MP Sci-Fi Star Wars: BF II - new team, new thread

What item/troop would you like to see in Bear: Force unleashed?

• IG-100 MagnaGuard (already in/no need to vote)

Votes: 45 4.8%
  • Wookie

Votes: 202 21.5%
  • Bounty Hunter (for example: Mandalorian)

Votes: 247 26.3%
  • Droideka

Votes: 204 21.7%
  • Speeder Bike

Votes: 151 16.1%
  • Weird crocodile like thing you wear on the back to prevent forces to be used near you

Votes: 89 9.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Lumos said:
Ahh, reminds me of MBII for Jedi Academy. This will be good.
Highlander, care to reveal some mechanics to us other modders? :lol:
Which one?
Urist said:
Yeah, MBII for JKA is arguebly the best Star Wars mod created so far. I hope Bear Force II steals some of their ideas.
Haven't played it. What ideas do you think of?

Highlander said:
Lumos said:
Ahh, reminds me of MBII for Jedi Academy. This will be good.
Highlander, care to reveal some mechanics to us other modders? :lol:
Which one?
Urist said:
Yeah, MBII for JKA is arguebly the best Star Wars mod created so far. I hope Bear Force II steals some of their ideas.
Haven't played it. What ideas do you think of?

Maybe there could be an authentic mode? where you play battles out just like they were in the movies, or maybe some objective based gameplay, escaping from the deathstar etc.

Longshaft said:
Maybe there could be an authentic mode? where you play battles out just like they were in the movies, or maybe some objective based gameplay, escaping from the deathstar etc.

Probably the main problem with that, even more so than Highlander having to code those new game modes, would be getting someone to model all those custom scenes, as well as all the new player and weapon models for the Galactic Civil War era if any of that content was to be included.

okiN said:
Probably the main problem with that, even more so than Highlander having to code those new game modes, would be getting someone to model all those custom scenes, as well as all the new player and weapon models for the Galactic Civil War era if any of that content was to be included.
Ye, models are a big problem. I even thought about adding those gunships, but then again I thought I don't have the time to model them.
LAATi1280.jpg
Lumos said:
Highlander said:
Which one?
I'd particularly want to see the crouching walk code and maybe the large jump (if it's not just a modified animation), but believe that many people would like to see how do the jetpacks work.
All of that is pretty simple.
Crouch walk needs a new animation. I took native's 'low_walk' and added actual y-movement to the animation itself. In addition I added the 'acf_displace_position' flag to the anim and added the same y-displacement in module_animations. Also the animation needs the flags amf_keep and acf_cyclic.
Then I only needed a trigger that (when the crouch key and the forward key are pressed) sends a request to the server, which again returns a message to all players telling them to set this animation for that agent (and another trigger to stop the animation when one of the keys is released).
Force Jump works similar, only I also added z-displacement. The game engine is a bit funny there, because normally you won't be able to lift the agent up. Only if we is in some kind of 'falling mode'. So the animation will only do what it should do, if the agent is already in the air. That's why I connected this force to the space key. Because then the agent jumps, the animation can trigger and you can make him fly as long and high as you want. I also added a trigger for the player to stop the flying.
Jetpacks work the same as Force Jump, just you are able to fly as long as you want (assuming you don't run out of gas). Jetpacks have one other difference. The player is able to get back into the flying animation at any time (so he can lift up, lose height, gain height again and so on).

Beobart said:
Perhaps you can use this.
That'll look perfect in Mount&Blade
screen1gw.jpg
ThaneWulfgharn said:
Will you ever launch the Jetpacks and Force Jump scripts as OSPs?
It's nothing people should use who don't know what they are doing, so no. Experienced modders will easily be able to implement it with the description I posted.
Romainoir said:
What kind of site is that? I'm rather against using models from random websites.

Models from Google 3D Warehouse have a special file extention(I don't remember wich) and are very hard to convert into OBJ,SMD or MD3.

Back
Top Bottom