Companion like and dislike [spoiler]

Users who are viewing this thread

Dark Elf

Squire
Anyone play long enough to know which companion like/dislike each other?

Edited by Idibil:

Possible Companions are:

-Osmund
-Aleifr
-Eithne
-Athrwys ap Gwawrddur
-Frioc
-Bodero
-Bridei
-Siwi
-Lothar
-Ceawlin
-Gwenllian
-Orosio
-Liuva
-Brian
-Agasicles
-Aedh
-Ciniod
-Onuist
-Eadwin
-Mihael ap Cadwalladr
-Ultan
-Inka
-Eadfrith Cearling
-Matui Turthail
-Clovis
-Connor mac Odhrain

Yeah, I've sort of taken for granted that I know all the M&B companion compatibilities, but I can only connect a few of the characters in Brytenwalda to their Calradian counterparts.  Plus, there's extras.  I personally don't enjoy this problem-solving minigame to get a stable group of companions; is there any chance we could get some hints?  I didn't pay close enough attention when they first started complaining, and now I don't even know who's pissed at whom.

for likes I've come up with
Lothar & Eithne
Orosio & Bodero
Athrws ap (something) & Frioc
Brian & Agasicles
Aleifr is the trader but I haven't been able to find his partner before he gets mad and leaves.

I haven't kept track of who doesn't like each other.  But I agree, this isn't an entertaining part of the game.

I got some bits too, but i started to takes notes too late, and some may be wrong (i got 3 dislikes for Ultan  :razz:)

Aleifr & Osmund
Inka & Eadfrith C.
Liuva & Siwi

Dislikes:

Aleifr - Lothar

Ultan - Congal
        - Onuist
        - Eadfrith C.

Bridei - Osmund

Agasicles - Aedth
              - Orosio

Brian - Eithne

Domnaill - Clovis
              - Congal

Clovis - Eadfrith C.
          - Domnaill

Three dislikes concerning Eadfrith c
Edwin dislikes him
Domnell Likes him? (eadfrith doesnt like him though.)
And Gwtono dislikes him ( Or whatever his name is)

Forgive any misspellings but this is what I've found so far:

Character

Dislikes

Aedh

- Osmund

- Bridie

- Agasicles

Agasicles

- Ciniod

- Brian

- Orosio

- Aedh

Aleifr

- Frioc

- Osmund

- Lothar

Athrwys ap Gwawrddur

- Bridie

- Frioc

- Ceawlin

Bodero

- Gwenllian

- Orosio

Brian

- Caewlin

- Agasicles

- Eithne

Bridie

- Onuist

- Aedh

- Athrwys ap Gwawrddur

- Osmund

Ceawlin

- Athrwys ap Gwawrddur

- Gwenllian

- Brian

Ciniod

- Agasicles

- Inka

- Gwenwillian

Clovis

- Eadfrith Cearling

- Congal

- Domnail

Congal

- Ultan

- Domnail

- Domnail (He likes and dislikes him)

- Clovis

Domnail

- Clovis

- Congal

- Eadfrith Cearling

Eadfrith Cearling

- Ultan

- Domnail

- Edwin

- Clovis

- Gwydno

Edwin

- Eadfrith Cearling

- Gwydno

Eithne

- Siwi

- Brian

Frioc

- Aleifr

- Athrwys ap Gwawrddur

- Gwenllian

Gwenllian

- Frioc

- Ceawlin

- Bodero

- Ciniod

Gwydno

- Edwin

- Inka

- Eadfrith Cearling

Inka

- Onuist

- Ultan

- Ciniod

- Edwin

Liuva

- Lothar

- Siwi

Lothar

- Liuva

- Aleifr

Onuist

- Bridie

- Inka

- Orosio

Orosio

- Siwi

- Bodero

- Agasicles

- Onuist

Osmund

- Bridie

- Aleifr

- Adeh

Siwi

- Orosio

- Liuva

- Eithne

Ultan

- Eadfrith Cearling

- Inka

- Congal

Yeah, I have in my notes that Domnail dislikes Cogal, but that Cogal likes Domnail...

Did the 1.2 patch change any companion relationships? All my info is from 1.1 :mad:

Additional info from my research:

Additional companion: Brian

Dislikes:

Ciniod and Gwenwillian, Caewlin and Brian, Onuist and Orosio

Bridie and Aedh, Frioc and Athrwys, Ultan and Inka

So I went so far as to go into the files to see what I could find, and I discovered that 16 of the characters are renamed and have new stories, but their likes and dislikes remain the same.  Their dialogue can be misleading, and some genders have even changed.  Here's what I found:

A list, in order, of the new characters and their old aliases:

Osmund/Borcha A
Aleifr/Marnid
Eithne/Ymira H
Athrwys/Rolf B
Frioc/Baheshtur B
Bodero/Firentis F
Bridei/Deshavi P
Siwi/Matheld F
Lothar/Alayen F
Ceawlin/bunduk S
Gwenllian/Katrin B
Orioso/Jeremus F
Liuva/Nizar F
Brian/Lezalit H
Agasicles/Artimenner F
Aedh/Klethi

I also included a letter after the name to indicate if they are Briton, Angle, Saxon, Hibernian, Pict, or foreign (if you anybody cares for roleplay purposes).

That leaves 10 names:

Ciniod P Agasicles
Onuist P Orioso
Edwin Gwydno
Gwydno B Edwin
Ultan Eadfrith, Onuist
Inka F
Eadfrith
Domnaill H Congol, Clovis
Clovis F Eadfrith
Congol H

I have struck out their dislikes, and ignored the likes.

As you can see, there's a lot of missing data, but some of this stuff is just hard to put together in-game.  Hope this helps some of you.

td_klondike said:
So I went so far as to go into the files to see what I could find, and I discovered that 16 of the characters are renamed and have new stories, but their likes and dislikes remain the same.  Their dialogue can be misleading, and some genders have even changed.  Here's what I found:

A list, in order, of the new characters and their old aliases:

Osmund/Borcha A
Aleifr/Marnid
Eithne/Ymira H
Athrwys/Rolf B
Frioc/Baheshtur B
Bodero/Firentis F
Bridei/Deshavi P
Siwi/Matheld F
Lothar/Alayen F
Ceawlin/bunduk S
Gwenllian/Katrin B
Orioso/Jeremus F
Liuva/Nizar F
Brian/Lezalit H
Agasicles/Artimenner F
Aedh/Klethi

I also included a letter after the name to indicate if they are Briton, Angle, Saxon, Hibernian, Pict, or foreign (if you anybody cares for roleplay purposes).

That leaves 10 names:

Ciniod P Agasicles
Onuist P Orioso
Edwin Gwydno
Gwydno B Edwin
Ultan Eadfrith, Onuist
Inka F
Eadfrith
Domnaill H Congol, Clovis
Clovis F Eadfrith
Congol H

I have struck out their dislikes, and ignored the likes.

As you can see, there's a lot of missing data, but some of this stuff is just hard to put together in-game.  Hope this helps some of you.

1) Did you use anything special  to read the files?

2) How does the race factor in? Do certain races not get along?

I used notepad ++ because it's easy to search through a large amount of text, but you could use windows notepad if you had the patience.  In native, each of the 16 companions is assigned a number, and I believe the simple triggers file is what causes the companions to like or dislike each other.  The easiest way to convert from Calradian characters to new ones, then, is just to rename and reequip them.  In gameplay, I've found that the converted native characters do have the same likes and dislikes, so the real mystery is what the new ones like or dislike.

The race does not factor in at all.  Not one bit.  But, if you wanted to roleplay an Angle-hating Briton, you may not want an Angle in your party.  That's all, nothing more.  A few characters don't have a well defined race, anyway.

td_klondike said:
I used notepad ++ because it's easy to search through a large amount of text, but you could use windows notepad if you had the patience.  In native, each of the 16 companions is assigned a number, and I believe the simple triggers file is what causes the companions to like or dislike each other.  The easiest way to convert from Calradian characters to new ones, then, is just to rename and reequip them.  In gameplay, I've found that the converted native characters do have the same likes and dislikes, so the real mystery is what the new ones like or dislike.

The race does not factor in at all.  Not one bit.  But, if you wanted to roleplay an Angle-hating Briton, you may not want an Angle in your party.  That's all, nothing more.  A few characters don't have a well defined race, anyway.

Hmmm, didn't know any of the files were accesible that way. I'll look into that.

I think you have bridei (I had her whine about Athrwys not being nice) and aedh flip-flopped, otherwise you're dead on about the original 16.

Modified graphic
MB_BW_Companions.gif

Combined list of new companion dislikes (thank you td_klondike, and SleeStak ):

Ciniod P Agasicles, Gwenwillian, Inka
Congol Clovis, Ultan
Clovis F Congol, Domnail, Eadfrith
Domnaill H Congol, Clovis, Eadfrith
Eadfrith  Clovis, Domnail, Edwin, Gwydno, Ultan
Edwin Eadfrith, Gwydno
Gwydno B Eadfrith, Edwin
Inka F Ciniod, Onuist,
Onuist P Bridie, Inka, Orioso
Ultan Congal, Eadfrith, Onuist,

Now, how to represent the additional companions in graphic form...

Puritan said:
td_klondike said:

Hmmm, didn't know any of the files were accesible that way. I'll look into that.

I think you have bridei (I had her whine about Athrwys not being nice) and aedh flip-flopped, otherwise you're dead on about the original 16.

Modified graphic
MB_BW_Companions.gif

Congol Clovis, Ultan
Eadfrith  Clovis, Domnail, Edwin, Ultan
Edwin Eadfrith, Gwydno
Gwydno B Edwin
Inka F Ciniod, Onuist,

Wow. Great work

Idibil, maybe you guys should put that info on the companion screen. Something like "Lothar likes ... and ..., but he doesn't get along with ...."

Maybe that could be added after the quarrels and approvals between the companion (ex: Lothar) take place, maybe it could be shown right away, but in either case it would help greatly and help us avoid much of the frustration.

Idibil said:
Puritan said:
td_klondike said:

Modified graphic
MB_BW_Companions.gif

Congol Clovis, Ultan
Eadfrith  Clovis, Domnail, Edwin, Ultan
Edwin Eadfrith, Gwydno
Gwydno B Edwin
Inka F Ciniod, Onuist,

Wow. Great work

So it's accurate? :grin:

Everything is correct, though not 100% complete.  I noticed the other day that Gwydno doesn't like Eadfrith, either.  He's a total jerk, nobody likes him.

td_londike and all,

My table is definitely not complete, slowly but surely I'm adding to it as I discover likes and dislikes in game, but I haven't broken into the files yet to get a conlcusive list.  I am trying to keep it as up to date as I can though so, as I find new relationships, I add them.  Also, if I check this topic and other people have posted new relationships, I'll add them too (I've added the Gwydno - Eadfrith dislike for instance).  When I originally did the table, I presumed that the relationships went both ways (ie if Gwydno didn't like Eadfrith then Eadfrith doesn't like Gwydno) but I'm finding that that isn't necessarily the case.  So their might have to be some editting to get the relationships correct.

Once I get some free time, I'll put all of this into a database and put together some stable groups, pull out the starting skills and cost of joining, etc.

So, if you find relationships that aren't in my original table, please post them. 

Back
Top Bottom