Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Castle control needs to be dis-associated with faction creation/destruction- it means if you get on and one person has "won," then they'll just **** up anyone taking a new castle as they can't possibly be as prepared as they are.

Azrayel said:
Please revert the chat colors; things are ungodly spammy now. Also it creates lotsah confusion.

Preferrably also the hotkeys.
The T key is the easiest to use and you should try to promote local chat, not global

I'm starting to love RCC admins.
White castle was captured by blue faction, so white faction hired us to clean the castle, so they can capture it back. And when only one of us take care of whole faction Attile stopped us and kept telling us that we breaking the rules, we killing just spawned serves (which has a wooden shield so how we could recognize them) and more. By the way when I asked something Attile he never respond and just told me to shut up. After update Green faction (where was Attila) attacked our blue castle (Calling it "honourable battle" when we had just few serves and engineer in faction) captured our castle, and when i died, green faction attacked me and then killed me, so i asked Attila if he will do something cause men from his faction killed innocent serf. His respond I didn't do that. (Was i really talking about him?) Im very glad that admins really care about players and stop every player who is violating the admin rules.  :smile:
By the way, nice capture after that. It had to be hard capture castle defended by 2 members of faction and 2 mercs, with your army of 21 players in faction. You've earned that victory.  :grin:

Speedyck said:
I'm starting to love RCC admins.
White castle was captured by blue faction, so white faction hired us to clean the castle, so they can capture it back. And when only one of us take care of whole faction Attile stopped us and kept telling us that we breaking the rules, we killing just spawned serves (which has a wooden shield so how we could recognize them) and more. By the way when I asked something Attile he never respond and just told me to shut up. After update Green faction (where was Attila) attacked our blue castle (Calling it "honourable battle" when we had just few serves and engineer in faction) captured our castle, and when i died, green faction attacked me and then killed me, so i asked Attila if he will do something cause men from his faction killed innocent serf. His respond I didn't do that. (Was i really talking about him?) Im very glad that admins really care about players and stop every player who is violating the admin rules.  :smile:
By the way, nice capture after that. It had to be hard capture castle defended by 2 members of faction and 2 mercs, with your army of 21 players in faction. You've earned that victory.  :grin:

Jark...

Plus, i never saw him responding to the supermassive randoming complaints I discovered when I came on. I ended up admining the server.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Plus, i never saw him responding to the supermassive randoming complaints I discovered when I came on. I ended up admining the server.

That is because, quote: "The rules have changed" //Splintert

I saw him tell a guy to stop randoming once, and then it sounded more like a plead than a warning. The admins used to rule Pwmod with iron fist, for the better, but now they are sounding like frightned little kids whenever telling a randomer to stop, no offense.

Old warning: "[Insert name in caps] EXPLAIN THAT KILL, NOW!" (3 warnings then kick)

New warning: "[Insert name] Please stop killing serfs without reason." (No more warnings. Not even a double check if the person read it)

Also, the constant spamming of OOC and russian (which i still don't understand why you accept) doesn't really help admins sort out the mess either, even if they wanted to.

Edit: I'm not blaming you pilgrim, i know you are a good admin. I have to say that i am dissapointed in Splintert though. I remember him being a good admin but now... i don't know.

Aethelbert said:
Outlaws should be kos in my opinion.

Outlaws can't kos, but they do.
In other terms : if you play Outlaws, don't hesitate to kos, 60% outlaws kos, so that's not really admirable to do that, but Brigands aren't really admirable too.

This new patch had really balanced the economic system ! Now factions enter in war more than before ! Competitivity is coming !
For Doctor : I am really happy about that ! Now you don't spend 6hours for be able to heal someone !
I think the poison dagger is too fast to kill ! Why not be x2.5 more to the time before die, someone today asked me to heal him of poison ( I am Doctor Satan ) but I haven't time to heal him, he died too fast !

Azrayel said:
"The Rules Have Changed" means "I'm far more interested with denying any other faction a castle to give half a ****."

if you knew how to play than you wouldn't have to use personal insults. you can become a mercenary for each of the factions, the training posts are spread throughout the map.

Splintert said:
the ability for factions to officially go to war via a leader's command
It was always in the plan.
Splintert said:
the ability for admins to reset gates?
Why? You should protect them, or take the time and resources to repair them. The only reason I allowed admins to reset sunken ships was that it's much simpler to implement right now than some form of ship building or automatic respawning, and that the admins using it would be less likely to sneakily abuse it for their faction. Why do you ask this, by the way? Is the wooden (blue) castle less attractive than the others since the gates are hard to be kept repaired?
HitoKiri said:
I think the poison dagger is too fast to kill ! Why not be x2.5 more to the time before die, someone today asked me to heal him of poison ( I am Doctor Satan ) but I haven't time to heal him, he died too fast !
I can probably do something like that, but I'll think about and test it first - if I make it too long, players might be likely to die of other causes first, making the poison less useful. Currently the healing from poison system works so that you have to use 1 herb for every poisoned dagger stab - if four assassins stab the same target he will die very quickly, and need four herbs to be healed.

Jark was at it again with his crew of tards  :wink:

Anyways, Suggestion from a Doctor's point of view..
Slightly more Battle Stats?
Make Poison be a more drawn out experience so it is actually possible to heal them of it.

Just to ask, and I hate to say it for fear of someone else already bringing it up, but is it all possible to bring back faction chat? At the moment organising factions can be nearly impossible once you get more than five or six people.

we found a annoying bug you need to fix.

when someone starts a vote to change the leader, the current leader can kick the guy people are voting for, if he does this the guy people are voting for automatically loses.
you need to disable it so leaders cant kick people during these votes.
i had 8-4 majority and was kicked out twice :/ was really annoying

Just one suggestion, admin command to reset iron resource points as with a 80 player server it gets used up too quick. Plus there wont be a need for restarting the server too much. Also on another note, please do not add back in faction chat but instead give Lords the ability to send objectives to troop screens, with the same sort of style as capturing castles or new Lords are in place.

Splintert said:
Azrayel said:
"The Rules Have Changed" means "I'm far more interested with denying any other faction a castle to give half a ****."

if you knew how to play than you wouldn't have to use personal insults. you can become a mercenary for each of the factions, the training posts are spread throughout the map.

I did it.

Three times.

They just camped us with their superior weapons and stats.

Jazora said:
Just one suggestion, admin command to reset iron resource points as with a 80 player server it gets used up too quick. Plus there wont be a need for restarting the server too much. Also on another note, please do not add back in faction chat but instead give Lords the ability to send objectives to troop screens, with the same sort of style as capturing castles or new Lords are in place.
I wanted to see how it works when the map run out of resources for a bit longer, but I haven't really had much chance to get on and play with you guys (whenever I join, I find another few bugs I need to fix). I'll make the mines respawn automatically, by cleaning up the resource harvesting code, combining it in the same system with trees and bushes; the main question is, how much time until respawn do people think is a good balance between forcing factions to guard resources, and the server running totally dry of iron and becoming boring to play? The rough initial number I thought of was 2 hours (as opposed to trees at currently 1 hour).
Azrayel said:
They just camped us with their superior weapons and stats.
Yeah, there is no real disadvantage to having one huge faction controling the whole map yet, but I want to make being a faction and taking castles worthwhile, with a decent coordinated effort to capture them, rather than constantly swapping all the time. What are some ideas people have for adressing that? Do you think that the mercenaries should have slightly better stats (not better than the faction soldiers)? or do you think some slightly better weapon crafting points outside of castles are needed? If nearly everyone on the server is playing in one faction, that seems boring; aren't there any discontented soldiers who you could gather together, or bribe to let you take some weapons? Is it practically impossible to sneak into an enemy castle and steal some? Are you making sure to loot every decent weapon from kills on the battlefield? I guess it's hard to loot when they die on the castle wall, but you could try annoy their serfs so they have to come out to protect them, and then kill and loot some weapons. Are the mega factions ending up with enough resources stored that they don't need to use or protect serfs anymore?

A separate question: are there any players who think the price changes in alpha3 have gone too far the other way (that things are too easy to get)? I know there will be people who think it was good, but are there people who think it is still far to time consuming to get money or buy things?

Back
Top Bottom