Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santara is one of the provinces of Barclay, hence they have Imperial Reinforcements as their special trait (they call for help from the rest of the Barclay Empire).

I don't want to go categorizing the factions by a real world nation, this is Pendor, not earth. However we have drawn on Byzantine, Egyptian, Persian, Aztec, Spain, Roman Republic and Ancient Greece. Of course the technology group is high/late middles ages so many of those have equipment and armour as though they have evolved to that time period.

Very cool, very cool indeed. I thought the same that Santara would be more european-styled, but then you guys posted about their links to vanskerry raiders and i started about viking type. Now I realize that it was about anglo-saxon-goth-norman stuff. cooool.

that is good that you aren't classifying factions by real world factions too many works of fiction do that

mp84 said:
mmason94 said:
When is 4.0 expected to come out?

As the Old Blizzard or Mod saying goes "When it's done.." I can tell you defiantly not within the next 3 months, as we got lots of work ahead of us.
That is exciting. I know you said that it WON'T come out in that time, but I had been expecting a much larger time frame (1 year or more) so this is very exciting for me.

why not make a special knighthood for the asheborn....maybe Order of the Wolves!! heheh just suggesting, the main colour can be black n red.......that would be so awesome!!

ashwolves said:
why not make a special knighthood for the asheborn....maybe Order of the Wolves!! heheh just suggesting, the main colour can be black n red.......that would be so awesome!!

hmmm funny you mentioned that..... :wink:

Rewjeo said:
That is exciting. I know you said that it WON'T come out in that time, but I had been expecting a much larger time frame (1 year or more) so this is very exciting for me.

Great that your excited, but just wanna make a few things clear though to prevent any confusion. Overall, when I'm saying "not" within the next 3 months it's because we are literally into the meat of development now.. Our artists are hard at work making new items/armors for the new factions, Writers/Balance people are finalizing the troop trees of the major factions and getting implemented into the Alpha version by our Coders, and most of all new "unique" features are getting finalized as well, but overall there's still much, much work ahead of us.

You also have to remember that this is a mod after all, and a lot of have RL commitments to attend too, so when I say something like that, I'm hoping that perhaps 3 months from now we can truly judge were we are at maybe even give a better estimate to the community by then, and not that it will be out come the very next month after the initial 3 months.

So hang in there, and naturally still do keep excited! :smile:, As more previews will be coming soon enough. :smile:

regards,

MP

This is just a hopeful/suggestion type thing...but with 3.302 it is great being able to play without Load textures on demand.  Obviously the sounds going from .ogg to .wav had a hand in that but for 4.0 I hope there is a way to keep it stable and keep the files in .ogg format.  .wav files just sound so inferior. The clash of steel is more like a clash of pillows now :razz:

A terrain map peek?:razz: the usual snow, plains, forrest, desert, mountain, bridges type? nothing special?:grin:
Flandy don't worry, they are doing a whole new scenario to eliminate all the extra stuff that wasn't used, no stability problems in pop 4.

NicotiN said:
A terrain map peek?:razz: the usual snow, plains, forrest, desert, mountain, bridges type? nothing special?:grin:
Flandy don't worry, they are doing a whole new scenario to eliminate all the extra stuff that wasn't used, no stability problems in pop 4.

hmm it's funny that you talked about terrain :wink:..

The Santara scout wrapped his cloak more tightly around himself. A bitterly cold breeze caught him, one which cut most men to the bone, but the scout had grown up in this area, and the touch of the wind was to him like the caress of a beautiful woman. No, it was the sheer walls which rose now from the once serene fjord that made the hard man shiver. He remembered that last battle as though it was yesterday, the column of Mettenheim Greatswords cleaving through the Santara shield wall and then getting at the crossbowmen behind like a fox in a hen's coup. Shortly afterwards barges had sailed up the still waters, heavily laden with granite blocks from their hellish homeland. The scout had departed then to call for reinforcements as he had done numerous times before in the previous months.

Now, only a short time later the scout rode ahead of the army his Lord had raised in order to rid the shores of the invader once again and had been stunned to find this behemoth had risen so quickly. The clatter of hooves caused the scout to turn and watch the Conquistador that he served ride alongside. The grizzled veteran stared at the outpost with his usual grim demeanour, but the scout could tell that he was shaken by the structure.

"The last few weeks have cost us dearly. We fight on two fronts, and while the Mettenheim fleet is anchored off our coast we can get no troops from Barclay. Our beloved Santara is in serious trouble now." the conquistador said softly to himself. The scout heard and was surprised, the stoic warrior never let his concern show like this.

"Ride to the Grand Duke and inform him that Mettenheim have their beachhead. We will need far more men than we have now to take it from them. Ride quickly!" the Conquistador commanded, snapping himself out of his worries. The scout gave him a quick salute and guided his horse away and up the fjord's scree slope.

The Conquistador remained where he was, gazing with undisguised hatred at the stone walls, before following slowly after the scout himself.

The Mettenheim Outpost
The war between Barclay and Mettenheim rages on, but Mettenheim find themselves stronger than ever thanks to their near invincible fleet. The new trade contracts with Pendor, have effectively ended the famine which threatened their very existence. His people now secure in their future, the Count set his gaze firmly on expansion, and found his gaze drawn to Amala by his ambassadors in Pendor, who had told him of a terrible war being fought there. Owing the Monarch of Pendor much, the Count had immediately committed his own forces against the Snake Cult, the Forlorn Hope now fighting side by side with the Royal Veccavia army, and the vanguard from Pendor.

However, Barclay has a province on the very fringe of Snake Cult influence which provided simply too big an opportunity to pass up. The Count ordered an expeditionary army to the Grand Duchy of Santara, with orders to liberate them from the corruption of the Cult. Everyone however knows that this is simply a cover for the true intention of Mettenheim, the annexation of the province away from Barclay and into the growing territory of Mettenheim.

The war has come to a standstill, the rough terrain of the Santara fjords helping the defenders in thwarting every attempt to land a major army, however should enough Santara castles and towns fall to the onslaught of other enemies, they would be forced to move their garrison from that region and Mettenheim could at last land and establish a beachhead from which to conduct further attacks.

Eisenstein – The Plans
The chief architect has already drawn up plans for the first outpost to be built, and it has been dubbed “Eisenstein”.
mett4a.jpg
met2m.jpg

met3e.jpg
met1w.jpg

Several personnel would also be standing by in Eisenstein: (names subject to change)
  • Baumbard - A Mettenheim merchant prince, eager to sell the many items found on his merchant adventures. (Mettenheim, Veccavia, Noldor and Pendor items for sale)
  • Mordfurcht - The commander of the Forlorn Hope in Amala, a distant cousin of Frederick, sent to oversee the training and deployment of the armies of the Count.
  • Mikhail - If the party has a certain eccentric inventor with them, then Mikhail will be able to help finance some experimental weaponry.

And so if this beachhead is ever established, one can only wonder how far Mettenheim's power will spread across Amala, so only time will tell if this will ever be the case.

mp84 said:
Great that your excited, but just wanna make a few things clear though to prevent any confusion. Overall, when I'm saying "not" within the next 3 months it's because we are literally into the meat of development now.. Our artists are hard at work making new items/armors for the new factions, Writers/Balance people are finalizing the troop trees of the major factions and getting implemented into the Alpha version by our Coders, and most of all new "unique" features are getting finalized as well, but overall there's still much, much work ahead of us.

MP
This is good to know. Keep up the good work and best of luck to the team :smile:

skitarii said:
Experimental weaponry?  EXPERIMENTAL WEAPONRY.  :twisted:

Do they go BOOM!?

I wondered if anyone would pick up on that. MP stated the answer in a very satisfactory manner, which I shall now mimic;

:wink:

mp84 said:
Our artists are hard at work making new items/armors for the new factions, Writers/Balance people are finalizing the troop trees of the major factions and getting implemented into the Alpha version by our Coders, and most of all new "unique" features are getting finalized as well, but overall there's still much, much work ahead of us.

That is the design is being finalised, NOT the code. So let me reiterate, there is an awful lot still to go, but we are going full steam ahead.

M0rdred said:
skitarii said:
Experimental weaponry?  EXPERIMENTAL WEAPONRY.  :twisted:

Do they go BOOM!?

I wondered if anyone would pick up on that. MP stated the answer in a very satisfactory manner, which I shall now mimic;

:wink:

mp84 said:
Our artists are hard at work making new items/armors for the new factions, Writers/Balance people are finalizing the troop trees of the major factions and getting implemented into the Alpha version by our Coders, and most of all new "unique" features are getting finalized as well, but overall there's still much, much work ahead of us.

That is the design is being finalised, NOT the code. So let me reiterate, there is an awful lot still to go, but we are going full steam ahead.

so what your saying is , what, 3 weeks or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom