SP Fantasy Age of Descent / Development will be continued by Roborob. soon new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great_Duke

Grandmaster Knight
             Introduction

" We thought the black death was God's punishment of our sins, and that nothing could be worse than the suffering it caused... But destiny had us wrong! God's curse killed most of the people in our land, sure did!and most of them had their place in hell for their wickedness! But the devil didn't take anymore of them...yes my brothers!when there is no more room in hell the dead will walk the earth! we shall pay for the sins humanity has commited since the dawn of times! we shall live in hell and we should die in hell,because hell is right here and there is no other place to go! when there is no more room in hell the dead will walk the earth!"
16th century, an unknown priest who saw the start of the plague

Setting

Two centuries after a mysterious plague that caused the dead to walk wiped out most of european civilization, mankind struggles to survive in the most remote corners of the world. One of these places is Quinn Island. thanks to a vaccine, and organized defenses against the dead, this island enjoyed periods of relative prosperity and peace, and naive people no longer considered the dead a threat to their lives...but when war begins and the land is bathed in blood, threats of old may return...and this time, the living may not survive the dead.

Features

*over 20 joinable npcs, all of them with unique looks, personality,background story/plot, all based on an existing movie personality/character(mostly b-movies :razz:) many lines of dialogue and unique quests.
*A setting with a complete and complex background and story.
*Civil War strikes, and while both factions brutally face each other,the plague spreads and the wretched ghouls roam the land killing everything they see.
*The ghoul troops have unique appearence,unique combat behaviour/features and sounds.
*New soundtrack that replaces the vanilla one
*Totally new combat features thanks to the introduction of: firearms and firearms and firearms.

What is ready: the map, most of the characters, the zombies(called ghouls in the game),all the troops and party templates, many of the quests, the factions and etc...most of the setting is done.
what needs to be done: finish writing the quests, npcs and plot in python, more weapons and armor.

What I could use some help with:

modellers and texturers are very welcome to collaborate with some of the weapons and clothes  to be in the mod.below are some of them.

modellers and texturers who want to JOIN the mod, and help making the items that are needed, please pm me. you will be fully credited in the release of the mod.
besides the weapons and clothes that i need to make the mod more credible, i need a background starting menu and a banner for the mod link.

Sorry for not giving word of this mod for a while...hope you interested people are still out there. The mod is due to release in november if things keep going smoothly.maybe sooner if somebody show up to help!

Picture flood below:

UPDATE

Factions concept/preview

I have this written since the beginning of the mod.decided to post just to see if the ideas are liked:

Setting overview:
  Quinn Island and all nearby habitated lands enjoyed alomost a century of peace and prosperity, thanks to a stable government and a vaccine that practically erradicated the plague. All begins to change when the vaccine starts to loose it's effect and once again chaos breaks loose in the land. King Richmond orders the ports to be shut down and declares martial law. A great depression starts and the price of a mildly effective vaccine begin increasing drastically . Soon political conflict begins when the interests of the nobles and the rich common people start to differ (Richmond plans to sacrifice common wealth to stabilize the island). Soon a revolution begins, and the King's army is faced with a powerfull militia...The land divides itself when some of the cities and outposts declare independence. The Prisoner Colonies to the west explode in riot, and soon all convicted criminals and madmen are roaming the lands...
"And so, at the the darkest time, when reason has that men should ally to survive, brother fights against brother for godless reasons..."

The Factions:

*Quinn Army: Defenders of monarchy, the most well equipped force and very experienced.
*People's Republican Army: Not as well equipped and experienced as the King's army, but much more numerous.mostly formed of militias and armed peasants and farmers.
*Ghouls: The wretched infected.they do not pose a threat to fortified cities were vaccine is enough to avoid pandemics. peasants, farmers, refugees, villagers and travellers are the ones who frequently fall prey to these vicious creatures.
*Outlaws,Bandits and mercenaries: Since the western prisoner colonies fell, there are large numbers of outlaws, cutthroats,bandits and mercenaries roaming the land...a very unstable factor in the outcome of the war.
*"The Dark Mass" a.k.a "Satan's Children" : Nobody knows how long these people have been living in the wilderness around Faux Mountains to the south.Apparently nobody even knew of their existence until the war and depression began. These religious fanatics have been waiting quietly and secretly for their "prophecies" to come true...Now the opportunity has come for them to fullfill them.
  "They are not human my friend! I saw it with own two eyes! They will fight you till the last drop of their blood even when greatly outnumbered, and they won't leave anyone alive!In the midst of battle their women will cut the throats of the wounded laying on ground...roaming the battlefield like harpies...may God forgive these vicious monsters!
*"John's Followers" : The prisoner riots were leaded by a powerful individual who self-proclaimed himself "Prester John", who formed a powerful army... he has already taken two cities to the west and his numbers grow day by day...Neither of the sides of the civil war take him as a threat...but they should.

