SP Modern Apocalypse GUTS (Gory Urban Terror Survival) [Suspended]

Users who are viewing this thread

Stelious

Sergeant at Arms
GUTS

(Gory Urban Terror Survival)

GUTS is a singleplayer modern themed zombie survival mod intended for Warband.

Features

-City: All buildings and houses act like castles and can be captured for suplies, ammos, food and medicine.

-Lone Player: Player can only recruit soldiers rarely from conquered buildings, and can hold up maximum 4-5 soldiers, which all are killable but also customizable.

-Household Items: Player also loots items like jewelery, clothes, electronics as selling items, or kitchen knives, frying pan, hammer as improvised weapons.

-Modern Firearms: The gun merchant sells every type of weaponry from pistols to machineguns, from shotguns to rocketlaunchers.

To Do List

Map

-World Map (%60)
-Map icons (%0)
-Custom scenes (%0)
-Random scenes (%0)
-Scene Props (%0)

Items

-Melee weapons (%80)
-Ranged weapons (%4)
-Custom animations for weapons (%0)
-Armours (%0)

Others

-2 layered zombie face ( On progress)
-Custom zombie animations/zombie shuffle (%0)
-Ammo type seperation (No result yet)

And here's the signature made by Nodscouter:
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,132034.0.html][IMG]http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/1897/gutsbanner.jpg[/IMG][/url]]

From old post
This is the first concept idea.

I know there are already some zombie mods around, but this concept is a lil pushin' it to the limits, it's more than adding large unarmed armies. To begin with, here are the key features:

Party

In my opinion, it's not thrilling to fight a zombie horde with an army. So i think party limit should be max 4-5. No NPCs either cuz then it would be another L4D. The player should be sometimes even alone. However, like with NPCs player should equip recruits.

Map

May be smaller than native, but since it would be a city it would be full of buildings, which all would be flagged as castles or cities, so every building and house on the map would become enterable and have a name.

Buildings

Surely, most of the buildings would be zombie occupied and would be siegable by the player. Conquered buildings reward with weapons, equipment, food, ammo according to the type of the building. However these buildings later would be automatically reoccupied by zombies, in order to be sieged again. (It's like everytime you realize you ran out of cookies, you visit the market, shoot some zombies and get some cookies)

Battlefield

If you read above, then you may have realised battles are mostly indoors, but still you may encounter wandering zombies on the streets (like sea raiders). As to the street battles it would be a little different then conventional battles. You don't have a horse to begin with! and can't go riding around and swing your axe without getting hurt. I hope to get the player start in the middle of a crossroad with zombies coming from all 4 directions, slowly.

All modelers and coders are welcome.

Looks interesting...
The first problem: Ask HokieBT. He managed to make lots of ammo types for his "Star Wars Conquest" mod.
About the second one, I can't tell you. I can tell you how to refill an agent's ammo during combat, but not the other one, sorry.
Try using search, some people might have developed a script or something.

You would have to make a trigger in mission_templates.py to delete the item from the inventory when it runs out of ammo. If you don't run out of ammo, you would have to find a way to save the ammo you have left to use for the next battle. Not sure how, but I'm sure there is a way.

Not being a scripter here, but couldn't you perhaps do an ammo item for each number of ammo left(Like one ammo item 30 buckshots, one for 29, one for 28 etc.)? So that way you could do some script that at the end of the battle, the ammo that you have left could replace the ammo before? Anyway, I'm a modeller, working mostly with guns, so I could help

24522951.jpg
Here's an M16 I made some time ago, if you want it I could try to texture it and send it to ya.

thats not a bad attempt the buttstock is a little too long make it shorter and also thats an m4 not an m16 you need to change the buttstock and grip

it should look like this:
images

I always get the M16 and M4 mixed up, I really thought I had finally got it, and is that a picture of a M16 or a M4?

Thanx for the tip Lumos. Checked out the SWC mod, awesome mod indeed. But my definition on ammo types were certain types for certain ammos, like a 9mm pistol only uses 9mm bullets. In SWC again there are 3 different ranged weapons: archery renamed as force, crossbows renamed as rifle and firearm renamed as pistol. Yes there are many types of ammos, but all rifles can use all rifle ammo and all pistols can use all pistol ammo. There is also a experimental rpg in the game but it is again flagged as rifle and can also use rifle ammo.

Then you may ask why do i need 8 different flags for ranged weapons. It's because i don't want a semi-auto handgun use the same ammo as a magnum or a SMG, or a shotgun using the same ammo as a rifle or a machinegun.

Speaking about ammo types, the 8 different i intend to use are: pistol, magnum, SMG, shotgun, rifle, assault rifle, machinegun, explosive

As for the m4/16, thanx for the offer nodscouter :smile:

But i've already made some models earlier which i intend to use

13480770.png

the polies of the one above is partially decreased

Thanx, some free-time works, needs some fixes, but as i mentioned earlier, before modeling i need scripting, cuz i believe i won't experience a dead-end with modeling, but scripting is limited by original gameplay. So i gotta see where i can go.

Stelious said:
As for the m4/16, thanx for the offer nodscouter :smile:

But i've already made some models earlier which i intend to use

13480770.png

the polies of the one above is partially decreased
now that is more like it brilliantly made and accurate for the second one how are you going to get the character to hold the grip

It's not that I plan to use the exact same model. There are five AR-15 variants i have on mind, which are traditional m16 and m4 with carrying handle, modern m4 with picannyrail, Z-M LR-300 and short m4 with drummag. I don't intend using any grips or stuff on assault rifles.

Though i plan to make SMGs with grip and be shot from hip. Can be made with adding animation.

Die Slow And Pain said:
What kind of zombies are you planning on to put in? (do the real ones, the slow ones :grin: ) and will their be lots of melee weapons?

Very nice question DSAP, here comes the 3rd challenge with that question. Honestly i hate the concept of running zombie. Looks like another exaggerated hollywood crap and it's unrealistic. Zombies go blind, senseless and lose most of their brain functionality, how can you expect them to run, while they can hardly stand?

The challenge: Zombie Shuffle

It's simply walking animation, but with many variations. As i figured in mind there can be 5-10 different steps like in one it bends left, in another takes a big step forward. So if these steps are to be named as A,B,C... then the movement of a single zombie should be like ACBACACBBAC... and all others unique.

This way what you have looks more like a horde than a unified army.

P.S

I plan to put many household items as melee weapons, like frying pan, roller pin etc. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom