[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf - Return to Castle Mengelberg - WOLVES WIN!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

WEREWOLF - RETURN TO CASTLE MENGELBERG

January 5th, 1888

As the guests handed Morgoth to Lord Adaham, their fate was sealed. Morgoth was a saboteur and had only the best in mind for the guests.

As the three remaining guests went to sleep, there was but little hope left for them. In fact, by killing Morgoth, they had given away their last chance to maybe even survive this night.

Seff was the first one to receive a visitor at night. He had locked himself up as tightly as possible, but all that didn't help against the rage of the hungry wolf.

The next morning, Vulkan and Ativan met up in silence. They looked at the chaos around each other and both realized soon that there was one more person to die before it was all over.

"So you're the remaining wolf?" Vulkan asked. Ativan nodded. "Then do what you have to do and finish this" the hero Vulkan said.

And so Ativan transformed one more time and the cries of Vulkan where the last ones to fill the dark corridors of the Castle of Horror. This time...
---------

28th of August, 2010

"And thus you are the chosen one, you are the one to bring peace and balance, to rid the earth of this evil.", the lady said.

Adam Hammer couldn´t believe what he had just heard. All he wanted was to make sense of those strange nightmares, and suddenly he hears fairy tales about Werewolves, Vampires and some strange story about an ancestor that was supposedly pacting with the devil. How could all this make sense? And as much as it stirred him at the moment, hours later when he was on his way home, he had almost forgotten this strange story already.

He had worked a late shift and went to the parking lot, when suddenly he heard some strange noises coming from around the corner. At first unsure, curiosity won over fear and he went to take a closer look. Suddenly he saw two glowing eyes in the dark that were supported by violent growling. Before he could react, the figure lept out of the dark, jumped at him and before he could turn around, Adam Hammer was pinned to the ground by a beast that looked like a wolf, but bigger, almost man-like. Adam thought that he would be torn to pieces in no time, but instead the wolf started talking:

"Listen carefully. Our time has come and nothing, not even you, will stop us. So don´t you even think about getting close to the castle, or I´ll make personally sure that you´ll spend the rest of your short life in hellish agony."

Adam was flabbergasted. Still stunned by fear, he didn´t react at first, but then suddenly there was somebody calling from the parking lot. The wolf took notice and quickly whispered into Adams ear:

"...with regards from Ativan the Great..."

and disappeared as quickly as he had appeared.

When Adam rose back to his feet, he couldn´t believe what had happened, but days later he would understand.

---

December 31st, 2010

Castle Mengelberg fell in disrepair after the bloodbath in the first days of 1888. Local rumors had it that the castle was cursed. In the 20´s there was a short period in which it was used as a mental asylum, but one day a violent outbreak amongst the patients lead to the death of 8 people and it was shut down again. Other rumors say that the Secret Service used the castle as a biogenetical experimental institution, but officials always denied. In the 50´s and 60´s it turned into a touristic attraction, until a series of strange murders at a nearby hotel, "Castle Inn", lead to a touristic breakdown. Since then it has been deteriorating.

The events of 1887 where not a coincidence. A certain stellar constellation, called "Centriduum", occured just at new years eve. This special constellation is said to unleash the powers of evil and open the gates of hell in certain places. Castle Mengelberg is one such place. The constellation is rare, it only appears once every 123 years. And today, the gates of hell shall open again at the Castle of Horror.

Adam Hammer has by now accepted his fate, that he is the chosen one, that he has to face the evil caused by his Great-Grandfather. And even if he is the chosen one, he is not foolish enough to face the armies of darkness by himself. He hired a group of 22 helpers to form a diverse expedition that shall challenge the forces of evil. From all countries and regions has he picked the most experienced to help him in his quest.

The expedition arrives at the gate of the castle in the late afternoon. Everything seems quiet so far and some mercenaries are secretly smirking at the thought of easy money. While the pathway leading to the gate has greatly deteriorated, the gate itself is still intact. To their surprise, they find the gate open. When they enter the courtyard, the gate suddenly slams shut and locks itself as if by magic.

While anxiety and confusion grabs hold off the expedition, suddenly a booming voice is heard through the courtyard:

"You come looking for the forces of darkness, but in vain. Look for the evil within, it is you that has brought evil to this place."

And with a sinister laughter the voice faded away.

This caused even more panic amongst the expedition. Adam Hammer tried to calm the group, mostly reminding them of the fact that he was the chosen one and so they had nothing to fear. This measure had only limited success. The group finally calmed down after they thoroughly searched the castle for any gate to hell, but couldn´t find one. It had turned dark by now and the group had found that there were plenty of bedrooms in a usable state. They decided to have an early night and decide on further actions in the light of the morning.

When they woke in the morning, they found the remnants of Rathyr in the middle of the courtyard.

"Rathyr dead? Looks like we´ve got Werewolves..." Adam Hammer concluded and everybody agreed.

"Time for discussion. There is evil amongst us, and only we can do something about it. I expect everyone to do their best to root out the scum that is plaguing us, this castle and this world. Let´s get rid of it once and for all! TO DEATH!!!"

Of course everybody cheered along, even though quite some people were starting to get a bit annoyed by this whole chosen one thing. So they decided indeed that it was best to start talking.

And thus they had returned to Castle Mengelberg...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND HERE ARE THE PLAYERSS:

The winners: Team WOLF:

3. Overlord Bulle - Werewolf 3
7. Dodes - Sergeant of Ativan the Great
15. SootShade - Ativan the Great
19. AWdeV John7 Catholic - Werewolf 1

----------------------------------------

Casualties

Night 0

Rathyr (innocent) - died because he didn´t sign-up

Day 1 / Night 1

Eino (real chosen one) - crucified to fulfill the scriptures

Deserath (Ninja) - went heads up with a crossbow-bolt whilst sneaking around
Calodine (innocent) - eaten by a ginormous Werewolf
FrisianDude (Werewolf 2) - got owned by a silver knife when trying to munch somebody

Day 2 / Night 2

Vieira151 (Velmudil) - Et tu, Facey?
Facemelter (Hunter turned minion turned Judas Ischariot) - committed suicide at sundown after his betrayal.

Kronic (coward) - He who is lead by fear, will find a gruel demise. In Kronics case that means an overdosis of medicine.
MaHuD (McGyver) - outtricked and devoured by a megalogigantogargantuan Werewolf
Snoopy-91 (innocent) - munched by a group of wolves

Day 3 / Night 3

Mr. X (Master Debater) - killed by the pack
Grumph (Pirate) - killed by Ativan the Great
Tuckles (Bear Grylls) - was overdosed by some paramedics gone paramad

Day 4 / Night 4

ComingWinter (innocent) - Came, saw and hung...

Morning Day 5

Orj (The doctor) - Aperitif
Revilo (The nurse) - Main course
Vilhjalmr (innocent) - Dessert
Xardob (Lord Adaham) - 4 wolves was 1 too many one day too early

------------

And the rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
  • You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  • There is no editing or removing of your posts. Please use the preview feature before you post.
  • There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
  • If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline.  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. 
  • In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase.  Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  • As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
  • All days take as long as the amount of players alive. Meaning that the first day will take 21 days. Nights have a strict 4 day time-limit

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
  • A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
  • Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Vote:  Player).
  • Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Unvote: Player or Unvote).  Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  • You may Vote:  No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  • Votes/Unvotes that are bolded correctly and are unambiguous (with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations) will count.
  • If no one has reached a majority of votes at deadline, a No Lynch will occur.
  • Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
  • Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may continue to post.
  • Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
  • Votecounts will be posted once per page or once per day, whichever is less.
  • If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  • The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  • Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
  • Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.  Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night.
  • Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.
  • If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

With regards to Ejnomad for this nice list of rules. Even if you have played before, please read the rules again, as they are slightly different (specifically regarding the length of days).

DEADLINE FOR DAY 1 IS FRIDAY THE 22ND OF APRIL, APPROX. 4AM CET.

DEADLINE FOR NIGHT 1 IS TUESDAY THE 26TH OF APRIL, 10:00 AM CET.

DEADLINE FOR DAY 2 IS FRIDAY THE 13TH OF MAY, 2:00 PM CEST.

DEADLINE FOR NIGHT 2 IS TUESDAY THE 10TH OF MAY, 10:00 PM CEST.

DEADLINE FOR DAY 3 IS MONDAY THE 23RD OF MAY, 2:00 PM CEST.

DEADLINE FOR NIGHT 3 IS FRIDAY THE 27TH OF MAY, 5:00 PM CEST.

DEADLINE FOR DAY 4 IS WEDNESDAY THE 8TH OF JUNE, 1:00 PM CEST.

DEADLINE FOR NIGHT 4 IS SUNDAY THE 12TH OF JUNE, 2:30 PM CEST.

Just keep it mind that I have a zero tolerance policy towards extending deadlines. Don´t wait till the last moment with voting, if I´m in the wrong mood I´ll close it a couple of hours before the deadline. Keep in mind that as long as you have a good discussion going, there´s nothing wrong with having a consensus a couple of days before the deadline kicks in.

Now go out and enjoy!

Sticky, please.

Before anybody thinks this has anything to do with Castle Wolfenstein, read the prequel, played here 3 1/2 years ago:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,30517.0.html

It´s not as far as considering it "lore", but if you have a basic overview of the old game, you might have a better idea of what to expect in this one.

IMPORTANT RULE UPDATE: THE GAME STARTS WITH A RANDOM VOTING PERIOD. EVERYBODIES FIRST POST MUST BE A (RANDOM) VOTE ON SOMEBODY. THIS HELPS GETTING THE GAME STARTED. SORRY, I FORGOT TO MENTION THIS, I WAS PLANNING TO DO THIS ANYWAY, JUST FORGOT. EVERYBODY EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST POST OF XARDOB AND TIBERIUS MUST FROM NOW ON PLACE A RANDOM VOTE. THANKS

Hey, I helped Ativan get to this point, why I'm not mentioned? There's no appreciation for noble sacrifices anymore.

I like the rule for the length of the day, should help with moving the game forward at the end.

Xardob said:
Hey, I helped Ativan get to this point, why I'm not mentioned? There's no appreciation for noble sacrifices anymore.
As good as your performance was, but you died and Ativan survived. On top of that, Ativan is not playing in this one, but you are.  :!:

:razz:

Hullo, fellow easily-panicked mercenaries.

Yeah, game days need limits. Reasonable ones, of course. Three weeks should be good. Two always felt a little short to me.

I only posted four seconds after your edit! Bah. You're a harsh master, Adaham.

Fine. Vote: Xardob. Because you know I love you.

Not harsh, caring. I didn´t expect you to look up again as you had just finished your post. As such I thought such a reminder would be the least I could do to compensate for my mishap.  :wink:

Alright, I forgive you.

Also, I'm not sure if that "I love you" was addressed to Adaham or Xardob. Maybe both.

Damnit Orj. I was about to vote you for breaking the rules already. Now it'll just look like OMGUS.  :razz:

Well, Vote TDM, instead. Him being the first to post is a clear indication that he's too eager to play, which is usually a clear sign of wolfish behaviour.

As far as the other game goes, we had a pack of wolves and pack of vampires. If I'm not mistaken, the vamps worked in the same way the wolves did. So we should expect at least two packs of baddies this time, maybe with three members each, but that's too early to tell. And don't ask me what Adaham's assistant did, I don't think I ever found that out.

Alright first time playing  :smile: , random vote eh? Vote: Orj, because he's posted the most so far

Vote Count - Day 1 - 21 alive - 11 to lynch

Xardob: 1 (Orj)
Tiberius Decimus Maximus: 1 (Xardob)
Orj: 1 (Dodes)

Not voting: Everybody else

Don´t forget to vote!

---
Orj said:
Also, I'm not sure if that "I love you" was addressed to Adaham or Xardob. Maybe both.
Yeah, we love you, too, Orj...
Xardob said:
As far as the other game goes, we had a pack of wolves and pack of vampires. If I'm not mistaken, the vamps worked in the same way the wolves did. So we should expect at least two packs of baddies this time, maybe with three members each, but that's too early to tell. And don't ask me what Adaham's assistant did, I don't think I ever found that out.
In the old game it was like this:
Wolves=munch
Vampires=multiply
AA=didn´t really happen because first tarrant got banned and once he came back he got lynched. But he was a bulletproof for night attacks and had one kill a night. He´d win as a sole survivor. Only way to kill him was majority vote, and that´s what happened on day 2.
Anyhow, that was the old game. It´d be boring to do the same thing again, but it has evolved.

Xardob said:
Damnit Orj. I was about to vote you for breaking the rules already. Now it'll just look like OMGUS.  :razz:
Nyah nyah. :razz:

So we should expect one in four players or so to be villains?

I should probably warn you all that I'm currently working on a full business plan for my economics class. It's due in the middle of next week, so I may be a quieter than usual from Sunday to Tuesday.

Random doesn't mean reasonless, or it defeats the very purpose of voting. Actually, using the rules as an excuse is just a convenient way to hide furs and fangs.

No, I don't think he is. Two groundless votes are meaningless; a seasoned player such as Xardob is hardly going to start panicking and reacting to so little. :razz:

Captain on deck, ye bunch of scallywags!

Grumph signing in.

Vote: Facemelter, because you are to blame for me losing the other WW game.

Back
Top Bottom