Nordous' Sceners Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

Two questions, if anyone can help:

1)How can I add more maps to Custom Battles. Specifically, do Multiplayer user maps(not sieges and the likes, of course, just battlefields) can be added to Custom Battles and how?

2)How can I edit the Single Player battlefield scenes? I am not talking about big editing, just a buildng or sth and inrease the battlefield proportions for larger scenes. Kinda like Blood and Steel mod did, if you know.

Thanks in advance!

Jaakko said:
Small courtyard.
6SbMzWp.jpg

Dem Props, Dem bumps, Dem Textures |OMG OMG OMG :cry:

Antonis said:
Two questions, if anyone can help:

1)How can I add more maps to Custom Battles. Specifically, do Multiplayer user maps(not sieges and the likes, of course, just battlefields) can be added to Custom Battles and how?

2)How can I edit the Single Player battlefield scenes? I am not talking about big editing, just a buildng or sth and inrease the battlefield proportions for larger scenes. Kinda like Blood and Steel mod did, if you know.

Thanks in advance!

1. Look at module_constants and you'll see a quick_battles_begin/end somewhere. Add scenes, then edit those constants accordingly
To prevent the icons for those scenes from bugging out, find the icons for quick_battles (can't remember the name, but they're simple enough to find in moduke_meshes) and add more. There's a constant for that too.

2. Go to module_scripts and search for scene_to_use. There's a script that picks scenes based on terrain (thank the Lord it's not hardcoded) and it's really easy to set up a randomizer. That way you could add scenes that aren't randomly generated, and have them appear on a randomised basis.
The best thing this can be used for is forcing the player onto a group of preset scenes if they're above a certain Z coord. That way you'd prevent the silly lumpy terrain generation (to an extent, as terrain height is based off proximity to mountain tiles rather than Z coordinates, but in a logically designed map, they're often the same)
Another fun thing to do is to make some bridge scenes, and make them appear when the player is near a bridge icon. Inspired by archer.

mike56 said:
Oh gods. Please, share this textures or make something with them! Are you doing some new mod or something?

This is incredibly good looking.
The textures (for the ground anyway) only look really good because of the shader using them (I mean they are nice textures though). I believe Jaakpo is using napoleonic wars parallax mapping shaders (again for the ground)

A joust training

0Xo89.jpg
_sEEA.jpg
CPNdX.jpg

And my latest town finished (maybe)  :mrgreen:

Y8EbE.jpg
B7lxQ.jpg
SJlJU.jpg
hqaw5.jpg

Thank you for your help La Grandmaster  :smile:

I think a big crazy bump or parralax map could be distort a texture (diffuse) it's realy difficult.
i prefer a light effet  :smile:  question of taste.

ElPadrino said:
Completely reworked Bordeaux (WIP) :

zcyl.png

xjcn.png

wlp4.png

ii05.png

B-  :lol:

bpopa27 said:
Just an interrior i made with La Guerre de Cent Ans

dqmsiDU.jpg
vgR3mHB.jpg
PjWcvXr.jpg
ospxtfK.jpg
k6bF0Cb.jpg

A-
because of that khergit sofa  :lol:

El padrino shaders finished
A++ and continue the scening ! it's difficult at the beginning  !
:oops:

FantasyWarrior said:
I think a big crazy bump or parralax map could be distort a texture (diffuse) it's realy difficult.
i prefer a light effet  :smile:  question of taste.
That is essentially the function of normal and parallax mapping, to displace/distort the diffuse texture depending on light position and viewpoint. But you are very correct, strong parallax effects can have ruin textures.

Back
Top Bottom