[DoF] Defenders of Faith [International Clan] - Decade of Faith!

Users who are viewing this thread

Das Knecht said:
Marin Peace Bringer said:
Also welcome to DoF Rebel!

To clarify, this is not the CLAN Rebels, it's a player named Rebel.  We DID NOT annex Rebels.

Yet...

Soon...

kappa.png

After few quiet months DoF is once again ready to bounce back and make competitive roster that will be used in North American scene.

Retrospective:
Earlier this year right after second season of UNAC some of our members that we have trained for months(years even) have shown total lack of respect and almost hatred toward us.That all combined with departure of 6-8 players left our NA side in terrible shape.Which was really a shame since we finally started to look like serious team that could potentially challenge top teams.Before that last scrim in UNAC(that we won in great style imo) we have been playing close matches and winning scrims against few of top NA teams at the time.
I personally as well as DoF leaders(when they had free time) worked very hard for that team and got lot of compliments from respected members of community for job DoF was doing.
Special thanks goes to the top NA team that had joined practice with us few nights before (for us famous) win.They know who they are and they know I was grateful for help back then as I am now.
Sad part was that our ex "members" lacked trust in us and could not see that DoF team was on it's path to become top NA side.
The way they left us without any notice...
The way they talked and insulted us behind our backs...
Their lack of loyalty and respect for us who used to call them friends really hurts us badly even today...

I wasn't ready to talk about this in public in past few months but now when new change is coming to us this has to be put behind us.But also it should remain as a warning to our potential new members that we value friendship and loyalty way more then skill within game.

Ok,with this done here are the changes that happened in DoF and some of our plans for future:

First big change is that I have replaced William as leader of DoF.
Darin is NA side commander.
Gadric is EU side commander.

I personally wish to thank William for all his work he has done for DoF since it's founding four years ago.And of course he is still with us and hopefully will be one of our main players in project we have :smile:

This project is separating of DoF's roster into two teams:
Competitive team and Core team.

In my opinion we have been giving chance to all who show up in our scrims to play even when we were in serious competitive matches.
This is going to change and only best of us will play in competitive tournaments.So as the name itself suggests Competitive team will be used in various tournaments we participate in.

Core team will be for newer members or members that need to improve.It will also be team for players who do not enjoy competitive events and want to play game for fun together with other DoF members.

Both teams will have regular events ranging from scrims to practices to games we play within game just to relax and have fun.

DoF also has long history of organizing successful events in NA and I want that back.
I want to see multi clan battles like in the good ol' days of NA scene,I want to see siege events and pretty much anything that will help this community have fun.
We also host WWC together with PRT so competitive side is not forgotten as well.

To end it up I will just list things i want to see within DoF:
-More events.Especially in NA.Our EU side is doing fine,we have 200 events per year so no problems there :grin:
-Transparency.Our members will know what we offer and what we expect in return
-More loyal members :razz:

We are currently recruiting both North American and European players.
For EU members we are searching competitive ready players that can help improve PaD team even more
For NA we are just looking for loyal players that will remain with us.I had enough of training players for other clans so that has to stop :mrgreen:
If you join,join to stay!

To learn more about DoF visit our page here http://defendersoffaith.proboards.com
Or add me on steam and I will be glad to answer all the questions.
Steam profile is: DoF_Erminas

Thanks for reading and have a nice day :wink:

OP will be updated soon.
PS.Wolfies Hunger games event starts soon.Check it out: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,307498.0.html

Erminas said:
Sad part was that our ex "members" lacked trust in us and could not see that DoF team was on it's path to become top NA side.
Their lack of loyalty and respect for us who used to call them friends really hurts us badly even today...

I believe it should be evident by now that people care far less about being in a "good" clan and far more about being in a clan with a group of players they like and leaders they trust.

I think it is quite evident. In the end it could have been avoided with a little bit more communication, so it's a shame. But everybody has moved on now, that was a kind of a wrap-up post to it and its point was not to stir **** up with some long-gone exmembers. More of an information post about the changes we're undergoing right now  :smile:

Eternal said:
Erminas said:

I believe it should be evident by now that people care far less about being in a "good" clan and far more about being in a clan with a group of players they like and leaders they trust.
I really don't wish to start discussion about "them" here but what I will say is that before their departure I personally never felt that they dislike me or don't trust me.So it was really shocking and rather disappointing to find out how they feel about us...

wK started with your new system and it worked to an extent but honestly I believe one well rounded competitive team who appreciates each other, has quality personalities and equal amounts of skill will truly prevail. Playing other games helps as well. Almost every wK member plays other games with each other. Lately it's Dota 2, Diablo 3, Payday 2 and other random stuff. Keep it light until practices and scrims. That's where it's time to shine and really prove your worth. People who get sat will wonder why and they will either leave or get better or they are useful for certain situations and will understand.

Either way myself and wK wish you the best of luck and if you need any help along the way we are more than willing to do so. I would also recommend checking out our new mentor thread run by Lagstro: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,308096.0.html

Calamity said:
wK started with your new system and it worked to an extent but honestly I believe one well rounded competitive team who appreciates each other, has quality personalities and equal amounts of skill will truly prevail. Playing other games helps as well. Almost every wK member plays other games with each other. Lately it's Dota 2, Diablo 3, Payday 2 and other random stuff. Keep it light until practices and scrims. That's where it's time to shine and really prove your worth. People who get sat will wonder why and they will either leave or get better or they are useful for certain situations and will understand.

Either way myself and wK wish you the best of luck and if you need any help along the way we are more than willing to do so. I would also recommend checking out our new mentor thread run by Lagstro: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,308096.0.html
That is the ultimate goal.To have just one team made of competitive ready players.
However in our case I think two teams will work better since some of our guys sadly will never be able to play on high level due to very unstable pings.
And we also have at least 3-5 members that play game casually and to have fun with us.So having only one competitive team would leave these guys without (m)any events to participate in.Which is not something i would like to see,since most of these guys are among our oldest members.
So we will try to have one competitive team that is well managed and balanced.And one team i like to call DoF Core team that will be for guys that just want to have fun.

Also I fully agree that playing other games together helps a lot to get to know each other.And it shows in our case as well.Our EU division has very close-connected group of players and that is the reason I have no problems of organizing over 200 events(scrims,practs,fun events) per year.
Last year we(together with PRT friends) had exactly 118 EU scrims and over 80 already in 2014.
I am hoping to try an achieve something similar with our NA division as well.However I am not fooling myself thinking we will have that many scrims in NA because there is big difference in amount of clans in EU and NA.But 100 or so events a year is doable and we will aim to achieve that.

Thanks for offering help :wink:
I will post more about your topic on our forum and hopefully some will be interested.

Rise and rise again DoF and PaD! It's a difficult job to balance the fun side and the competitive side of Warband with so many different players, as any Wolfpack member knows, but it's definitely doable. Keep up the good job and remember to hassle Greed for help with stuff, I do it all the time - remember, if he gets angry it just means he's even happier to help!

OurGloriousLeader said:
Rise and rise again DoF and PaD! It's a difficult job to balance the fun side and the competitive side of Warband with so many different players, as any Wolfpack member knows, but it's definitely doable. Keep up the good job and remember to hassle Greed for help with stuff, I do it all the time - remember, if he gets angry it just means he's even happier to help!
Greed is the nicest person in the whole World.
The day i get angry message from him will also be the day Earth disappears!

Thanks for offer OGL :smile:
I really miss our almost daily scrims and hopefully we can start playing together frequently again.We will just need few more weeks to finalize and implement all these new changes then we are good to go!

Gl guys. Hope you'll do well. I've always loved to play against you in scrims (even though those were a few) and on your side on BG or events. You are an extreamly nice group of players and you are one of the clans I'm glad to have in this game.

Hope things will turn out well and warband steam sale brings you, perhapes, a few nice player.

Good to see ya once again DoF.

I hear the AC/DC theme song taking hold..... Back in Black!

Back
Top Bottom