you say "Give me your money" then take whatever he have. In PWmod, we have limits to prevent retarded amounts of taxes because the players are there to have fun.
Thus you have to limit yourself to that amount, and if the player cannot afford it, he should pay whatever he can then be left alone.
I believe you're missing the point of my post.
What I meant is that his complaint is like saying "I don't have much money to get robbed, outlaws shouldn't rob me because I haven't reach the 1000 denars yet" which sounds ridiculous.

@Troubles.

Basically it's prevent robbery randoming.

It's happen during the old good RCC Day, with the infamous "Manhunters"

"- 100 K OR DIE ! "
"- *newly joined commoners * Wtf ? "
Insta kill
Respawn
Do it again until rage quit.

The lowest commoners who didn't have a chance to band out with soldiers or to make enough money to pay or fight his way out shouldn't be tax for more than the roleplay value.
Excessif robbery is equal to spawn killing, because you are preventing players to farm.

Update: Change in the Mercenary rules.

Rasorath said:
The Mercenary Faction:

This is where you can join if you would like to be a mercenary/assassin.

When joining a faction in times of war as a Mercenary, you need to join the faction you have been hired by. There are "Peasant-Sticks" in all castles, to make this easy.

This is now considered a normal faction.

Basically, we had problem with mercenaries fighting at each other in town, while in the main faction.

Now, any commoners or outlaw can fight at each others without the TK penality.

However, your will respawn outside the Town gate leading to a increased power of the underplayed TW.

I like this server for many RP neutral fraction when first time comming in game... it was beta1 and map 7... Civilian guild!Merceneris!TW!what we see at now?CG die when beta2 comming(where is logic :???: beta2 make more interesting game for CG) ... at now Merc die too... commoners is peacents or another peaceful people who have free life(not CG) ... but at now they warrior too... they havent heraldik... ahhh... not good, not good... we lose the main sweet stuff of  THIS server...

Dark Blade said:
I like this server for many RP neutral fraction when first time comming in game... it was beta1 and map 7... Civilian guild!Merceneris!TW!what we see at now?CG die when beta2 comming(where is logic :???: beta2 make more interesting game for CG) ... at now Merc die too... commoners is peacents or another peaceful people who have free life(not CG) ... but at now they warrior too... they havent heraldik... ahhh... not good, not good... we lose the main sweet stuff of  THIS server...

+1

Aldric, about factions... realy? at now more % commoners (old commoners+mers) and % of faction warriros not changed. more!are we need many factions? 4 - max number of required war factions... why?becouse lot of people play in another factions and noone or only one faction have big army!is it good?no!becouse war must be epic for fun!so 2 side of mainland and third power on island is ideal  concept for map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom