Tales of Kingdoms far and Near...

Users who are viewing this thread

ItzJames

Regular
This is where you post all details about your kingdom! What its called, who your fighting against and for what reason, how powerful or rich it is, or name some towns you own, anything. Also tell about how the kingdom got started the story behind it if there is one and stuff. Here is my epic tale, i will continue to write it as i progress through the game. Also if I have not mentioned you can read other peoples stories and challenge their kingdom/make threats (epic win.)

Part I: Rising to Power.

When i first came to Calradia i trained hard and hired some mercenaries for my army. Then when i had enough power i hired some heroes from the tavern, and made sure they trained hard. Then i rose to power by attacking a nord castle. I won victory, and King Yarloglek of Vaegirs i believe, saw my power and allowed me to become one of his vassals. With me on their side they were unstoppable, we wiped the nords off the map and knocked them out of existence, and the Kerghits were almost wiped out to, with only a castle or 2 and a town. Give or take a few looted villages. This is where i left and made my own kingdom. I told king Yarloglek that i must make my leave, and i left. I made my own kingdom and named it "Elgaron Kingdom". But he did not take the idea to lightly. With what power i had i made some of my hero characters vassals of my realm. We destroyed the kerghits and took all that was left of them. Once they lost Ichamur to my army in a bloody battle it was over. I trained some more heroes and made them vassals as well, and all was good. Heck, i even got some Vaegir lords to join me! But King Yarloglek took it as an insult, and must have seen the opportunity to destroy me before i gained to much power. Unfortunately his faction is twice the size as it was when it started. He declared war against me and refused to discontinue the war. I asked him for peace. "Indeed," he said. "Then fall upon your own sword. Give us all peace." At this time my kingdom has about 2 towns and a few castles, and some villages. I will fight King Yarloglek and destroy him, No matter what happens.

Part II:

I continued to fight King Yarloglek and the Vaegirs, but all of a sudden a disaster took place. King Harlaus of Swadia declared war upon me! They were raiding my villages, seiging my towns and castles, and fighting my vassals! Although my vassals were having the upperhand in the fighting, a whole new army of about 400 swadians started coming my way. There was no escape, i only had 160 men, but i decided to go face them. I was by the sea area about where Thir and Sargoth were. Fearlessly i charged them head on for a battle, i could have decided to run and hide at Sargoth, which was mine, then i thought that we will not go down without a fight, and that is all that matters! I readied the men and went to talk to the head of the army in front, then the battle began. My men charged into what would be one of the most astonishing bloodbaths that men will talk about for ages. I watched many of my men Ruthlessly killed by the Swadian army. We were able to cripple most of their army but in the middle of the long bout most of my men were dead or wounded. I took what was left of my army and made a run for it.

We escaped and hid in Sargoth until they decided to leave. Then i ran to Unuzdaq Castle and told my Prime Minister to send an emissary to convince King Harlaus to stop the war, so that i cold pursue war with the Vaegirs. I waited there for the emissary to return and when he came back he said that King Harlaus does not want peace and is eager to regain old lands. Probably lands that they lost ages ago to the nords, then the vaegirs took it from the nords, then I took it from the vaegirs, and now the Swadians want to attack me to get it back. I could offer him money, thousands upon ten-thousands of denari, but no he wants the land back. After a few days I made my decision, i was going to go straight to King Harlaus and try to negotiate or decimate. I readied my horses and my men and ventured into Swadian territory. After many days of searching i finally found him. When i asked him for peace he said his current interest was not peace. So I attacked him, and defeated him! I intended to keep him prisoner for ages until he said he would declare a peace treatie, but it was not so, for he escaped. Well i was walking back to town and then i got news...terrible terrible terrible news. Unuzdaq castle was under siege by many of the Swadian army. I can lose one castle and be fine, that is not terrible news you say? It is not only a castle but my wife was also residing there, and my court is also established there. That castle also is VERY important in other areas, losing it to the Swadians could mean the downfall of this powerful empire which i have created. 
To Be Continued​

I probably wont finish this for a while, considering I am testing some other mods.

