SUGGESTIONS

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
exept the useual stuff (locations, factions units)

1 a kingdoms bishop/druid can give you a quest to kill people in the kingdom who are defiant towards that religion and supports the other one, this could increase relations with kingdoms who have this religion and decreas relations wich have the other religion.

2 thiefs should be able to be uppgraded and they should be able to assasinate people and thus gain exp

3 you should be able to build new buildings like: churches, temples, baracks, keep

4 in sieges you can build a battering ram

since a lot of guys like realism so much and i find it a bit harming the fun of game...

i would like some sort of arcade modes. Like "make trade easier", "make battle easier", "make all kinds of stuff less real but more fun to play"

- Example Trade
It takes way way way too long to get rich enough to get buildings and stuff. Everything is really expensive and hey there isnt just the freakin geeks out there. I have to work, i have a life to attend to and i dont wanna need dozens of hours to get to some small achievements. Plz, give the "casual" brytenwalda fan a way to enjoy this awesome mod too. but maybe in a way that wont harm you "realism" fans *g

-Example Fights
Every little thief has armor piercing stuff...its sometimes easier to fight swordsmen than thiefs and smaller guys since all of em use weapons that kill heavy gear so freakin fast. Why is that so? Still realistic? And if...isnt that harming fun a bit...i mean i like joining the fights not only be the commander but its pointless, you die too fast. Even on easiest settings and in heaviest armor ( 65/16, Helmet of 38, boots of 18 and 10 on hands. ) Horses die now within moments...u just cant enjoy fighting much anymore. Plz, an "arcade" option or sth "casual" if this is to please the realism guys...but plz remember the casuals aswell

Hey, I really like your mod. So much so that I actually registered on this forum just to post this.

Suggestions:
Please change weapons and armor back to the way they were in 1.3. I realize that someone worked hard to change this system, but the old one was much better. The new penalties are redundant when you consider that encumbrance already affects how quickly you move (as lighter armors allow one to move faster both in and out of combat-- which is really the only strength that lightly armored troops had).

Also please make it a little cheaper to purchase land for a business. Maybe have it cost half or 2/3s as much as it does in the latest version.

Please change weapons and armor back to the old system from 1.3.

Please remove the morale penalty for not resting, or at least provide an option to disable it.

Please fix tournaments so that I stop spawning with only 6 javelins. Also I see a lot of AI on horseback with axes that they can't use still. I also spawn with a bow I can't use and only a knife that does around 5-6 damage per hit on average. Also please change bet amounts back to the 1.3 version.

Again, I really do like your mod a lot and can't wait for the next version to come out, but I am quite frustrated with this one.

I suggest you get rid of the resting penalty. my reasoning is the AI are not affected by it.

I wouldnt mind camping for the night if the AI have to but I doubt that will happen
---
For tournaments everyone should have the same weapon. or at least an option to choose from a bin at the start. A tournament is supposed to be fair so taht everyone has an equal chance and the only deciding factor is skill.

I recommend a shield spear or a shield sword combo for everyone
---
The dena raiders are horribly overpowered. Im not even going into detail how much nightmares i get now...
---
I think armies should have more archers than what im seeing. I counted 5 archers in one of the kings armies lol

Nasferatu said:
I suggest you get rid of the resting penalty. my reasoning is the AI are not affected by it.

I wouldnt mind camping for the night if the AI have to but I doubt that will happen

It would be very cool, if AI would camp at night, too! But not every night... Maybe they get a 5% chance to camp at night.
And this chance is calculated 3 times in one night. First time at 8pm, second at 10pm and last at midnight.
Would look very cool to see some parties camping at different times and some still travelling :smile:
But is this even possible?

While its nice to be able to see the Garrison of a village, isn't 59 Males and only 3 Females a bit weird...

ale should give morale

build a motte and baily, church or temple in locations.

build the salt mine in any location

if you've made a faction you can equip your own units (clubs and knifes for commerners, swords, maces, spears and axes for warriors/nobles

I really liked the previous versions and Brytenwalda became my favourite game but now there are a few things I don't like.
I noticed that you increased weapon damage, I am not sure this makes combat more realistic. It seems more like as it was in original warband, it only makes combat faster as shields destroyed in seconds, and you just kill and die sooner even with heavier armors. Previous damage system was much better.
I don't really like the lack of rest in morale, after I did a tax collector mission it went up -56 morale and after several days of resting in camp and taverns didn't go above -14. This means my morale is always low, because when you rest the other factor-recent events goes deeply in minus. Even the food variety doesn't compensate it enough.
And what is worst leadership skill doesn't give bonus to morale, even considering realism it should give bonus as soldiers fight better for a good leader.
Of course by now I couldn't test all new features you put into this version, but it seems alright I didn't notice bugs. But this morale and leadership is grave problem.
Other thing is about armor penalties is should be much less or completely deleted. We already need requirements for heavy armor and also the weight of your gear makes you slower (it was like this since vanilla warband). Now losing even powerstrike and athletic, etc as well. Wearing heavy armour can't effect that much the power of your punch...

Keep up the good work!

Please, please make the realism optional. Not all of us want realism so bad that it destroys gameplay. The way it sits now i wont play brytenwalda

I think the problem is  all of us got used to play Warband and suddenly when Idibil change the gameplay ( make it more realistic ) we are confused, becase still we are trying to play the game as were were playing previous versions or Native. this is the main problem,  may be they can tell us what they think and how should this mod get played?

ex: Before with cheap troops you could win the battles, but now elite troops are really though, so you need high quality troops to face with the enemy.  And if you try to use heavy armour when you are level 10  it will be very diificult for you, actualy it will give you more harm then benefit.. but later when you are level 25-30 then heavy armour will get the real benefit of wearing heavy armour.

am i right?

Something i would love would be;

To be able to set up a camp like the bandits. So you can have a secret base of operations where u can garrison people, and store items. So as an alternative to becoming a great king we could be a legendary bandit swooping down on caravans and patrols only to slip away unseen.... :smile:

I guess it would be like a fort, but u'd need way more time to build it and some money... Possible?

Other suggestions...;

Fletching skill to make ur own arrows..
Skill to get hides from animals (early in the day = bad english)
Advanced bounty hunter missions if ur good enough..(good enough relationship with tavern keeper?)
Where you could break into castle's to take out an individual , or some action in a town, where the guards may chase you ...... Or slip into an army camp to take out a leader...

Tchan said:
Something i would love would be;

To be able to set up a camp like the bandits. So you can have a secret base of operations where u can garrison people, and store items. So as an alternative to becoming a great king we could be a legendary bandit swooping down on caravans and patrols only to slip away unseen.... :smile:

I guess it would be like a fort, but u'd need way more time to build it and some money... Possible?

Love the idea !!!

Regarding 1H alt mode 2H weapons:
Make them a pure 1H primary mode and a pure 2H alt mode.

Currently they are 1H primary and "bastard" alt mode. The result is that if you switch to alt mode with the shield in hand, you simply have a very poor 1H stats (35% bastard penalties). Also, the weapon icon on the lower right looks the same, so if the character is holding the weapon with a shield I have no idea if he is using the primary mode or is using the alt mode (till I swing and see the speed difference). The way I suggested, the icons will still be the same, but you can simply SEE how the weapon is held to know which mode is current. It auto slings the shield when switching to the 2H mode.

Alt mode for axes:
If the 2H alt mode is a standard mechanic in Brytenwalda, please add it to the 1H axes as well. On most of therm it would look good and in realistic terms, it is definitely viable and makes more sense than using a short hilt 1H swords with 2 hands. I changed it for myself with the item editor, but would be nice to see it in the next versions.

edit:
corrected because I had the sword description reversed.

First of all, I play with max difficulty all the time. I like a little challenge when I play this game because I consider it fun to overcome adversity. However, since the addition of the -morale for lack of rest, it hasnt changed the difficulty at the same time sapping the fun out of this mod versus previous versions (now im resting for days on end= no game play). Come on, we are talking about a bunch of bad ass head chopping, limb dismembering soldiers who cry and complain about a days walk with no rest?? Really? I say it again, really? I am game for any feature which enhances gameplay (weapon breaking, supply wagon, etc) but this feature enhances nothing (am I wrong?).

At least make it an option to turn this incredibly abnoxious rule off

Thanks

Th3Maxx said:
First of all, I play with max difficulty all the time. I like a little challenge when I play this game because I consider it fun to overcome adversity. However, since the addition of the -morale for lack of rest, it hasnt changed the difficulty at the same time sapping the fun out of this mod versus previous versions (now im resting for days on end= no game play). Come on, we are talking about a bunch of bad ass head chopping, limb dismembering soldiers who cry and complain about a days walk with no rest?? Really? I say it again, really? I am game for any feature which enhances gameplay (weapon breaking, supply wagon, etc) but this feature enhances nothing (am I wrong?).

At least make it an option to turn this incredibly abnoxious rule off

Thanks

You are right. I can't agree more. And also bring back morale bonus for leadership. These changes (armor penalties also) ruined fun completely from this otherwise fantastic mod.

I'm extremely sorry for my English.

I think, penalties morality with a lack of rest have to work on enemy troops. In other words, the enemy force must periodically stop and set camp.

At the tournament participants must use their personal equipment. This will eliminate the bug with axes on horseback and unarmed units and give more chances to win for better units (lords and the High-leveled units)

P.S. This is a super mod, thanks a lot!

Adding some opinion concerning heavy gear, i know it's still pretty much subjective but i wouldn't like to see the penalties completly off. I agree with NoSlowdown on this, it's a bit redundant since you loose speed already, but just making this loose let's say 1 pt in one/two abilities could be enough.

With a level 28 character, i used a lether coat and a dena helm and now my stats are down to 0 lol. I think penalties for coat is like -4 in power strike, agility, horse riding etc... Helm is -2 in power draw and power throw no ? Kind of too much in my opinion.

I absolutely love the chancellor being delivering gifts to your friends, and even (married) ladies.

But I really miss the option to send gifts to maidens my character got just acquainted to.

It would also be awesome, if I was able to ask a kingdom bard to spread news, that my character dedicated his recent victory in battle/siege to a person as to raise relation.

BTW, are there any Arthurian quests? E.g. a quest for Excalibur (=> significant raise in Right to Rule) would be an absolute outbreak of awesomeness to Brythonic character players like me. And once all lands united under Brythonic rule, a quest for the Holy Grail? I know, that here we leave the realistic stuff, but I also know, that legends were more powerful in those days, and I already own Gae Bolga.

I like the morale system. Gives feedback to tactical organized fights with few loses. Native game is called M&B Warband not M&B Tycoon.  Exellent morale and only then it is time to do longer trade routes and to polish political contacts in the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom