AD1257 source

Users who are viewing this thread

othr

Master Knight
So... I disappeared for a bit!  R/L got in the way and I'm so sorry I didn't let you all know :smile:

That said, I'm going to open the source of the module in the hopes that someone takes over and continues the work!

Here is the URL where you can d/l the code: http://code.google.com/p/ad1257svn/downloads/list

sorry to hear that, btw have u heard ur 1257 AD mod beat 1200 out from the vote? and as the best single play mod 1257AD

The Top 10 SP mods as of 2011-04-01
[list type=decimal]
[*]1257 AD (13.80%)
[*]Brytenwalda (13.10%)
[*]Prophesy of Pendor (9.90%)
[*]Diplomacy (8.90%)
[*]Floris' Mod Pack (4.70%)
[*]Europe 1200 (4.20%)
[*]The Hundred Years War (3.80%)
[*]Diplomacy & Conquest (3.20%)
[*]Polished Landscapes (3.20%)
[*]Shogun Mod (3.00%)
[/list]

what if a paypal account is set up and everyone chips in and we pay u to finish the mod will u have time for it then ???

Aww, for a moment i thought othr was back.

Edit : So who is going to continue the mod publicly, othr i think you should decide who gets to continue the mod so that your team will continue developing the mod togethor with the new leader and not disband. Or leave the decision to who becomes the new leader to your team members. In any case, whoever continues this mod, you have my full moral support :grin:.

Edit 2: And please hire another moderator for this board while you are gone. Seriously, this place needs some cleaning up  :neutral:.

Actually I was about to suggest to write a mail to Othr to ask him for the source code, as it was forseeable that he won't continue. Someone taking a "creative break" stays away only a few weeks, everything which lasts longer is a final termination.

Opening the source code is nothing bad, actually. This happened with Native Expansion, too, when Merc decided that she had to concentrate more on her studies. A few fans continued her work, NE experienced a complete overhaul, was polished and added a ton of features, and now it's close to the release of the WB version.

I hope this is the way 1257ad will go, too.

Edit: is Othr's name Ralf? Well, mine is Ralph  :lol:

so whoever will took the cross and continue the work,firstly look throught the codes and find the errors that cause the mod so unstable,i think that the formations should be removed,because thats the known issue,maybe add the new from Ritter.I cant even repair my scenes in the mod because the save crash

If you think this helps I can undo formations. If this causes more crashes it certainly makes sense. So if this is wanted I'll do so although I can't say when as I am currently quite busy.

Shouldn't this approach be more organized, so that there is a new coder, or at least some people who share the workload? As soon as everybody starts changing a little bit here and there, the mod turns into a huge mess. You need a coder, who is willing to spend hours to read through the changes in this mod and then have a discussion about the bug testing and finally the direction this mod is going to take. I just looked through the scenes_txt in the source code and none of my scenes is in.

So please, use this thread to find someone, who is capable and willing to do the aforementioned tasks.

Just when i thought 1257 had fallen
Glad to see you're still breathing Othr!  :mrgreen:

Much appreciate all the work you've put into my fave mod...
That's a true show of class to release the source too
You've put an amazing amount of effort into this and have kept MB alive for me and many others im sure

Hope you can find someone worthy to pass the torch too and continue your legend
Everybody should respect if your too busy to keep this mod going

Best of luck with r/l and "othr" obligations...
Don't be a stranger  :cool:

Hey, best of luck buddy :smile:. Thanks for opening the source and not letting the mod die. And thanks again for all the time you spent making the best mod in warband to date.

Edit : And thanks for taking the time for comments in the source  :razz:.

Comments?!  What's that  :shock:

The resources you download with svn checkout...  They're also not mine to give away.

If you have any questions, and if I remember what I did..., shoot I'll try to answer the best I can.

Oh, anything that has 'rafi' near it is my modifications...  I hope I didn't leave to many 'f....ng' this and that things in there!

Back
Top Bottom