Ill go second then:

King Timothy - Kingdom of Itova
Current Holdings: Veluca (Capital), Praven, Suno, Uxkhal, Yalen, Jelkala, Tihr, Sargoth, Reyvadin, Dhirim, Halmar - Along with all their accompanying castles.
History:
Started off working as a merc for Swadia... Went on a few campaigns and helped them grow a bit, I became a Count of Swadia and was given Sarimish to start with... Traded alot between Dhirim and Reyvadin also Tulga and Ahmerrad making my coin in which I started to build businesses when ever I could...

My first town was Halmar as reward for my exceptional service with Swadia... At this point Swadia was the power house... With a town to stock pile troops I began an intensive training/trade circuits ultilising my 8 companions with 7 training skills each or higher... Basically what I would do is pick up Recuits from Halmar (using Diplomacy mod I sent out recruiters in droves to stockpile at Halmar) and then take them on a circuit between Dhirim, Reyvadin, Curaw, Tulga and Ahmerrad and then drop of the trained troops at Halmar...

By now I had a sizable army but was slowly loosing money regardless of my extensive trading... In the next war with the Rhodoks I took Veluca and was granted it by the King and also was mad Marshall... However this only being my second game I didnt know that being Marshall made you less likely to get granted land... So after a few turn downs I became annoyed and decleared independence when I was denied Uxkhal after I retook the town...

And so started the Kingdom of Itova... Which in its current state was spread out between Halmar, Veluca and Uxkhal... With no castles to its name and therefore very fagile... I immediately asked for peace with Swadia who at the time were luckily at war on many fronts so agreed dispite the insult... I used this temporaral peace to once again build up forces in all three of my cities... And begin attracting vassels... It was slow progress at first but slowly I built up a core of 10 vassels from the friends I had made in previous months... One smart move was to get Count Klargus to defect to Itova... Taking Suno with him...

Once I was prepared enough... I sent my best companion of to Swadia to demand tribute (a good way to get them to declear war on you without damaging your standings with your vassels), he returned with a declaration of war... But I was prepared as I had gathered my nobles before hand and immediately set out to pick off the castles that separated my cities... First to go was Grunwalder followed by Ergellon and Vyincourt... I then set off on a risky campaign across to Halmar to take Reindi and Unuzdaq and thus sorta link up my Kingdom...

I quickly secured a peace with Swadia there after and thus became my standing military policy... Quick surgical strikes and then peace... That was my new plan from here on out... This policy worked well as it gave my steady growth with limited backlash as the other factions were quick to accept peace after I have rapidly robbed them in a short week or so...

Next on my list was Dhirim which was currently owned by the Rhodoks after taking it from Swadia as Swadia's power began to crumble after I separated... Again I built up my forces and gathered my vassels and then sent of a demand for tribute which again was returned with a declaration of war... It was only a few days later that Dhirim fell to my armies and peace was restored with the Rhodoks... Sadly Senuzgda and Derchios were held by Sarranids who were my greatest supporters (high relations they were devoted lol)... So they were out of the question at the moment...

Hence came a time of peace while I built up my vassels, took on new vassels and trained and traded to keep me in the green... The Swadians in their slow decline eventually broke this peace when they decleared war... Although it was a foolish decision as it just gave me an excuse to pick up two lone castles being Kelredan and Ryibelet in a quick two week campaign... This time however with Swadia down to just Praven with Haringoth and Tevarin Castles I decided against peace and just continued to pray upon any warband they had the courage to leave Praven or the castles... Eventually after defeated each Lord numerous times I was asked for peace... In which I demanded Haringoth and recieved it...

During this time of peace the east had waged war amoung themselves meaning that now both Senuzgda and Derchios castles were owned by Vaegirs... The Vaegirs begin both at war with the Khergits and Sarranids I decided that they were easy pickings and prompt gathered my vassels at a pre war feast (good way to get them all gathered) before setting out on my first war of agression (they didnt declare war after I threatened them so I had to actually do it myself)... Myself at the head of my now 14 vassels promptly took both Senuzgda and Derchios without fuss (they had only recently been taken from the Sarranids so the Vaegirs had yet to garrision them properly) I decided to press the attack by taking Dramug but then stopped at the walls of Reyvadin which was jam packed full of Vaegir lords and hence nigh impossible to take with my current combined army... Luckily for me just after I lead my forces back to Dramug... A lone two Khergit armies galloped close to Reyvadin which in turn drew out most (around 15 or so) of the Vaegir lords... I had to jump at this opportunity of fighting the Vaegirs out on the plains (where my swadian knights dominate)... So I quickly lead my armies back and jumped in to the battle on the side of the Khergits... The battle was long lasting at least 5 separate engagements (I have my battle limit increased to 600) but eventually we defeated the Vaegirs as my whole army (all 155) were Swadian Knights and that combined with my vassels knights proved to much for the mainly infantry forces of the Vaegirs...

As the great battle ended Reyvadin lied open with a mere 300 troops remaining combined with the 10 or 20 troops of each of the escaped Vaegir troops who survived the battle... The city fell shortly after to my men... To complete the campaign I lead my men against the last remaining Vaegir Castle south of the river... Radoghir Castle... A quick victory there lead to the Vaegirs being pushed back to just Khudan and Rivacheg with a few castles (the Nords owned Curaw and the Khergits owned Yuma Castle).

At this point disaster struck... The Nords decleared war... I was totally unprepared and at the end of a long and length campaign... I immediately left only a few souls to defend my new takings and marched my army to Rindyah Castle (Nords) took that quickly and marched onto Tilbaut... I expected any day now to hear of Dhirim or Suno being taken but to my surprise the Nords seem even less prepared than I was as I was quickly able to take Tilbaut followed by Knudarr castles which nicely squared up my Kingdoms boarder... I pressed on to Jelbegi Castle but a request for peace came before I was able to take it... I agreed and finally sent my tired soldiers home...

The peace lasted until I once again got bored of feasting in Veluca... I felt that both the remaining Rhodoks and Swadians were a torn in my Kingdoms side and to make my board only one front I decided they were next on the list... First the Rhodoks... I did the same as before after declearing war I quickly took Jelkala and Ibdeles Castle... Again prefering to stay at war in order to wear them down I dispatched my vassels on their own patrols around the remaining castles of Etrosq, Culmarr and Maras... After a week or so of victories I decided to take Etrosq Castle by myself... After taking it they quickly pleaded for peace... In which I demanded Culmarr Castle and recieved it...

Now with peace and a severly weakened Rhodoks I decided to turn my attention to the remaining Swadia... Only Praven and Tevarin Castle remained... And again I sent my vassels to conduct their own campaigns around Praven and the castle... The goal to wear down their remaining vassels (in recent month there had been a mass exodus from Swadia and they were down on vassels)... I myself took Tevarin Castle and then collected my vassels for a lengthy assualt of the heavily defended Praven... As it was so defended I replaced my Knight army with an all archer army and proceeded over a series of 5 attacks to rain arrows down on the defenders... Retreat then repeat... Eventually I had inflicted enough on the defenders that a final assualt with infantry succeeded... And thus the Swadians were no more...

Later that month I also finished off the Rhodoks in a series of decisive battles outside Yalen, in which I drew out their lords into a trap of my vassels who were all sitting at the village at Reveran waiting for me to lead the enemy to them...  Once weakened I then took Yalen and thus the Rhodoks too fell into the ever growing Kingdom of Itova...

Peace again lasted for awhile as I frantically traded to keep in the green... My costs were increasing faster than my income and it was getting harder and harder to stay profitable... I needed more Lords to spread the burden... But none were coming... It was then that I decided to go around and collect companions... Giving each of the ones I could find (other than my set 9 who were in my war party... They were to important to lose) some land... I got three extra lords this way... Taking the hits with my other Lords by putting on feast after feast after feast...

I then turned my sights to the Nords... Who seemed to be collecting vassels like crazy (over half of both the Swadian and Rhodoks had gone to them) and thus had a considerable army... They needed reducing... So I set forth with my army and attacked Jelbegi Castle... Quickly followed by Tihr... It was then that I recieved word of the Nord army seiging Knudarr... I decided that I had to press on with my plan and take the loss of Knudarr if need be... So I continued to take both Hrus and Chalbek castles before turning back towards Knudarr... It seems the Nords were not in a hurry as Knudarr had still not been taken (despite it being a ladder castle) and as soon as my army neared Jelbegi I saw the Nords ahead heading back to Sargoth... I double backed with my combined armies at met them on the bridge just north of the village of Ambean... The Nord infantry caught out in the open by my Knights were lambs to the slaughter... And afterwards I quickly took both Sargoth and Tehlrog Castle... A request for peace came quickly after in which I demanded Ismirala Castle and recieved it...

And thus is the current extend of the Kingdom of Itova...

I) The Beginning

I started my game as my usual games start: trading, fighting bandits and becoming a vassal of Vaegirs at some point. I helped them in some wars vs. Nords and Khergits but no fief except for the village of Uslum was granted to me ever. So I decided to trick king Yaroglek by letting the Nords besiege Alburq castle without helping to defend and conqering it back alone as soon as they were gone. So he had to assign it to me. (my friend Boyar Vlan was so nice to help me in the siege though)

Nords were quite decimated and I did the same thing with Wercheg as soon as Nords got it back. So two fiefs quite close together at one end of the map, that's something I could live with ...
But Nords took it back with an army of ~1000 men and our marshal (as usual) didn't arrive in time. So I decided to quit my allegiance to king Yaroglek since he and his Boyars never ever managed to defend a keep. Then I met Arwa the Pearled One and decided to support her cause. So I trained an army of 90 elite huscarls and marksmen ready to go at war with the Sarranids and their 1000 troops.

II) The Sarranid Arwanate

As soon as Khergits declared war on the Sarranids, I started my campaign in the eastern Sarranid territory. Soon Sharwa and Bardaq castles were ours. Emir Atis, who besieged the freshly conquered Bardaq castle alone could be convinced to join our cause together with his town of Barriye. Emir Quryas could be convinced too and was granted Bardaq castle. And that was it. No other Emir could be convinced to support Arwa, so we 3 had to fight the other 18 left. But since the Sarranids had to fight at several fronts, they only had bad trained troops and we managed to reach Shariz after about a 100 days of war and Arwa was made king of the Sarranids after conquering their last fief of Yammeyed castle. (Emir Dhiyul, their marshal, was a typical winning team joiner - he joined us after Shariz fell in our hands and only Yammeyed was left)

Arwa honored me and said we would stay friends. However, that *** did not even make me marshal, but Emir Nuwas, who didn't even support her cause. After about 50 more days of no war and growing distrust in my once admired Arwa, I claimed my elite troops of huscarls, marksmen and a few mamlukes and said good bye to Arwa and my ~10 fiefs. When I left I told her we could stay friends.

After some experiences with different people in Calradia one thing was clear: the only king that could be trusted was myself. After months in the desert I wishfully glanced towards the snowy regions of the Vaegir people, but except for their incompetence I liked the Vaegirs - and they liked me. So the snowy compromise was Sungetche castle which belonged to the Khergits (who declared war on Sarranids a few days after my departure). This was a good location to start my kingdom and soon Sungetche castle was conquered and the kingdom of Midgard was founded. And really - Arwa made her promise true, we stayed friends and she even accepted me as king.

III) The Kingdom

I used the time of war between Khergits and Sarranids to recruit as many Vaegir troops (which were closest) as possible. Lady Deshavi was granted the village of Bhulaban and she is one of my most loyal vassals ever since.
I needed vassals. Most Vaegir lords liked me and they were at war with Nords at the moment. So I tried to convince a few Vaegir lords without any fiefs or fiefs close to my capital to join my kingdom. The only one who accepted was Boyar Vuldrat, bringing with him the city of Khudan. (nice!)
So two vassals, a town and a castle and lots of hostile Khergits. However, my capital could be defended every time.

Recruiting Boyar Vuldrat apparently had not been a very wise decision, since Vaegirs declared war on me soon after his departure and peace treaty with Nords. Bad situation. The only safe way was north-east now. It was a hard time defending Sungetche castle vs. two factions from 2 sides, without being able to do an effective recruiting run because of the simple lack of time. As soon as the Khergit army was crushed, I had a few days time to sneak into Vaegir territory and recruit in the villages still liking me out of my Vaegir time. And after that the others, in this case the Vaegirs, besieged my capital. So all the way back, defending, recruiting, back, defending, recruiting ... it was really stressy and I soon ran out of men when I had to make an all or nothing decision: after the next wave of Khergits I gathered my troops (all but about ~30 left at Sungetche) and marched against Ichamur which really could be conquered.

With another vassal - lord Deglan - joining my kingdom, I wanted to grant him Sungetche castle and to move my capital to Ichamur. The funny thing: I got everything to do so, except for some silk for the flag. My minister said it would be impossible to move without the proper flag. I told her we could take the old one with us, but she declined.

So what now? I could grant Deglan Ichamur, but I wanted a town. I really needed a lord to handle the defense of one of my fiefs, I couldn't restock both. So again I made a risky decision: I garrisoned all of my troops in Sungetche and let Ichamur nearly undefended. Then I rode as fast as I could into Sarranid territory where I had lots of friendly villages with young recruits willing to join my army. (of course, no town I visited on the way had any silk for sale)

As expected, Ichamur was besieged and I didn't make it back in time. Sanjar Khan asked me for peace, but no, not now, I really wanted that Ichamur, I declined and with my hundred new trained recruits we nearly immediately took Ichamur back. After one more defense at the Vaegir front I sent an ambassador to Khergits and Vaegirs at the same time. Standing at the top of Sungetche castle tower I glanced east and decided that those king bastards will get what they give. If Yaroglek accepts my treaty, and Sanjar not, I would besiege Talbuk castle, and if the other way round, I would besiege Nelag castle. A win win situation for me except if none of them would accept my treaty. Sanjar Khan did. So i gathered my fellow Lords and Nelag castle soon was ours with Boyar Nelag trying to conquer it back (alone, of course, still an incompetent marshall I guess) with tears in his eyes.
And then, after a few more days of war the second treaty was signed. Just in time.
A sigh of relief.

The first thing that had to be done was to throw a feast. The second thing was to recruit tons of troops from all over the world to be prepared for the next war. And the third thing was to travel to Jelkala to buy some silk which allowed me to move my capital to Ichamur. (women! I wonder if she even used the silk for the flag ...)
Lord Harish and lord Devlian joined my kingdom (by themselves), and since all of them have low reputation I did only grant them a village.
Days passed, my troops were stocked up and trained and I walked past Tulbuk castle while chasing some steppe bandits. I had a chat with Sebula Noyan who eagerly joined my cause bringing his Tulbuk castle and an army of 190 men with him (high reputation, nice).
Of course, Sanjar Khan saw that as aggression and declared war again. But this time I was prepared and conquered the whole Khanate east of Malayurg castle (included). Since I wanted a centralized kingdom and Narra belonged to Vaegirs who I was at peace at this time, I decided to stop here when lord Belir joined me (winning team joiner).

Khergits only have 3 castles west of Narra left but still ~15 lords sitting in Rindyar castle (must be crowded). I'm just waiting for them to offer a treaty. Someone will wipe them out for sure. Not me most likely, at least not now. Expanding too quick without having enough lords to assign my 3-4 castles to is too dangerous.

Ah yes and one more funny thing:
Before my campaign with Arwa I made an agreement with Jarl Harald to marry his daughter Lady Kaeteli. After giving him all my cash he told me to send me an invitation as soon as the ceremony is prepared.
I had to use the opportunity with Sarranids at war with Khergits to start my campaign, and so I did. The days passed, Sarranids were conquered and still no invitation after about 150 days of conquest and waiting. I decided to take a look what's happening at Knudarr castle afterwards with Jarl Harald sitting alone with his daughter in the castle, no food and no wine left and no more guests. "I knew I forgot something" he said. "To send an invitation to the groom".
Confused old man ...

munchiepoo said:
Haha these are funny but my Kingdoms always fall with in the first few days to be honest.
That's my line!  :grin:
Bears said:
Kingdom of... Kingdom of... Ahh i cant do this! My kingdom will only last days anyway until it gets destroyed.

And then I crawl back to the ones who Defeated me crying "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAAAAAAAAAAAA Please let me go back:smile:" or I join another faction and pretend nothing happend.

it was that blonde nordic princess that led me to my kingdom.

Despite starting out in the Swadians, Ragnar of the Nords offered me vassalship. And thats where i met my Lady Afrid.

it so happens that Her dad likes getting captured by the Vaegirs and later the Swadians.

so after busting him out few times, it was a cinch to get permission and he paid for most of the dowry too.

Kingdom of Gurd came about because Ragnar got greedy. Despite our ( my ) winning ways, every single fief was awarded to his cronies and not to the other lords, resulting in a steady defection of lords from our ( my ) cause. It was clear that rebellion was the only way to save Nordia and so i met and supported the pretender, ousted Ragnar and proceeded to conquer the rest of Calradia.

Well, here is how it started....
I was a vassel of the swadians and we were at war with the khergits and I managed to pass throught enemy lines with my elite sieging army (50 Nord Huscarls) and then besieged Tulbuk Castle and since the khergits were busy besieging Dhirim, they were too far away to come in time. After the bloody battle, 180 Khergits were dead and only 6 of my men killed, I requested that Tulbuk Castle be awarded to me.

After a day of thinking, the king decided it would be best to give Tulbuk Castle and Tulbuk to Count Klargus.
And thats when I created the Eastern Nordic Empire.

Current Stats:
We have 7 armies, including mine. Each one is about 110 strong.
We have 750 men garrisoned in 2 castles and 1 town.
We are at war with the khergits and the swadians.
Our culture is Nord.
We currently hold:
Tulbuk Castle (Where I reside) , Tulbuk
Ichamur, Dirigh Abahn and Ada Kulun
Distar Castle, Buluger
6 loyal vassals.
10,000 denar in the treasury, and 9000 denar in my purse.

Some maps of my Empire:
281v9kl.gif
2r7x4et.jpg

In the first picture, red is what I had when I started, and blue is the current empire.
In the second piture, blue is when I started, and red is the current empire.

And i'm taking advantage that we are at war with the khergits, since they suck at defending!  :grin:

how do you do this,and how many troops do u keep in you're castles/towns and what tier? I can't name my Kingdom...it's useless cos I will just get destroyed really quick:smile: :cry:

I keep my recruits/footmen with me so I can train them and my higher tier troops in the castle/ citys so that we can defend them if needed.

To upkeep my kingdom and my army fed, I go alone (or with 10 huscarls) on a trade route and to loot enemy villages...

The most of the kingdoms army is medium tier, with some high tier and the rest recruits, footmen.

munchiepoo said:
how do you do this,and how many troops do u keep in you're castles/towns and what tier? I can't name my Kingdom...it's useless cos I will just get destroyed really quick:smile: :cry:

Have a pack of Knights in your army... And generally you can take out basically any AI army you meet on the field... Try to draw them out to the battlefield though.

Keep your high tier men in the castles... Lots of Huscarls and Archers... Take the recuits with you to train while at peace (or even while not if you can run fast lol) then once trained dump them in the castles/towns...

When you declear indepedence immediately request peace... And general rule of thumb only declear independence when your mother kingdom is at war with 2 or more... That way they will accept your peace and give you a breather to recuit vassels and the like.

For those of you who havent already read part 2 of my story, read it. If you didnt read any read it.

Keep posting guys, fun to read.

Day 2200 - still a loyal vassal for My Lord Fatty Harlaus

Oh wait - I must be mad not to have made my own Kingdom!!!

XT_Billy said:
The stories are amazing and with many details.
Keep them coming !!!

I really enjoy them!! :smile:

I really enjoy them as well, however i would like people to post more.
It doesnt have to be real long it could just be a paragraph, however if you want to write as much as I did then be my guest!

Back
Top Bottom