SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Articulo34 said:
Birger Jarl said:
There is a nice force behind those thrusts; nice combo of sound effects and sped-up animations.
Works quite well. With that low thrust you can still hit enemies in close combat and the higher thrust, with the shield up front, is quite good to approach enemy formations since it will block most incoming projectiles while being ready to strike the moment you get within distance.

The million dollar question remains though: how does the AI do?

Birger Jarl said:
Articulo34 said:
Birger Jarl said:
There is a nice force behind those thrusts; nice combo of sound effects and sped-up animations.
Works quite well. With that low thrust you can still hit enemies in close combat and the higher thrust, with the shield up front, is quite good to approach enemy formations since it will block most incoming projectiles while being ready to strike the moment you get within distance.

The million dollar question remains though: how does the AI do?
1on1 still worse than they do with a sword/axe. In tight groups they are more dangerous because they have reach and since they can attack from two different directions just blocking low doesn´t cut it anymore. Whoever lose their shield within strike distance gets skewered, badly.

Khorne himself said:
In floris, all the pikemen and spearmen have a sword aside of their polearms and they use it in close combat

I'd love to know how to do that: whenever I give two different melee weapons to a troop the game randomly chooses which one to spawn; if you are lucky it gives the unit both weapons but most of the time it either gives them the spear or the sword....

This is also a problem for all the Cavalry units that use lances; unless you luck out and they spawn with a sidearm they are toast after that initial launch because lances are even worse than other types of polearms in melee combat.

Pardon the double post, but OH MY FREAKIN' GOD!

WbNr6nv.jpg

I...I've never seen the High Elves go this far away from their little island. Grom Peak is pretty much on the opposite side of the world map after all!

Morgh's editor is nice for random people who want to make changes for their own, but I think you should use a more "professional" software, in my opinion.

Khorne himself said:
Morgh's editor is nice for random people who want to make changes for their own, but I think you should use a more "professional" software, in my opinion.
The "more professional software" would be the module system. But since the source code for this particular mod hasn´t been released by the devs, there is no choice but to use third party software like Morgh´s.

I have neither the interest nor the knowledge to do anything with the module system. But even if I did, not all mods get their source code released, it´s up to the devs.

I know that U'd received some very nice complete models from Furok, but maybe this will also interest U? Tired of waiting for AoC 2, so did similar which I'd like to have from there by myself.

167us8j.jpg

solts3.jpg

wrfhom.jpg

20az5te.jpg

2mcg2v7.jpg

2nbu3ph.jpg

20f6us8.jpg

rs7ped.jpg

2gx4lyh.jpg

Link for dling: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=88467735179763887198
Link for dling (direct): http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=88467735179763887198&t=8846773517976388719820926

Package including: three quarters armor (2 diff. necks, for each helmet), gloves, pants, helmets (w/ feathers, armet and burgonet), jackboots, 8 swords.

Maybe this one will go nice for pistolliers?

Khorne himself said:
Articulo34 said:
I have neither the interest nor the knowledge to do anything with the module system. But even if I did, not all mods get their source code released, it´s up to the devs.
But Birger Jarl ?

Birger isn't one of the original devs.

I'm not fully prepared to say how the mod system works either, as I have yet to get the full understanding, but from what I gather the python issue is in taking apart and putting back together the files the game itself reads. Once the files are made, there is no more reliance on python or the "module system".

There is no "module system" per se. There are files you can edit that change the behavior of the game. And then there is the executable which cannot be edited. That is the game engine itself.

Well... theoretically you can back out an executable too, but I believe that is an even more technical issue than writing the game in the first place, and also I am pretty sure it is illegal all over the western world.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6481668/protecting-executable-from-reverse-engineering

I have yet to find a really good tutorial that goes step by step through all the files that can be changed and how to change them manually, but my understanding is Morgh's editor basically automates all of that and gives you a nice little environment for modding.

If I am wrong, someone please feel free to correct me. I'm still mucking around trying to figure out how to fix mods to work right on Linux. There is, to the best of my knowledge, no similar software for Linux currently, although I keep telling myself since it's in Python I ought to be able to make it work in Linux since the Python code itself is available.

I'm pretty sure you could force (or "hardcode") a unit to spawn with two distinct weapons if you had access to that stuff though. I went back and played vanilla Warsword and a lot of units (especially Cavalry with lances like Silver Helms) are seemingly guaranteed to spawn with a lance and a sidearm...

so im enlisted with arch lector volkmar. our emperor decides its a spiffing idea to go to war with da orks,the dwarves and brettonia at the same time.
my boss is captured by brettonia and is in couronne. i know these are bugged but i decide to have a go at springing him.
i get to the bit where we're both outside and the first one to attack me is my boss!

so im fighting the guards and the idiot im supposed to rescue.
i give up and head back to empire lands only to find all the small settlements on fire and all but one of the big settlements under siege by just about everybody! i think our holy emperor is up a certain creek without a certain implement.
damn i love this game! cheers

@Birger Jarl

I am playing your submod as High Elf right now and have noticed something strange. I can see that other High Elf lords have the following units + I can rescue them as prisoners but I have not found any way how to train them :sad:
Ellyrian Reaver
High Elf Hawkeye
Nagarythe Shadow Walker
Nagarythe Shadow Warrior

Is there something wrong with the troop tree or I am doing something wrong? :smile:

Back
Top Bottom