it is my pleasure to announce the first public release of the full version
! For those of you still unfamiliar with the term, Nirecotive - named to honour our resident modder - offers enhanced game play, both for servers hosting the mod as well as clients using the mod on Native servers. The best result is of course achieved by running a Nirecotive client on a Nirecotive server.
Nirecotive is a Native compatible mod, which provides the following additions to Native:
(Features in navy
are new in version 2.5)
- Rain/Snow and fog
- Varying Daytimes
- the ability to buy heraldic armour and torches
- Improved GUI (Game Rules, Equipment Selection Screen)
- Cheering! Ever wanted to rise your arms to the sky in triumph after you captured the castle? You can now do so by pressing M. Note: you won't be able to walk around during the time you cheer - you can still block though, if you get attacked.
- Custom polls. You're now able to poll things like "Should I play archer next round?" or whatever your heart desires. Note that only Nirecotive users will be able to vote on custom polls
- Mirror Polls That kick poll clearly is a stupid rage poll, vote to kick the poller by pressing 3.
- Buy the pistol! If enabled, you will be able to buy the much loved Flintlockpistol from the equipment selection screen. (same goes for the torch and Heraldic Armour)
- Warning surrounding teammates By pressing 4, team mates around you will get a message displayed that warns them to watch out!
- Swap players Take autobalance into your own hand (as an admin, ofc) and swap single players to the other team!
- Minor admins Give half-trusted people some admin rights without giving away for password!
- Change the effect abstains have on polls
- and so much more
: Due to the nature of TW coding, some aspects like weather won't work correctly immediately when you join our server. Leaving and joining again or waiting for the map to change will fix this issue.
Following changes have been made that can also be enjoyed with an unmodded Client:
- Fixed CTF spawn points. All players spawn in a radius around their base.
- Empty handed gift. If you spawn without weapons, the server will gift you one randomly.
- Restricted equipment. We've added an option to disallow certain equipment on our server. If you're running Nirecotive, the selection screen is adapted accordingly, if not, you'll see the items, but you won't actually be able to buy them.
- Advanced autobalance. Nirecotive is able to autobalance teams according to scored points in stead of simple team size.
- Poll results.* Once a poll is over, the server displays the amount of votes cast for each option.
- Uniforms We can set the equipment for each team to the same - hilarity is sure to ensue...
(Slots occupied by an uniform equipment are shown in red on the equipment selection screen for nirecotive users).
- More variety in sieges/CTF. Get bored of the flag being at the same place all the time? Well, no more, if there is an willing admin online, the flag can (and will) be moved to different places.
- Fading of riderless horses. No more thousands of Steppe Horses cluttering the space before siege ladders!
- One way gates. Settable globally via Admin Panel or manually, an admin can lock the gates on Siege, so only Attackers can open them and defenders only close them.
- Display a message on server join Greet newcomers with a witty slogan or remind them to behave on your server
- Random Armours in a similiar vein to Empty Handed Gift, Nirecotive can provide players with random sets of armour, too, if they spawn naked and without horse and weapons
- and many, many more!
Things your client will "fix" for you even on Native servers:
- Persistent Equipment selection. No need to select your favourite equipment again after swtiching troop type, Nirecotive will remember your selection for each troop and faction.
- Friend marking. You are able to set players as "friends" by clicking on their name on the score board. Friends are shown by a white + on the scoreboard and a white + in the banner of friendly troops. Sadly, this will only work until the map changes.
Note: with this feature enabled, opening the scoreboard will for example drop your shield. You can disable it by pressing F9.
You can access player menus from where you can start kick/ban polls (and other adminy stuff) by clicking "Mark as friend" on the scoreboard.
There are extensive docs for each feature at http://nirecotive.zendarhunters.tk/ . I highly recommend to read it, it will give you a better understanding of all features than this thread can do.
In doubt, don't hesitate to post here on this thread.Servers currently hosting nirecotive
- Yours? Notify us to get your server added here
- Navigate to the Modules folder of Warband (usually C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules).
- Make a backup of the folder called 'Native'. In the provided archive file, you'll find an folder called 'Native'.
- Extract the archive in the Modules folder and say yes to overwrite all files.
Alternatively, just copy all *.txt files from the the archive to the folder 'Native' in ...\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules.
Enjoy!Download from mbrepository
WIP thread with screens of all features: http://www.zendarhunters.tk/showthread.php?tid=27