Shield Wall Event thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great event chaps! Thank you EPI for hosting this.

A couple of things on my mind:

1) Timezones need to be figured out properly. I think we missed a good portion of players tonight, as well as cutting out the large Russian base whom also play Vikingr.

2) Patience. The EPI members whom led the groups were ever so patient with the rabble. I must admit, most Vikingr players are the cream of the crop in terms of thinking-power and ability to listen. I look forward to participating in the event when people have learned and acquainted themselves with one another further. T'will be awesome!

Thanks for coming, everybody. Saturday has achieved a (slight) majority on the poll, so we'll be doing another event next saturday the 23rd.

I'll try to include archers with this one.

The event was excellent, if you have screenshots, post them here! I'll get mine up later today.

Dear Organizers of Event, thank you very much for the warm welcome.

Dear Warriors of Event, thank you very much for your help and kindness. I do not always understand English, and therefore not always able to answer you (sorry, please), but I realized that you have met me well!

Thank you all very much, I'm happy, I liked it.  :grin:  :!:

Eiríkr Rauði said:
1) Timezones need to be figured out properly. I think we missed a good portion of players tonight, as well as cutting out the large Russian base whom also play Vikingr.
Dear Eiríkr Rauði, thank you very much. Even Saturday marked the time for us also not quite comfortable (for us it will be 5 am)
But it's better than the time indicated on Wednesday =)  I understand the circumstances of the organizers, the response was earlier (post above), so hopefully I will not miss the Event from time to time.

a72181eda46f.jpg

2e295d5d2fbd.jpg

eb700ce350cb.jpg

8cb255baa2ca.jpg

ff6f6d2cdd2b.jpg

f6aaab3d3a0c.jpg

ac59028a3458.jpg

dec6efa02b3f.jpg

40d4af106e46.jpg

Eiríkr Rauði said:
Oh, ****! Just noticed the time on Saturday myself. 11PM GMT is 12PM [midnight] current time in England [British Summer Time]. That is really, really late, even for continentals.  :razz:

Hmm.. Maybe saturday is a no-go then. MM training at 3 est, which lasts a maximum of 2 hours, so the lowest we could go is... maybe 5:20 or 5:30 EST, which wouldn't work well.

We could do this at 1 or 2 EST, though, provided the North Americans don't sleep in and miss it :razz:

E: Yes, I think 1 EST is our best bet. Then it's afternoon for NA players, early evening for EU players, and late evening for RU players.

Just to make sure I'm correct, this is 7pm BST?

E2: Also, what do you guys think about these changes for the next battle:

-Javelins are free
-Svia spear damage increased to compensate for the lack of range
-Javelins do more damage to shields (forgot to apply this change earlier :neutral:)
You won't need to download a client mod, these things are all server-side... Though you won't see the effects in the equipment choosing screen, you'd just need to keep in mind that you can go 300 over the limit if you pick a javelin.

E3 (last edit, I swear!): Another poll up. Pick your factions again!

E4 (the above edit note is a lie): I need volunteers for leading. If you have a mic, and want to lead a faction if needed, then let me know via PM or a post here.

I don't like the free javs idea to be honest.. It's a bit depressing for me to see TOO many projectiles being spammed. Today was nicely balanced in that regard. :smile:

To all the rest, seems like good changes to me!

HarkonHakoon said:
I don't like the free javs idea to be honest.. It's a bit depressing for me to see TOO many projectiles being spammed. Today was nicely balanced in that regard. :smile:

To all the rest, seems like good changes to me!

I don't know if the free javelins idea will even work to be honest - I havn't tested it, I don't know whether it would downgrade your items since you went over or the server will realise that the javelins are free
It's probably not going to be put in either way though.

Also, screenshots!

Azrooh said:
Eiríkr Rauði said:
Oh, ****! Just noticed the time on Saturday myself. 11PM GMT is 12PM [midnight] current time in England [British Summer Time]. That is really, really late, even for continentals.  :razz:

Hmm.. Maybe saturday is a no-go then. MM training at 3 est, which lasts a maximum of 2 hours, so the lowest we could go is... maybe 5:20 or 5:30 EST, which wouldn't work well.

We could do this at 1 or 2 EST, though, provided the North Americans don't sleep in and miss it :razz:

E: Yes, I think 1 EST is our best bet. Then it's afternoon for NA players, early evening for EU players, and late evening for RU players.

Just to make sure I'm correct, this is 7pm BST?
Dear Azrooh, it would be wonderful and much more convenient us (for example) from the previously presented.

ALL TIMES ANCHORED TO LOCAL TIME
America1PM EST
UK6PM (BST) Local Time
Europe7PM Local Time
Russia9PM (?) Local Time

Something like this may help? If we anchor the time off of the American East Coast, add on the addition five hours to make up for the CURRENT LOCAL TIME in the United Kingdom, we can then correctly give out times for Europe and Russia. The whole GMT // BST + 1 pullava makes things very messy for Europeans and Americans.

Thanks, Erikur! Hopefully somebody can confirm the timezone for Russia.

What does everybody think about the numbers for archers (and cavalry, if Normans ever pass)?

I'd like to have very small groups of archers. 3-5 in a team of 20. Though I'm not sure what I'm going to do for cavalry.
I was thinking:

A.) Remove archers for the team with cavalry, and just have 3-5 cavalrymen.
B.) Split archers and cavalry down the middle, allowing for 2-3 cavalry and 2-3 archers.

What do you guys think? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Also, for the Normans, should there be one leader (count) that commands both infantry and cavalry (this could get complicated), or should there be two leaders (one for infantry and one for cavalry)
I'm leaning towards the second choice, but I'd like the infantry leader to have some fancy armor to make him stand out. Which would you guys prefer: Dismounted count or infantryman with a ridiculous amount of gold?

Azrooh said:
That's the idea, Ulf :smile:
Dear Azrooh, thanks =)

Eiríkr Rauði said:
ALL TIMES ANCHORED TO LOCAL TIME
America1PM EST
UK6PM (BST) Local Time
Europe7PM Local Time
Russia9PM (?) Local Time

Something like this may help? If we anchor the time off of the American East Coast, add on the addition five hours to make up for the CURRENT LOCAL TIME in the United Kingdom, we can then correctly give out times for Europe and Russia. The whole GMT // BST + 1 pullava makes things very messy for Europeans and Americans.
Dear Eiríkr Rauði, in Russia on Moscow Time 10PM UTC (GMT +4) http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/russia/moscow/time/index.htm
and it time would be wonderful and much more convenient us (for example) from the previously presented.

Azrooh said:
Thank you, Ulfvadr! I've added the timetable to the first post.
Dear Azrooh, thanks too.
But:
Dear Warriors, hepl me/us, pls:
1pm EST+5 hours=6 GMT? But 4 hours = GMT?
....Wednesday the 20th 4pm EST/9pm GMT !New poll up!

OR this mistake, but 1pm EST +4 hours=5 GMT?

If 1 pm EST +5 hours = 6 GMT  then 6 GMT + 4 hours = 10 pm on Moscow time
BUT if  1pm EST +4 hours=5 GMT  then 5 GMT + 4 hours = 9 pm on Moscow time 

Then:
GMT +1= London time
GMT +4= Moscow time

Thus, one must know the final answer for the difference between EST and GMT! This difference = 4 hours?
If "yes, 4 hours":
Then: 1 pm EST= 5 GMT = 6 pm London Time = 7 pm Europe-Continental = 9 pm Moscow time (not 10 pm!)!

I simply called attention to the difference in hours Moscow, London, New York and Tokyo Greenwich!
The difference between New York and Greenwich at 4:00.  http://time.yandex.ru/  and http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/russia/moscow/time/index.htm 

Sorry pls for my mistake!?

Yeah, it was a mistake. The UK is currently in BST, which is GMT+1, which caused a lot of confusion.
It's fixed now though!

Also, very very close polling. I wonder who'll win.

E: So yes, it is 9pm? Because what you described was correct. I'll change it, thanks.

Azrooh said:
Yeah, it was a mistake. The UK is currently in BST, which is GMT+1, which caused a lot of confusion.
It's fixed now though!

Also, very very close polling. I wonder who'll win.

E: So yes, it is 9pm? Because what you described was correct. I'll change it, thanks.
Dear Azrooh, thank you too.
I have a request: please explain what this is Moscow time, as in Russia, many time zones (the difference between them may be in 6 hours and more) and someone who can (Russian peopls) make a mistake, focusing on its local time instead of Moscow.
Thank you very much for your help.

Dear Eirikur, excuse me, pls, you were right: in Moscow this 9 pm Local time.

Kaliningrad Time - 8pm
Moscow Time - 9pm
Yekaterinburg Time - 10pm
Omsk Time - 11pm
Krasnoyarsk Time - 12pm
Irkutsk Time - 1am
Yakutsk Time - 2am
Vladivostok Time - 3am
Magadan Time - 4am

E: Ahh! I see what you mean. Fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.