[OLD IDEAS] - for FREELANCER

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karmalize

Recruit
My list of ideas

• Become one of your Lords right hand man ; Best pay and best equipment ; They could also
    recommend you into becoming a lord.
  • To rank up you must have ; time in grade and how you are on the battlefield
  • When you rank up, you get Stat upgrades and XP
  • Once you receive a certain rank you should be able to select your own equipment
  • Have each rank have a tier ; Nord Archer would have three tiers on where you get stats, xp, and new weapons
  • with that Pre-Creation charc, it be perfect, like in the new game screen have ; would you like to be your own army ; or join an army ;join an army would have differnt factions and once you pick a faction you pick the main charc the ; Recruit and you should be randomly drafted into an army

New Idea:

When you reach a certain amount of relation with the lord you serve, he gives you titles ( Camp Aid, Shield Bearer, Sergeant, Commander , etc...) until he thinks you can fit to be a kingdom's lord ( you can accept his offer or refuse and stay in his service but the player should be able to ask again if the lord can grant him the title. Every time you reach a title you get higher pay and some followers depending on the title.

Mentioned this in the old thread (grats on the new board btw): The option to serve a lord that holds you captive rather than suffer imprisonment.

since we have a soldier carrier, wouldn't be logical to bind all to number of kills? Payment, share of loot, rank, mb even king will give you a village )

and add a killcount anyway please ))

JuicyDeath said:
since we have a soldier carrier, wouldn't be logical to bind all to number of kills? Payment, share of loot, rank, mb even king will give you a village )

and add a killcount anyway please ))

Noted, and it's coming in next version I hope. been asked for a few times.. I see that it's worth it :smile: definitely . Is it already available as OSP anyone?

Why dont you do it so that once your rank increases enough you command all of that troop type.
And you should make it two seperate rank systems

Troop tree ranks which is gained via expereince

Command Chain ranks which is gained through how much your fellow soldiers like you and the lord likes you.

i think you should make a mini-mod of this for Floris :grin: that would be awesome, rank up those troop trees would so so CrAzY! or make a new tree line for your mod, that works too, native troop tree is kinda boring imo but i still love the idea of freelancing for a lord :smile:

include osp items form the forge and the option to lead a small party for quests. Also the option of ai rebellion and option to chose sides i.e. Be the deserter leader or stick with your lord.

The focus will be on gameplay features rather than items for now. Both of the things you suggested (leading small parties and ai desertions) were/are things we talked about and are likely to be included in future versions of the mod.

My idea- If you have high favor with your Commander/Lord, and your a top tier soldier in their army, they can have you rescue captured family members from castles, as well as other quests depending on how they like you or hate you. If they like you they will send you on good quests to benefit you and them, but if they dont like you, they will send you on quests where your likely be captured.

Whitestrake said:
My idea- If you have high favor with your Commander/Lord, and your a top tier soldier in their army, they can have you rescue captured family members from castles, as well as other quests depending on how they like you or hate you. If they like you they will send you on good quests to benefit you and them, but if they dont like you, they will send you on quests where your likely be captured.

I like that one White..very much.

1) perhaps more time before you rank? i was a rhodok sergeant inlike 25 game days or something,
2) Also, i don't know if it's possible, (and i alos know it"s easy for ME to suggest and hard to make maybe but.) you could make the commander give orders, te one's you use ingame, like hold this position, and stuff.

One idea is to get paid for being in the lords army. The higher rank you have, the higher the payment.
Pherhaps you could get a rumor as a great warrior after some time, and the other lords will compete to get you to join their party. They will offer you wages, and it is up to you to accept or not. This way your role will be more as a hired mercenary rather than a common troop.

There is also a possibility to add more ranks to increase the playability of this mod. Also to expand the best achieveable rank a step or two past the ordinary max upgraded troops, to make yourself a lifeguard for the lord etc.

George A. Custer said:
1) perhaps more time before you rank? i was a rhodok sergeant inlike 25 game days or something,
In progress :smile:
2) Also, i don't know if it's possible, (and i alos know it"s easy for ME to suggest and hard to make maybe but.) you could make the commander give orders, te one's you use ingame, like hold this position, and stuff.
Great minds think alike, I've thought of this also.

amore555 said:
Is it possible to implement an option to join bandits/caravana/manhunters etc?
Already on the cards, again great minds :razz:

Baltharox said:
One idea is to get paid for being in the lords army. The higher rank you have, the higher the payment.
Pherhaps you could get a rumor as a great warrior after some time, and the other lords will compete to get you to join their party. They will offer you wages, and it is up to you to accept or not. This way your role will be more as a hired mercenary rather than a common troop.

I LOVE this idea, I'd be interested to see this feature implemented in future versions of freelancer.

There is also a possibility to add more ranks to increase the playability of this mod. Also to expand the best achieveable rank a step or two past the ordinary max upgraded troops, to make yourself a lifeguard for the lord etc.

We are looking into the 'extra' ranks issue at the moment, not just troop tier ranks but maybe a ranking system where there is a few 'ranks' in between each troop tier promotion?

This team is a great team, you guys already have a lot of things in mind. How about if there is an option to became a mercenery and you level up in tournaments instead of battlefields until some ai lord comes along and hires your group. You could have a mercernary commander take you and other mercenerires to towns for tourments, training areas, or just plain arena fights. Also the option to duel with other fellpow soldiers when you are bored like peace time would also be appreciated. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom