The Elder Lands! -PW map- v1.1

Users who are viewing this thread

ElderLandspic.jpg

Download:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3143

*USES SCENE_10, which is none-existent. Just change the "10" in the file-name and the .txt to a lower number before hosting*

Scene.txt:
Code:
scn_scene_10 scene_1 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000330000500000d234800003142000059720000402c
 outer_terrain_pw_1

Locations

Central Village:
mb_warband2011-08-1016-17-27-54.jpg

mb_warband2011-08-1116-41-04-66.jpg

Whether a new traveler or an old local, you'll find plenty of busy-bodies around here! The commoner village is at the center of everything; anyone going anywhere will be passing by! Searching for a tavern? It's right by the pond, and you can find beds for resting and work, such as hire for mercenaries, and other sorts too!... Oh, and a couple of houses around the place are actually free to enter! So find one and make it yer home!

The Three Kingdoms

Island Castle:
mb_warband2011-08-1116-50-14-84.jpg

mb_warband2011-08-1116-49-51-75.jpg

Not the easiest castle to get to for a land lubber, the Islanders sit peaceful and self-sufficient on their quaint island, guarded by palisade walls. Though seemingly impenetrable without some heavy ship-power, is there a secret back door for this keep? Keep your eyes pealed!

Valley Castle:
mb_warband2011-08-1116-48-10-69.jpg

mb_warband2011-08-1116-48-35-11.jpg

Simple yet sturdy, the valley dwellers have both castle walls and the very mountains themselves for defense! With the mountains, palisade and stone walls to get through, those laying siege will work hard to claim this castle!

Imperial Castle:
mb_warband2011-08-1116-46-16-46.jpg

Imperial Harbor
mb_warband2011-08-1116-45-20-65.jpg

Perhaps the grandest of castle owners, the Imperials show forth dominance among the realm with their superior masonry work! The Imperials boast a grand harbor and the most land-owned region, but with large castles, comes many ways and directions of attack. Guards, stay proud and keep your eyes pealed!

Arena Entertainment and Market Place:
mb_warband2011-08-1016-20-22-61.jpg

Who needs more than a simple joust arena with a view? Nobles will seek their entertainment as they watch valiant warriors toss sword and spear for blood and glory! And what's more but a market place, filled to the brim with all sorts of strange, foreign and desirable garments and armors? Men, careful when ye bring shopping ladies near the market place, lest yer pockets run empty by spending gifts!

Ruins:
mb_warband2011-08-1016-17-54-59.jpg

mb_warband2011-08-1116-42-53-18.jpg

Why would any fella want to travel near this desolate place, full of bandits and the sort? Ain't ye heard of the forgotten dungeons? And that the entrance to them be in those very ruins? I hear word that there be riches of ore in there!

Dungeon:
mb_warband2011-08-1016-39-35-88.jpg

Careful when ye tread underground in this place, matey, thieves and thugs be running lose! But riches in ore await ye, so do you take the risk?... Oh, and did I forget to mention the secret passages in the dungeon, that lead to different parts of the map? Find out for yourself!

Old Wayshrine:
mb_warband2011-08-1016-18-21-46.jpg

Well, truth be told, I no little 'bout this spot! I hear people offer up sacrifice to old gods here, and others have said that it leads to another dimension, or that hellish demons could come out of it and kill us all! What do you think it's for?... and what's with the abandoned fortress behind it?
mb_warband2011-08-1116-44-08-56.jpg
I wonder what could be there?

RP Homes:
mb_warband2011-08-1116-41-49-40.jpg

mb_warband2011-08-1116-47-18-52.jpg

The ol' Map:
TheElderLands-1.jpg

-Each Castle is different then the next, and every castle has its own weaknesses and strengths; it's up to you to use them effectively!
-Smithies have resources sitting right outside their work area, but they have to take a short walk to cash in their constructions. A slightly slower process for them, but realistic by all means.
-Ore sites are always outside the castles (unless you consider Valley castle, though it's still a good walk's away), leaving the most valuable resource at risk.
-Island Castle is completely self-sufficient with ore and wood, but has more primitive defenses and a backdoor.
-Imperial Castle has very solidified walls, but that leaves room for many possible siege angles and directions, and the castle has three different gate-houses to take care of. The bigger the castle, the harder to manage. :wink:
-A couple of houses separated on the map actually have interiors with beds and inventory chests, for the ever-desiring role-players to own! :grin:
-The dungeon is accessible from different locations, which I will not name. You can take shortcuts to get to places, wait in the dark for an innocent serf to get mugged or send your army secretly through the dungeon tunnels! I told you about the one in the ruins, you can discover the others on your own!
-4 wheelbarrows are hidden in "so-obvious-you'd-miss-it" places, so miners, look around for those!

This map was inspired by Oblivion, and as you can see in the pics, I left grass to represent Oblivion's beauty of environment!
Once the map is out, I ask for testing and input of opinions and possible improves! :wink:

Well, being that your post wasn't complete English, I didn't quite understand it, but thanks for the input!... I think? ^^;
Valley castle has to have mountains defending it, therefore, I can't smooth it much. :\

It is quite funny that with such a lack of understanding you manage to answer to my post perfectly. Which part of my post you actually did not understand?

Anyway. It is possible. You can make kind of shelf in the middle of the stone wall. If you have to make wall at least use rock texture. It looks totally unrealistic at the moment. You just stretch texture to much.

As an idea of castle it is silly anyway as in real life it would be perfectly possible to climb on the top and shoot deffenders with rain of arrows or fire missiles. Deffenders would not be able to do nothing about it. They would have to surrender. Some ideas just looks cool but simply not work.

There's no need to throw insults here, mate, you jump to quickly to call me an idiot(don't take seriously). I was referring to the other guy's post; "Not making a map (-?-) ain't good idea, but at (last)?you did it on purpose, not because of pure laziness."

Very well, I'll take your point about Valley Castle and add inner walls, and I'll need to think up a new twist for it as well then, to even the concept out.

-Thanks.

You're right that my english isn't perfect, but it's mainly because of posting hour - 4:43 here...

typo - at least. And by "map" I mean overview with marked locations... but somehow most people use this term instead of "scene"

I'll work on the cliff textures, but as it is now, I've given up on using any stone textures. They are buggy and stupid when I try to use them. :\

I'm thinking about leaving the cliffs as they are and putting inner walls around the the keep/smithy and center of the castle.

Ah, sorry I misunderstood you Calen, thanks for pointing that out. Yes, I know everyone marks everything on their map, but I deem it unnecessary and undesired. I want the map to stay in a roleplay and somewhat adventuresome spirit. Though, I may redesign the map-overview to look legit and old with nice names for places. :wink:

EDIT: I'm getting sloppy with typing too, and it's getting late. :X
EDITx2: Nvm the cliff textures... I've figured out a method of using them that will fit my interests.

Good work, I think. You should mix texture ground for esthetic, same, you should scale some -valley castle-.

For rock texture, don't add them with turf texture around, or you will see a invisible ground - use earth/path and turf them at 0.05 height = earth with some herbs on it.
Rock texture for hard mountain is necessary I think.

I like it. No extreme landscape change, castles aren't too big or too small, i like that the starting place is a village instead of a town too, hopefully meaning that the starting place isn't packed full of weapons and armour

Yes, I did finally manage to figure out a way to use rock textures for the mountains... it's just an aqward process.

... I have to reconsider resizing a lot of things. It took me a while to realize just how big objects spawn compared to their natural size, and making a lot of comparisons, a few too many things are too big. :S

I'm reworking the mountain range, smoothing out terrains even more, fixing up Valley Castle and trying to make the environment as realistic/Oblivion-inspired as possible. (funny, when you start relating the real world to what you've seen in Oblivion, perhaps you've played the game too much?)

EDIT: I'll try to have updated pics soon

There is no need for a giant, ugly spawn-town with pointless buildings that serve no purpose other than to pass by on your way to somewhere else, the village serves just fine for the needs and population of the server. Each castle has their own town structures and a couple of "RP-inhabitable" houses are scattered about the land as well. A spawn town is not fitting nor desired for the setting of this map. :wink:

Updated a few pics and getting ready to upload the map!

Should hopefully be a very successful RP map, and I've mastered the castles to be very balanced yet very diverse and fun for faction conquest! The smooth and gentle terrain, mixed with fun rp things, and even the large dungeon that connects to different parts of the map should make this an original and new experience for servers!

Thanks, BoT(nickname :razz:). May we serve Father Akatosh together in these lands, and keep guard over the wayshrine!

Furnardan said:
There is no need for a giant, ugly spawn-town with pointless buildings that serve no purpose other than to pass by on your way to somewhere else, the village serves just fine for the needs and population of the server. Each castle has their own town structures and a couple of "RP-inhabitable" houses are scattered about the land as well. A spawn town is not fitting nor desired for the setting of this map. :wink:

Good point. I really like those ruins.

I love RP homes. I wish there were editable signs to indicate where you live...like in Minecraft!

And the map is up! This map replaces Scene_10, just so you know, you have to change the "10" in the file-name and in the .txt for it to work. Just make it a different number, lower then 10. I hope someone can host this for me so we can test it out! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom