[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf - Castle of horror - Ativan, the last wolf, wins

Users who are viewing this thread

• READ THE RULES, THEY'RE DIFFERENT. EVERYBODY, ALSO THE VETERANS.

WEREWOLF
    The Castle of Horror

Castle Mengelberg, Cornwall, December 1887

The nights had increasingly shortened over the last weeks and darkness was accompanied by stormy weather coming from the Atlantic ocean. It was not a pleasant time and place to be outside. Castle Mengelberg was in possession of the Lords of Adamant for centuries, their glorious days are clearly past. The families power had shrunk in cause of the Industrialization and the current Lord, being the last in the blood-line, has fled the public world increasingly, locking himself up in his castle and experimenting until the early morning hours. There are tales of supernatural encounters within the family history, but most of it is idle farmers talk.

Lord Adaham was sitting at the table of his study room and writing a letter. Darkness had fallen hours ago and it had been raining for two days already. Every now and then Lord Adahams assistant would add wood to the fireplace. The flames clad the room with a weak flickering light, emphasizing especially the long deep-red curtains.

"Lady and Gentlemen,

Let me introduce myself to you first. I am Lord Adaham and reside at Castle Mengelberg. The political influence of our family has faded, but my position as lord of this castle has nevertheless enabled me to pursue my studies of the supernatural - which always interested me - over the last couple of years. As for the reason of my writing to you, I'd like to state that I regard you all as authorities on matters of the supernatural and therefore would like to announce that I made some ground-breaking discoveries that I would like to share with you. I invite you to join me at Castle Mengelberg on the last day of the year for a banquet consisting of the finest delicacies of food from all over the world. The same night, at the beginning of a new year, I shall like to share my insights with you and hope for an interesting discussion. A new year that could be full of new possibilities.

I remain your humble servant,

Lord Adaham, son of Adamund"

When the Lord finished writing the letter, he handed it to his assistant and said:

"Take this letter to the 18 chosen ones."
    "Yes, my lord. But what if some of them refuse to come?", asked the assistant.
    "Don't you worry about this, I'm sure their ambitiousness surpasses their fear by a long way. That's why I chose them. Now make haste."

---

31st of December

"Have the guests arrived already?", asked the Lord. "Yes, my lord, they're all waiting in the Salon, waiting for Dinner to start."
    "I guess they'll be less enthusiastic about the Dinner if they hear what's on the menu."
    ---
    "What was that?", asked Vulkan,"did you hear that?"
    "Hear what?", grunted Whoopin. "That noise. I just thought I heard somebody laughing, but I'm telling you, I've never heard such an evil thing befo..."
    "Ah, shut up, there was nothing, you're just pissing your pants." Whoopin had decided to end the conversation.

The guests were waiting in the Salon. A few people were talking, but most guests eyed each other suspiciously, knowing neither who they were, nor why they were there. Everybody felt slightly tensed about what would happen that evening, when suddenly the great door to the Dining Hall swung open and Lord Adaham stepped forward to greet them.

"Once more welcome in my castle. I'm glad you all made it here. Have a seat and be my guests, if you have any wishes, don't hesitate to ask me."
    While some people started moving towards the richly decorated dinner table, Xardob refused to move and focused the Lord instead. "Why did you bring us here?", he called out. That moment everybody froze. It was the question they all asked themselves, but only Xardob dared to ask straight away.

Lord Adaham showed but little reaction. He slowly turned towards Xardob, looked at him with a weak smile and replied:
    "Well, well, well. Someone's in a hurry. So be it, let's cut out the etiquette. You're all here for a special purpose. All of you possess powers that I need to eliminate or gain for myself to restore the power of my family. So called "modern" society has destroyed everything that was once good, but I shall bring back the days of old. There are supernatural creatures amongst you and those who might be able to fight them as well. By putting the eternal struggle of good and evil amidst you, I will see the power in some of you grow stronger. Finally, I'll challenge who is left to..."
    "You're crazy", shouted Vilhjalmir, interrupting the speach of the Lord. "Not so much crazy, it's actually calculative. I have my reasons and you shall only know so much, as that you're locked in this castle and every night people will die. It is up to you to figure out what's behind it."
    Having said that, the same dark laughter that Vulkan heard before, sounded again, but this time it was loud and booming, shaking the chandeliers and pictures on the walls. The guests hid in corners or tried to flee the room, faintly seeing Lord Adaham disappearing in front of their eyes, retreating to his room.

And thus the game began...

