The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the short discussion about currency and the economy in the mod, I would support an "as realistic as possible" economy in the game, solely for role-playing purposes. If I have to start off as a soldier, I want to be able to afford items soldiers could buy. Only my higher commissions should allow me to buy nicer things and non-military related items including marital items, estates, etc.

If I have to play the game for an in-game year to afford an official commission, I'll do it. I like where this mod has been going recently, and despite the mongoloids asking for release dates and percent of completion, many conversation and debates have been constructive to the mod.

Keep up the great work, Docm30.

kpetschulat said:
In regards to the short discussion about currency and the economy in the mod, I would support an "as realistic as possible" economy in the game, solely for role-playing purposes. If I have to start off as a soldier, I want to be able to afford items soldiers could buy. Only my higher commissions should allow me to buy nicer things and non-military related items including marital items, estates, etc.

If I have to play the game for an in-game year to afford an official commission, I'll do it. I like where this mod has been going recently, and despite the mongoloids asking for release dates and percent of completion, many conversation and debates have been constructive to the mod.

Keep up the great work, Docm30.

"There are worse things to be. You, for example." but I agree that economy should be realistic and it should be hard to work your way to the top. On what basis will you get promoted? It would be great if you would be allowed to wear uniform corresponding your rank and faction but on the other hand item hunt is also fun.

Kolyan147 said:
Swiss Confederation
Kingdom of Spain (Bonapartist)
Supreme Junta (Spanish Rebels)
Kingdom of Portugal
Denmark-Norway
Kingdom of Sweden
Ottoman Empire

These fractions have not yet done?
Very excited about the Swiss.

Gestricius said:
Very excited about the Swiss.

Swiss?  They just sucked Napoleon's arse during all the war (no offense)
A lot more interesting are the two spanish factions, fighting to decide who might be the new king. Oh, brave ancesters, fighting against the power of France.
The two spanish factions should have been on the first release on the mod  :neutral:

dom stop doing side-projects plz k?

acokburgonet.jpg

acokunsulliedarmour.jpg

I personally don't mind Docm doing side projects or making models as OSPs unrelated to L'Aigle. As long as it's absolutely freaking beautiful (in which they always are), then why the hell not?

Hopefully the troops shooting abilities will vary more than in NW...
its just not accurate that a Landwehr troop is as accurate as a well trained man of the line.

I wouldn't be so sure. It wasn't all that rare that members of the Landwher were former regulars.

It'd be nice if the stats on the Landwher were somehwat random, from piss-poor soldiers to as good as a regular.

I'm glad people approve of how I spend my time.

ClearlyInvisible said:
I wouldn't be so sure. It wasn't all that rare that members of the Landwher were former regulars.

Some Landwehr officers were retired soldiers, but none of the men were. The Landwehr of 1809 was essentially untrained and in many cases unequipped.

In the meantime, here's a not entirely finished version of The Smoke (or London as it's also known (more accurately it's Westminster)).

Pictured is Whitehall, featuring Horse Guards, Downing Street, the Banquesting House and Scotland Yard.

london2.jpg

london3.jpg

london4.jpg

london5.jpg

london1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom