Vikingr Version 0.80 BETA - 11.04.05
- Audio values have been tweaked (longer distance on battle sounds, horse hooves louder and have gotten higher priority).
- Spears rebalanced.
- All high-tier armours have had their armour values reduced. This should make battles favour the winning team less. Some ranged weapon damage values have been reduced to compensate.
- Several maps in different gamemodes updated/tweaked.
- All doors now open from both sides for defenders in Siege gamemode.
- Some scripts optimized and improved.
- Throwing weapons have been removed for some classed to recude the total ammount of them on the battlefield. Price also increased slightly.
- Some "draw weapon" animations have had their duration tweaked.
- Health points on all horses increased by a tiny bit.
- Raid gamemode has had an overhaul. It now features 'Reinforcement waves'. Defenders must defend until time runs out! Many maps changed to fit the new features. This hasn't had much testing, some bugs and balance issues are to be expected.
- Siege: Defenders can now pick up Stones or Boulders to hurl at their enemies below for a small fee. Look for small rock piles.
- Four new Siege maps: 'Norman Keep' by Comrade Temuzu, 'Small Motte & Bailey', 'The Siege of Paris' and 'Nonnebakken'.
- Two new Battle maps: 'Romenel' by Moeckerkalfie and 'Avebury' by Harmast.
- A new CTF and Deathmatch map: 'Workshop' by Comrade Temuzu.
- Two new maps intended for Holmgang-style duels: 'Forest Holmgang' by ComingWinter and 'Coastal Holmgang'.
- All Holmgang maps now feature shield-spawning chests. These spawn three different shields each, that you can pick up and drop on the ground.
- New original main menu art by skvor.
- Three new Rus Mail Shirts. Replaces the old one.
- All factions now have two coulour variations of hoods! Some also come with helmets. Made by Mandible.
- New Woolen Cap texture by Mandible.
- New Saxon Tunic by Zimke.
- 21 new Norman Kite Shields.
- Four new painted Norman helmets - three Segmented Helmet and one Faceplate Helmet variation.
- Two new mace models by Raegenhere.
- 11 New Rus kite shields by Raegenhere.
- Three high-damage blunt sounds from the WCVShybrid sound pack.
- Four new Rus taunts voiced by Martinoff.
- New fog and snow smoke effects. The props start with a "prtsys_" prefix.
- New usable 'teleportation' door props (featured only on Norman Keep right now). Place two of the same type to make a player move from one to the other when one of them is activated. They have a "TELEPORT_" prefix.
- Several new scene backgrounds from Expanded Horizons.
- Decapitations made more dramatic - heads dropping on the ground!
Tons of other minor tweaks and fixes.
Vikingr Version 0.73 BETA - 11.03.05
- Two-handed sword wielding removed
- Swords more costly
- Rus Skullcap and Veiled helmets removed. Replaced with Plain helmets and new Rus helmet.
- Some Rus helmets retextured
- Lots of gear tweaks
- You can now taunt and blow the horn while mounted or when crouched
- Many scripts re-written and optimized and updated
- Possible fix to the 'drowning nuke' and other position-related script problems
- Some scenes improved
- One new Raid map - Ceinwyn
- Four new Motte & Bailey Seige maps
- A Leader class for the Rus has been intorduced: The Knyaz.
- The new Langseax weapon for some troops
- One new throwing axe type, new model for Francisca
- Three new Rus Tunics (couresty of kuauik)
- A new variation on the 'Plain Helmet'
- Some new Rus helmets
- Blowing the horn now gives your teammates a 5% damage boost and disables the banner boost on enemies whitin range (100m)! Lasts 20 seconds.
- More female taunts
- Ammo refilling Chests for Seige maps. Walk up to them (they have the 'chest_c' model) and hold F down while you look at them to refill your quivers or other ranged weapons. Cost is 200 silver.
- Three new win- and three new loss- tunes (end-of-round music).
Several other minor tweaks and fixes.
Vikingr Version 0.72 BETA - 11.02.11
- New animation for ovherhead stab with spears.
- Weapon stats tweaked (mostly the costs).
- Archery rebalanced (again).
- Troop limiter script re-written.
- Swords can now be wielded as two-handers. Press X to switch mode (but remember to put your shield away).
- Four new community-created scenes.
- More Shield patterns for the Vikingr.
Several other minor tweaks and fixes.
Vikingr Version 0.71 BETA - 31.01.11
- Saxon medium shields now have the proper stats
- End-round music should now play even if you are dead in the Raid gamemode as long as one team scores the full 5 points (toggle with Enter+M)
- Getting shot straight through shields should no longer happen
- Kievan Rus renamed to Rus
- Several troop classes renamed for most factions
- The Rus have had much of their equipment balanced to better match the other factions
- Troop limits for most classes have been lowered (so less cavalry, archers or elite troops availible)
- Scene: Vikingr Homeport (Raid); Moved the defenders spawn to outside the town
- Archery has had a general overhaul; More speed and damage reduction over distance - height advantage plays a bigger role
- Shield coverage has been reworked for all shields and troops
- Lots of items and gear rebalanced and tweaked
- Small changes to many of the maps
- Warcry/Taunting key can now be remapped from the options panel (uses the former "Quest window" button).
- Crouching key can now be remapped from the options panel (uses the former "Character window" button).
- Aiming reticule added back in for now due to no way of forcing it off, archers have less accuracy in the mean time.
- New Scenes for Raid:
Lindisfarne; The raid that basicly started off the Viking age, 'Lindisfarne' is based on the real topography of Lindisfarne island (also know as "Holy Island" nowadays) on the east coast of the UK. The scene has an enterable chapel and priory as well as moving longships.
Saxon Village II
- Raid; Maps with churches now feature church bells riging when the loot spawns (using the 'sound_emitter_triggered_church_bell' control prop).
- Raid; Added the 'triggered_door_h_left/right' scene props. These swing open when the loot spawns.
- Raid; On maps with Longships; The defenders are now kept from exiting their spawn area until after the attackers longships have started moving (using the 'RAID_spawn_barrier' prop).
- End-round music now plays in Battle and Seige gamemodes (toggle with Enter+M).
- Auto-slaying of players that do not get on the moving ships featured in some scenes has been implemented (using the 'AUTOSLAY_spawn_ship_sail_off', 'AUTOSLAY_spawn_ship_sail_off_b', 'AUTOSLAY_sphere' -props).
- Short Spears and Saxon Throwing Spears now availible.
- Overhead thrust attack now availible for spears; press X to toggle mode.
- Adittional Warcry/Taunt animations made by cifre added.
- More LODs added for weapons and items.
- Three new Saxon Hauberks added.
Plus a bunch more minor tweaks and fixes - including exploits, making the Vikingr module a better experience for all.
Vikingr Version 0.70 BETA - 16.01.11 (First Public Release)
Do you have any feedback? Suggestions? Want to discuss the mod?
Visit the official Vikingr sub-forum on TaleWorlds forums: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,202.0.html