increase maximum amount of bodies?

Users who are viewing this thread

yes and no

it is hard coded which means that you would have to modify the game engine and then a few things that im not sure about.

it is possable but it would essentualy mean rewiting a **** load a code and having to get taleworlds permission first and it proberly wouldn't be compatable with warband as it would be the same game but in a different version.

if anyone could be arsed with the hassel to implement that then go for it (once you have permissions etc). imo it wouldn't be worth it unless you was going to add a load of other fetures and having to find all the bugs and fix them.

I too think the game is silly without unlimited corpses. You have a battle with say, 500 men (battle sizer). Most of them die.

You wind up with a field strewn with gear, and a few bodies here and there. It looks silly and really kills that sense of achievement (or despair if you're the loser) you get from surveying a battlefield.

Yes I realise the engine isn't built to handle such numbers but really, people know what they're getting into.

im pretty sure it was able to handle it but im not sure what happened.

the original mb still has it so im not sure what the problem was

Awesome! Possum! said:
does anybody want to do this?
To do what? It's part of the engine. If it were something a modder could do by easily editing a mod-able file (not the .exe), it would have been done.

Awesome! Possum! said:
ive asked i think 3 times if unlimited corpses is possible and every time they say that its hard coded
...right...it is...so why are you asking again?

If you're really on about this, you could--politely--ask cmpxchg8b if this is possible to implement via his Warband Script Enhancer or otherwise without breaking the license with Taleworlds. He will almost assuredly say no, at which point I'm not sure how else the fact that the number of corpses is something only the devs can change can be made clear to you.

My apologise for necromancy.

Actually if you're talking about single player mode only it's unnecessary to wait for special fix from developers. Even hard-coded value may be changed while stored in random access memory.

Personally I use ArtMoney to increase maximum amount of dead bodies. I've found a value on address "0093E4D4" and it seems working. As much I see technically you may have up to 2147483647 corpses on battlefield.

But I would not recommend you to run ArtMoney along with any multilayer game since it is a cheating program which may be considered as ban-able offence.

By the way using a cheat to bypass interface issues - it looks somewhat ironic as for me.

Morgot said:
My apologise for necromancy.

Actually if you're talking about single player mode only it's unnecessary to wait for special fix from developers. Even hard-coded value may be changed while stored in random access memory.

Personally I use ArtMoney to increase maximum amount of dead bodies. I've found a value on address "0093E4D4" and it seems working. As much I see technically you may have up to 2147483647 corpses on battlefield.

But I would not recommend you to run ArtMoney along with any multilayer game since it is a cheating program which may be considered as ban-able offence.

By the way using a cheat to bypass interface issues - it looks somewhat ironic as for me.

Ah thanks for looking this up. Now let's hope someone makes battlersizer ior some similar app where both number of troops and number of corposes can be set (even though internally these are handled very differently). I can theoretically do it or I wouldn't suggest it, but I don't have time at present.

If you guys look at WSE2 its been incorporated into CRPG and you can now put corpses up to 2000. Can anyone see if they can do this with normal warband?

Little necro here, but for people who want it really bad, here's a way :

Open mb_warband.exe with a hex editor (try HxD)
Go to 0x000F079D

Change
Code:
18 19 86 00
to
Code:
17 19 86 00

Then search for
Code:
3B 05 18 19 86 00 0F
and replace with
Code:
3B 05 17 19 86 00 0F
This is a little work around, basically what it does is instead of checking if there is less than 150 bodies, it will be something like 20480.
Basically infinite.

Have fun.

Ghost_Rolly said:
Little necro here, but for people who want it really bad, here's a way :

Open mb_warband.exe with a hex editor (try HxD)
Go to 0x000F079D

Change
Code:
18 19 86 00
to
Code:
17 19 86 00

Then search for
Code:
3B 05 18 19 86 00 0F
and replace with
Code:
3B 05 17 19 86 00 0F
This is a little work around, basically what it does is instead of checking if there is less than 150 bodies, it will be something like 20480.
Basically infinite.

Have fun.

Whoa, thanks! Now that's useful.

Would you mind to explain how to read those hex number? Or point me to a tutorial (I tried googling "hex number" but doesn't seem to yield what I need). What if I just want 3000 bodies max? I have a decent rig here, but 20480 still sounds like a lagfest...

Vraelomon said:
I really don't think your ever going have 20,000 casualties in one Warband battle...

Yeah haha but you still can get 1000 dead with BattleSizer, which is why I think I should limit it to 300 max.  :mrgreen:

Has this hex workaround stopped with the last update?  I just discovered this but can't seem to find the second hex values.

I'm desperate for some unlimited corpse action!!!

Slisky YOUR LORD said:
Has this hex workaround stopped with the last update?  I just discovered this but can't seem to find the second hex values.

I'm desperate for some unlimited corpse action!!!

This mod no longer works. :sad: Luckily I saved my old .exe so I have it in NW but not the new native

Back
Top Bottom