[Faction] [Recruiting]The Knights Templar of Antioch

Users who are viewing this thread

Leif_Erikson

Regular
Also the Steam group page is here
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tKTAoA
it will be edited as I have time

Congratulations here is the new banner for the Knights Templar of Antioch.
leiferiksonrequest3.png

Miles militis Templum Antioch
Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici

ajs-knights-templar-cross-pendant-unique-w11br_120678221285.jpg

History
The year is 1307. The French King Philip IV, due to his lust for greed and gluttony, has demanded the immediate arrest of all known French Templar and their associates. His Holiness, Pope Clement, pressured and bullied by Philip, released the Pastoralis Praeeminentiae, dissolving the order for all time. All holdings of the Templar's were attacked, and most of the Order were captured and killed. However, a small band of Templar Knights from Antioch managed to escape the rabble, and made it to a ship. These are the remnants of The Order, and from this a New Order will grow.
Ranks
We are first and foremost a brotherhood of men. We refer to ourselves as brothers first, and ranks second.

Master of the Order - Leaders of a single Order Bastion. Highest given rank at this moment.

Knight of the Crown (Seneschal)-Historically the right hand man and second in charge for the local order. In our case we have such low numbers this will be entrusted to trustworthy individuals whom will be the best in everything they do and defend the lord who ever shall be it.

Knight of the Land (Turcopolier) - Knights who have proven themselves in battle. This rank is given to those who have proven themselves countless times in battle, and who The Master deems worthy to lead men. Historically one of the highest ranks achievable in a military/monastic order by a noble born male.

Knight of the Sword - The mainstay of the New Order, this rank is no longer withheld only to those of noble blood. Any man who shows himself worthy can obtain this rank.

Standard Bearer (Confanonier)- Historically was the man in charge of all the squires and of training. Here is in charge of the economy to include all engineers, doctors and serfs.

Knight Errant– Historically was the backbone of the armed forces but always small in numbers. I don’t see any reason to change this at all.

Squire – A Sergeant who has recently shown the honor and martial skills of a knight, but is in training.

Men-At-Arms - Were Better trained and usually mounted medium cavalry and even at times the body guards for the lower nobles in the Chapter. Here they will be the main guard force and shock troops.

Sergeants - A recruit that has shown signs of growth, but has not yet proven themselves ready for Knighthood.

Lay Servants- The economical backbone of the faction.

Chaplian Brothers - A new recruit to the Order.

Visitors to the Order- temporary members who wish to see how we operate (possible recruits)

Current Roster

Grand Master - Reserved
Master of the Order – Guy De Puyan
Knight of the Crown (Seneschal) – Sivart
Knight of the Land (Turcopolier) – Deo, McWilly
Knight of the Sword –Zuhl
Standard Bearer (Confanonier) – Desideratus
Knight Errant-Lordoffilters
Squire – Snipes, Wolff(Draufgänger)
Man At Arms- Stronghold
Sergeant – Jacques de Molay (NR), Oreo, Ifrit, Templar_Silver
Lay Servants – Ryol, Wolf, Gaufred de St Omar, Killfreak
Chaplian Brothers – Zhoco De Puyan, baldig, QWW, ArtofWar, Haze, DarkMinion, Tyar, Leadrin, Rebuplicas
Visitor- pb186, Kilodude
Total: 27
*All are listed in descending order of Rank.
*these are always subject to change.

Only people who can start this faction in game are those with the title of Sir, Lord, or Master

*All are listed in descending order of Rank.
*these are always subject to change.​

Currently 27 members strong

Guy De Puyan, Sivart, Deo, Desideratus, Stronghold, McWilly, Snipes, Ifrit, Jacques de Molay (NR), Oreo, Wolff(Draufgänger), Lordoffilters, Zuhl, Wolf, Ryol, Zhoco De Puyan, baldig, Gaufred_de_St_Omar, QWW, ArtofWar, Templar_Silver.

Like I stated previously, we are first and foremost a brotherhood. When speaking to any fellow Templar, you are to address them as such. You will refer to those outside of the order by their role in society. If they are performing a role that is unambiguous, the term used will be Citizen.(WILL BE REVISING THIS)

Naming convention is Honorific_Name_KTA
Honorary Title Rank
Grand_Master_Your Name Here_KTA Grand Master
Master_Your Name Here_KTA Master
Lord_Your Name Here_KTA Knight of the Crown
Lord_Your Name Here_KTA Knight of the Land
Sir_Your Name Here_KTA Knight of the Sword
Sir_Your Name Here_KTA Standard Bearer
Sir_Your Name Here_KTA Knight Errant
Esquire_Your Name Here_KTA Squire
Armsmen_Your Name Here_KTA Men-At-Arms
Armsmen_Your Name Here_KTA Sargeant-At-Arms
Brother_Your Name Here_KTA Lay Servant
Brother_Your Name Here_KTA Chaplian Brother
Brother_Your Name Here_KTAV Visitor of the Realm

*I am not in any way being sexist just too lazy to type.
Equipment

Knights of all ranks are to wear:

Heraldic mail, and your choice of weapons.

Men-At-Arms and Below are to wear:

Lay Preists & Visitors are to wear:

things to come are:
how to get promoted, a chart for what equipment each rank can use (yes you will still have choices), a more in depth history( sorry Deo its too short for me), a Faction motto or if you will a code of conduct, a wage system (still working out the finality of this), making a map of our own and either hosting it ourselves or having some one host it for us.

Servers:
EastCoast
RCC ( Not to be used unless a last resort due to a boycott to force server changes)
NA_PW_Killzone (#1 server unless I say otherwise)
RSS_MG_PW pasword is: (ask your superiors)

Teamspeak Info:
teamspeakbravo.militarygamers.com Port 9988
Rules at a Glance for the KTA to follow( different servers different rules)

Rules for admins to follow on NA_PW_Killzone
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=163470.new#new

General Rules to follow on all other Servers
No 'randoming'.
Outlaw faction members are to be killed on sight ONLY when they are wearing a hood on their head.
Do not use any game bugs, glitches, cheats, hacks to gain an advantage.
Obey the restrictions of the 'New Life Rule' (NLR)
Follow medieval social order when applicable.
Be respectful towards all players and administrators.
All roleplay is to take place in Local Chat, for example messengers and shouting.
Wars are to be declared in Local, but announced in Global using "ANNOUNCEMENT: kingdom x is at war with kingdom x" or similar
Global chat is to be used for getting admin help, getting help in general, making announcements, NOT side chatter.
Those with "Admin" in their name are not to take part in gameplay, DO NOT ATTACK THEM!
Do not try to steal an admin horse, you will regret it
Do not steal items when they are bought, that is considered hacking (because when you buy something, it is in your hand not the floor). Stealing goods is OK.

Randoming - To kill another player without giving them a chance to get out of the situation, aka 'Roleplaying'

Roleplaying - to live the life of your character the way you would if you were actually him, aka playing the role. this means you do not want to die.

New Life Rule (NLR) - This rule states that upon your character's death, he forgets everything about the past life. He does not remember relations with other players and does not know where he died. This means you CANNOT return to where you died to collect your weapons, or kill the person who killed you.
NOTE: Factions are an exception to this: you may rejoin the faction and take part in the defending siege UNTIL they take it. After your castle is taken, you are to leave the faction and/or castle.

Medieval Social Order - this means that all gameplay takes place during 1257 (unless stated differently by Vornne or Laszlo) in a location in Calradia (undefined), under a Feudalistic economic system. The Fedualism system uses a strict class setup where Kings are the highest, and Serf/slaves are the lowest. Tax is not illegal, uncommon, or wrong. It is the staple of every society.

Siege - the act of preventing supplies or reinforcements from entering a fortification with the goal of making the defenders surrender.

Raid - the act of moving into a location to make a profit or cause chaos. You may kill those who resist, and those who did not resist (aka surrender) are at the raiders' mercy.

Respect - the act of treating someone how you would like to be treated in return, for example helping them if they need help.

Items - Weapons, tools, horses.

Goods - sticks, branches, wood blocks, ore.

War - when 2 factions are in a state of hostility, they may kill each other on sight. please note that serfs are sort of protected, there's no reason to kill them.

i have some suggestions for the faction classes

"converted arab"

thay basicly the locals from the places the crusaders controled

thay will be as the regular class like the footmen and archer and so on...
but thay will have more speed maby or spasific weapons skill boost for the arab weapons and armor
allso thay can be horse archers if that can be done

If I decide to play this mod I'll join. The Knights Templar of cRPG didnt really impress me with historical accuracy though I didnt expect it to. Your ranks so far are good. :smile:

L3git Squig Herder said:
Desideratus said:
Too bad this mod is pretty **** now.
indeed

well i only partially agree with you , some things were better in 3.5 but some are better here, this is still an alpha so its still not even close to being a completed mod, but overall they are making progress

Der Einzige said:
If I decide to play this mod I'll join. The Knights Templar of cRPG didnt really impress me with historical accuracy though I didnt expect it to. Your ranks so far are good. :smile:

cRPG didnt impress me at all and neither did its groups so you are more than welcome to try this out and my faction as well.

Well, historically a sargeant ofcourse could never rank up to nobility but else than that the system of youre ranks looks very good ATM.
(Might need something as "Großkumtur" [Sry but I only know the german name^^] which is the leader of the templars in a partial section of their land.)

Sarashi said:
Well, historically a sargeant ofcourse could never rank up to nobility but else than that the system of youre ranks looks very good ATM.
(Might need something as "Großkumtur" [Sry but I only know the german name^^] which is the leader of the templars in a partial section of their land.)

That would be equivocal of the 'Master of the Order' Rank, who was the leader of each of the respective Templar bastions. Ive also seen it named 'Master and Commander'.

Suggestion: Perhaps we should add the rank of Turcopolier? Traditionally it was the third rank in command, under the Master and Seneschal. Along with being third in command, the Turcopolier had specific charge over the light cavalry and infantry in battle.

EDIT* Whoops! Did not see that Knight of The Land was Turcoplier, my bad.

Sarashi said:

Very True.

Do you mean the Seneschal?

Deofuta said:
Sarashi said:

That would be equivocal of the 'Master of the Order' Rank, who was the leader of each of the respective Templar bastions. Ive also seen it named 'Master and Commander'.

Suggestion: Perhaps we should add the rank of Turcopolier? Traditionally it was the third rank in command, under the Master and Seneschal. Along with being third in command, the Turcopolier had specific charge over the light cavalry and infantry in battle.

Turcopolier/Turcopole were bands of mounted archers (generally Armenian Christians and Christian Turks) that were employed by the Crusaders. 

EDIT: A Turcoplier in the Templars was one who commanded both the mercenary cavalry recruited by the Order in the East and the sergeant-Brothers.

Der Einzige said:
Deofuta said:
Sarashi said:

Turcopolier/Turcopole were bands of mounted archers (generally Armenian Christians and Christian Turks) that were employed by the Crusaders. 

EDIT: A Turcoplier in the Templars was one who commanded both the mercenary cavalry recruited by the Order in the East and the sergeant-Brothers.

you are partially correct it was actually all soldeirs not on horseback that the turcopleir was in command of

Leif_Erikson said:
Der Einzige said:
Deofuta said:
Sarashi said:

you are partially correct it was actually all soldeirs not on horseback that the turcopleir was in command of

You may be right but this book im reading says what I said.

Also I would like to join

Back
Top Bottom