Here's the new and the most important old rules:

• Revelations will be punished by penalty of death the night after their revelation. Lord Adaham has his means. Though a revelation might be still considered if the situation enforces it. Forced revelation (however they could happen) are not object to this rule. Additionally, revelation of information other than the role will be punished as well, except if it is put to direct use. If you're in the situation, you'll know. If you don't, PM me.
    • Voting. Every day up to 3 vote counts (morning, afternoon, evening) can be enforced by the Narrator. At that time, everybody has to put up a vote. If no majority is reached beforehand, the 3rd vote count counts and the person with the most votes at that vote count will be lynched.
    • PMing. People with roles they share with others (e.g. packs) are allowed to PM each other AT NIGHT, not in day time. Other players are not allowed to PM each other about the game at all, nor discuss it in other threads.
    • So this time all roles are hidden at the beginning. Obviously it's still good against bad, so you can definitely do something on day 1. Other Information will fill in later caused by the results of the night.
    • And just in case, the basics: There are bad guys, good guys and good guys with special abilities. All of them talk in day time of who to lynch. When a majority is reached, that person is being lynched. Then night starts. Good guys sleep, bad guys eat and good guys with special abilities try to do something about it. Bad guys and good guys with special abilities send me their choices at night. When I have all the choices, I write up another story. Usually that will include a couple of dead people. And so the next day starts. Good guys only vote for lynches, unless I tell them differently. Good guys with special abilities do the same, except for the things I told them when handing out the roles. Bad guys also vote and send me their choices at night. Don't reveal your role unless you really think it's worth it, cause you'll die next night. Being a martyr is nice, but it should be worth it.
    • NO EDITING OF POSTS
    • Goals:
      Good guys - kill all the bad guys
      Bad guys - As soon as the amount of bad guys equals or surpasses the good guys, the bad guys with the biggest group win.
    Sorry if the rules are a bit unromantic, but I just want to make it as idiot-proof as possible.

If I forgot something important, I'll add it later. If you feel I forgot something basic ithat's mportant, let me know and I'll add it a.s.a.p., just to avoid unwished for confusion.

And here are the players:

Ativan - Werewolf - (Last wolf standing, wins the game as a sole survivor and manages to escape the castle)

Dead:
    Naridill - Vampire (stabbed to death by Whoopin on day 1)
    Yeyinde - Innocent (tortured to the death by Lord Adaham after majority vote on day 1)
    TSN - Doctor (sucked to death by Velmu during night 1)
    Hitler - The doctors assistant (shot in the back with a crossbow on night 1)
    EasyCo - Pure soul (had bad luck and was teared apart by Werewolves in the first night)
    Velmu - Vampire (overdosed by the doctor and his assistant on night 1)
    Tarrant - Lord Adahams assistant (expelled from the group by majority vote on day 2 and send straight to Judecca by his master)
    Lamjoe - Innocent (shredded to pieces by 2 Werewolves during night 2)
    Redcoat-Mic - Innocent (decapitated with an axe during night 2)
    Silver - Sibling (shot in the back with a crossbow during night 2)
    Whoopin - Hunter (commited suicide by bull****ting too much on day 3)
    Bulle - Sibling (eaten by three wolves during night 3)
    Dryvus - Werewolf (beheaded by Vilhjalmr during night 3)
    Vilhjalmr - Ally that turned into a hunter (punished severly by Lord Adaham for constant hints towards his role during night 3)
    Xardob - Werewolf (killed by an angry mob while drinking his breakfast coffee on day 4)
    Trooper - replaced by TSN - Oracle/Psychic (munched by an angry wolf on night 4)
    Morgoth - Saboteur (couldn't convince the remaining villagers and lynched by majority vote on day 5)
    Seff - Coward (munched by the last wolf during night 5)
    Vulkan - Hero (overwhelmed by the last wolf at the dawning of day 6)

Eh, sorry, no fancy Vote Counts and clickable player profiles yet. I'm not good at this stuff and it's kind of late. Maybe another time. Enjoy the game!

Oh, I forgot one important rule:

NO EDITING OF YOUR POSTS!!!

In the meanwhile, it seems that Tarrant managed to get himself banned. Great. I'll think about that tomorrow, now it's too late.

Very nice intro and very nice rules.

Not sure what else to say yet, but I am really looking forward to seeing how this new game style works out.

Odd about tarrant. I would not expect him to get himself banned.

Yeah, I was kinda' suprised about him being banned. It was just a little smiley.

Anyway, let's get this ball rolling! I'll take a stressvote on... Easy!

Vote: Easy

Thanks for letting me play. I had lots of fun last game with both my roles, and expect I will again.

To start the day off, I will vote:Lamjoe.

His entrance seems a bit off to me. I would sort of expect the...eh, villains, to come off with a kind of nonentrance entrance like that. Of course the other ones so far were not much better, but we have to start somewhere.

Voting for someone who hasn't even posted yet? Rather odd.

It makes me suspect there is some connection between you two and you are already trying to distance yourself.

vote:Bulle

That's not a pressure vote, in case you were wondering.

Villains is indeed a much better word than bad guys. Guess inspiration left me at some point. Will change that in the future.

Vote Count

Easy: 1 (Bulle)
Lamjoe: 1 (Hitler)
Bulle: 1 (TSN)

HitlerClone27 said:
His entrance seems a bit off to me. I would sort of expect the...eh, villains, to come off with a kind of nonentrance entrance like that. Of course the other ones so far were not much better, but we have to start somewhere.

The only difference between my enterance and yours is you voted. Actually im just glad your starting this game off like you did the last one.

Lamjoe said:
HitlerClone27 said:

The only difference between my enterance and yours is you voted. Actually im just glad your starting this game off like you did the last one.

A vote, for a reason, is a lot of activity. Much more than you did.

Your post screamed to me "Hmm, what's the exact minimum I can say as an intro posts to not be seen as a lurker, and yet not give anything away? Better keep it as short as possible." You may as well have said something like "Hi guys, I'm Lamjoe. I'll be eating you later tonight."

Seems to me maybe you were trying to skate in under the radar, and if so then you have failed.

Wow, the fun has already started?. Nice setting by the way.

If I voted for you, would it be a proper entrance HitlerClone? Putting up some pressure may not be a bad idea to observe how the suspect reacts but I think there are many players that haven't even shown up. After all, putting blame on each other without proper reasoning would only favor the villains.

I aint afraid of no wussy werewolves, and that Adaham guy cant keep me locked in here with you weirdos.

Vote: Naridill

Hes going down.

So we should wait til everyone says something and then say "By Jove, I think I'll put a pressure vote on someone at random. Mind you it doesn't mean anything."

Announcing a pressure vote relieves any potential pressure. Announcing a pressure vote someone who has not even come forward is simply ridiculous. Bulle was a terrible wolf last game, and it seems she is making a terrible villain this game, as well.

I know you addressed this to Hitler, but I think it's important enough that it's worth my time to comment on it.

Just don't fall into the trap that because someone is playing grand high inquisitor they have the village's interest at heart. Villains need to look busy, and there is a chance that someone will break under pressure. Thankfully the usual suspects to completely cave to pressure are largely absent this game, but it is something to keep in mind.

Nope, that was not my point. I'm perfectly okay with a pressure vote, so this day one, what we will do? We will probably blindly vote for someone in random and hope that the night will give us clues. In fact, I already said that putting up pressure was a good idea, so we agree on that point. However, what I mean by proper reasoning is not saying "you didn't vote, so you are wolf", maybe I should have emphasized that part.

Anyway, maybe it is just me that I find this kind of logic... improper. Having skimmed through the previous game, I see that this may be due to my inexperience in this game.

I never said not voting makes you a villain. I just find lamjoe's entrance to be a little iffy. We don't have much to go on for now, but at least it's something to start the ball rolling.

Your reaction actually makes me think you are likely innocent. So even if nothing else comes of my vote, it may have provided some useful information.

I will stick my vote here for now, and go to bed.

Aww, he skipped Christmas in his narration :cry: I was so looking forward to seeing Santa, but I guess a mad lord with his wolf crew isn't too bad either.

The start of this game looks good so far. Hitler is putting effort in it, as always. TSN picks Bulle's vote on blank, which something I might in Bulle's case even consider as a wolfish sign.
Well, it seems Nar got hit by the Whoopin train. Shame, I was hoping we'd had seen great things from you. Maybe next time :wink:

For now, I'm siding with Bryce here and vote for Bulle. It's not the first time people think "Easy is easy".

Vote: Bulle

Whoopin made a same kind of move too, but it's uncompareable to this.

Well, I'm just voting at random here, because I haven't got much experience, and there isn't a lot of clues yet , so, since I have to vote, I'll just go with the majority.

Yeyinde said:
Well, I'm just voting at random here, because I haven't got much experience, and there isn't a lot of clues yet , so, since I have to vote, I'll just go with the majority.

You don't have to vote right now, and going for the majority for just going for the majority itself is never a good call.

Back
Top Bottom