problem with new towns?

Users who are viewing this thread

octoburn

Grandmaster Knight
alright, so I've made a map, and renamed all the towns. I had previously went the route of making all new towns, not realizing they all were battles when you entered them. now I merely re-named the native ones, hoping to have the native towns as a starting point for my towns. now they're still all battles when I attempt to enter them. all I changed was thw town names, nothing more, they're still "labeled" as p_town1, etc. I'm guessing I have missed something very obvious, but I can't tell what it is. if I merely remane an existing town, do I still have to go through the whole process that's involved when you create a new town?

any advice would be helpful :mrgreen:

(and yes, I did do a search, but the only tutorial I found was for adding a new town, and wasn't sure if it applied to just renaming them as well)

First, if you are making new towns and you want to stop it from going to a battle you add a relivant entry in simple_triggers to make it jump to the correct menu. That or if you want it to jump to the town menu you move the constands for where towns begin and towns end to include your towns.

If you just want to re-name a town then look at the town name next to the label, it's right there.

I keep getting a problem with making a new town. >_< I did everything correctly, but the scene is just an empty scene, and I want a scene like one of the towns, and the code is right, but in the game, It is just an empty field! How do I fix this?

miclee1 said:
I keep getting a problem with making a new town. >_< I did everything correctly, but the scene is just an empty scene, and I want a scene like one of the towns, and the code is right, but in the game, It is just an empty field! How do I fix this?

You need to look in the triggers file where the town slots are set and set some more slots for your town.

Yoshiboy said:
You need to look in the triggers file where the town slots are set and set some more slots for your town.

What about other locations? I copied the four ways inn, copied the respective scene, added a proper menu, but the scene is empty (though smaller than the usual random scene, about the size of the four winds inn location). Do I have to add a slot for it in the triggers after all towns and castles?

BTW, could you explain why there are two sets of simple triggers - in simple_triggers and simply triggers  :smile: files. Which one do I have to change, or both?

setting troops in a scene is different. Look at the salt mine merchant troop entries. It says where to spawn them and in which scene.

Triggers are things that fire over time on the world map, simple triggers are things that fire in a certain instance. In this case, on a party encounter.

Thanks Yoshi, but... I meant something a little different.

As to the triggers, I meant the duplicate simple_triggers section in triggers file. I found fisheye's post where he said you can ignore it.

In the case with copied four-ways-inn, my problem was that I (foolishly) forgot to copy the .sco file in SceneObjects, and thus, though the menu showed me the correct scene, it was empty because M&B couldn't read the scene data.

For a change, I used the renamed zendar tavern scene, copied the respective .sco, and got another bug: when I entered my modified four-winds-inn, I saw the six Swadian knights who were supposed to be garrisoning it! However this is the first time I saw the defenders showing up not in battle. Weird, imagine six unarmed and dismounted Swadian knights lined up against a wall in zendar tavern (two were standing on a table)! I even could talk to them! However it was only the default "Tell me about yourself" conversation.

All towns have a garrison of 6 swadian knights, most just have a tag not to show it. You must be jumping to the scene with a weid mission template. Otherwise it shouldn't really happen.

Back
Top Bottom