cheers!  :wink:

zombie picture
zombie1py9.jpg

this one looks preety by the moonlight
zombie3fd8.jpg

an infected priest
zombie2gd8.jpg

Bub, from the "Day of the Dead" movie. and no, i wont give away what will be his role in the mod.
bublz3.jpg

shoot it man!shoot it in the head!
connery3lu5.jpg

shooting down ghouls from a distance and on horseback is the ideal choice, as mister connery demonstrates one more time.
connerysg5.jpg

when the slow bastards corner you you have no chance of getting out alive
connery1ap1.jpg

who is faster? the zombie priest or sean connery index finger?
connery2ad4.jpg

more pics to come later!!

here are screens for some of the clothing i've been working on. Just some simple Post-Apocalyptic fashion, wich i myself liked very much  :cool: :

screen1sz3.jpg

screen2jf0.jpg

screen3jl6.jpg

screen4sc5.jpg

screen5sp0.jpg

screen6ij2.jpg

screen7lb9.jpg

Looks awsome, and I like how you have a good deal of it done already. Good luck with it, and if you ever need some help or a dedicated beta tester, feel free to give me a shout!

Well the texture is good but i am not fond of undead. I think that this will be a violent mod so i wont play it but you know texture. In art its good.

Haha, cant wait to brutaly murder some zombies.

Also, just a tip you migth want to use on zombies, if you want to make them walk or go slower, just give them custom equipement thats wheighs alot.

(copy and paste the armors you want them to wear, remove the merchandise tag, rename it to wheigh_shirt or something and heighten the actuall weight alot. then just give the zombies those armors :smile: )

Highelfwarrior said:
Haha, cant wait to brutaly murder some zombies.

Also, just a tip you migth want to use on zombies, if you want to make them walk or go slower, just give them custom equipement thats wheighs alot.

thanks for the tip, but yoshiboy had already given me that great sugestion, so yes, the ghouls move around preety slowly like they should ( i give them high level knight armor that they can't use :grin:)

and Highelfwarrior, i would be honored if you would happen to have the time to make one of those revolvers, i mean you are the main modelling man right?!  :wink:

EDIT:

ALSO, WOULD ANYONE HAVE PICTURES/SUGESTIONS OF WHAT CLOTHES AND ARMOUR SHOULD BE MADE? I WAS THINKING ABOUT FANCYLESS EARLY 18TH CENTURY PEASANT CLOTHING, BOTH LINEN AND LEATHER....

Heh, this reminds me of something out of the Jon Shannow books, god that would be such an awesome mod.

VALARLIGHT said:
Heh, this reminds me of something out of the Jon Shannow books, god that would be such an awesome mod.

it does rings a bell to it doesnt it? with the dark theme,war,horses and strange gunpowder firearms...but this is a mod that plays tribute to George Romero's movies, and that's it :cool:

I would get rid of all the percussion cap weapons you have in the pictures if you are shooting for the 1700's. Other than that is looks absolutly amazing.

Lanky said:
I would get rid of all the percussion cap weapons you have in the pictures if you are shooting for the 1700's. Other than that is looks absolutly amazing.

damm...you are right man, there 2 firearms there that aren't flintlock...(the revolving rifle, and the last double barel rifle), but this a alternative setting mod, so whoever model and textures those 2 weapons( a collaborator, or me, eventually) can change their design a litle bit to make the look flintlock mechanized. actually quite a few of these firearms i want are from the first half of the 19th century...but like i said, this an alternative history seting, and flintlock technology already existed.

Why not just change it and make it the 1800's instead. That way you could have pretty much all of those weapons in the game. Even the pepperbox revolver wasn't invented untill the 1830's. Especially if civilization has been destroyed, how exactly would percussion technology come in earlier than it really did? I mean, if civilization is being wiped out and the world is in chaos there really aren't going to be big undustries producing modernized, expensive weapons. Move it up to the late 19th century. You could even model some guns that don't really exist. Have things that look fantastical and like they were fashioned from spare parts by independent gunsmiths.

actually, most if not all of these guns are hand-made, artistical and artesanal.the reason i want as many guns as possible in this mod, is because i want to represent them as rare/excavenged/invented/improvised items.the more modern the setting of the mod gets, the more difficult it gets to be made, besides, percussion cap weapons would need new reloading/shooting animations and sounds.thanks for the idea but for now i got my mind made up about what i want for the mod, at least in the technological sense., but liked this sugestion of yours very much:

You could even model some guns that don't really exist. Have things that look fantastical and like they were fashioned from spare parts by independent gunsmiths.

that's exactly the point :wink: , that's what i had in mind getting these weapons that weren't invented yet.

but we can go beyond...

anyone good at design? anyone willing to draw some crazy/fantastic/destructive flintlock firearms?but anyway, i'm really happy and satisfied with the firearms planned for now you know?  :wink:

You should have someone get his hand infected, then cut it off, and them make a medieval metal hand to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom