UPDATED! - 'Polished Landscapes' & 'Diplomacy' with Warband 1.134 for Dummies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Updated to Warband 1.132, also works for 1.134!

Now contains the Tulga Tavern fix, the Idbeles castle fix, and the modified BRF file for the missing yellow_leaf mesh fix!

Official 'Polished Landscapes' thread here!

It can't get simpler than this, it doesn't matter which version of Diplomacy you have. It also works with any 'Diplomacy' + 'Pike & Blade' merge. This contains the latest version of Polished Landscapes with all fixes included.

Download Here

Installation Instructions

1. Make sure you have a (clean*) version of Diplomacy correctly installed.
1. Download the file in the link above.
2. Open the file. If your computer can't open it, download and install WinRAR. It's an archive application, 100% safe and one of the best around.
3. Once you have opened the downloaded file, you will see a folder called "Diplomacy". Now drag this folder to your ...\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\ directory. There is already a "Diplomacy" folder there, so your computer will ask if it should overwrite the old files with the new files. Choose "Yes to all" for everything.
4. Start the Mount & Blade launcher, choose Diplomacy as the module you want to play, click 'Play Mount&Blade' and enjoy the awesome graphics of Polished Landscapes!

*If your current Diplomacy installation is not clean (i.e. you made adjustments) and you manually edited your Module.ini file, then extract all files in the archive to your Modules\Diplomacy folder except the included Module.ini. Instead, open your current Module.ini and do the following:

In Module.ini add the following lines:

load_mod_resource = env_materials
load_mod_resource = map_tree_meshes
load_mod_resource = particle_meshes
load_mod_resource = tree_meshes
load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes
load_mod_resource = grass_meshes
load_mod_resource = plant_meshes
load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes_b
load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes_c
load_mod_resource = grass_meshes_b
load_mod_resource = tree_e_meshes
load_mod_resource = terrain_borders
load_mod_resource = particles_2

And then change the following lines by adding a "#" before them:

#load_resource = map_tree_meshes
#load_resource = particle_meshes
#load_resource = tree_meshes
#load_resource = xtree_meshes
#load_resource = grass_meshes
#load_resource = plant_meshes
#load_resource = xtree_meshes_b
#load_resource = xtree_meshes_c
#load_resource = grass_meshes_b
#load_resource = tree_e_meshes
#load_resource = terrain_borders
#load_resource = particles_2

Save the changes and close the file, done!

Known Issues
Note that I personally don't have anything to do with the development of Polished Landscapes, I am just listing the known issues I know of here. These apply to Polished Landscapes in general, not to this specific installation:

* Some people report invisible barriers in some scenes (though I haven't encountered one myself yet). There seems to be a big one in the Grunwalder Castle siege. EDIT: After months of playing, I still haven't encountered such a problem. I consider it false alarm.

Credits
Gutekfiutek created Polished Landscapes
Senag2 corrected the Scenes for Warband 1.127
Kypsis fixed the Idbeles Castle exterior
I myself fixed the Tulga Tavern interior

You guys are plain awesome, thanks a lot!

Last time I tried PL (and admittedly a second mod) I kept getting runtime errors after a few minutes in battle. I hope that that's not going to happen now!

Doh, Crashed twice (though noticeably it runs longer than when I first tried). First was some kind of FX error followed by an RGL error when closing the looting screen, second one was a runtime error in battle.

Folkzweise said:
have you checked "load textures on demand" ? if not that's whats most likely cause the crash.

Yes, make sure you have that enabled. You can find it in the M&B Launcher, click Configure and open the Video tab.

Can anyone confirm they got it working? It's unlikely I made a mistake, but it's good to have a confirmation that it works for at least some people.

works perfectly fine. only issue i had is that i had to start a new game because i forget to backup my items.txt  :cry:

:evil: ive been working all day trying getting my personal mod to something like this and you out and trump me. I curse you and salute you at the same time. Great work  :mrgreen:

This may not be the place to post issues since the OP is not the mod dev, but here it is anyway:

I did the following installation: Diplo 2.8, PL+Diplo merge (it's an actual download that says it's 2.8 compatible), and Pike N BLade + Diplo. All the latest, all say they are compatible with Diplo 2.8.

Everything seems fine except I have the transparent heraldry issue. That and trees in the Tulga tavern.

I did see one post about fixing the transparency issue, but that required playing in Native. I'd love to know *exactly* what causes the transparency and if I can just adjust some lines of code in my current install...

tanelorn said:
This may not be the place to post issues since the OP is not the mod dev, but here it is anyway:

I did the following installation: Diplo 2.8, PL+Diplo merge (it's an actual download that says it's 2.8 compatible), and Pike N BLade + Diplo. All the latest, all say they are compatible with Diplo 2.8.

Everything seems fine except I have the transparent heraldry issue. That and trees in the Tulga tavern.

I did see one post about fixing the transparency issue, but that required playing in Native. I'd love to know *exactly* what causes the transparency and if I can just adjust some lines of code in my current install...

I had the heraldry problem in one of my previous installations, but I forgot completely how to fix it. Let me think for a moment, maybe I'll remember what it was about...

Anyway, I play Diplomacy 2.8 + Pike & Blade + Polished Landscapes as well, so it's definitely possible. Just install the Dipl 2.8/Pike & Blade merge that you can find at about the end of the Pike & Blade thread, and then install Polished Landscapes in my OP in this thread over it.

The trees in Tulga tavern is a known issue, check the OP. It's a matter of waiting for the next update, I am not really bothered by it though.

EDIT: Wrote a little installation guide for the mods you want, if you do install it like this exactly, your problems should be gone:

Captain_Octavius said:
Try downloading and installing the following in this order:

1. Diplomacy 2.8, install this first and make sure your Native is a clean Native, because the Diplomacy installer copies your Native module and then edits in all the changes afterwards.

2. Pike&Blade/Dipl.2.8 merge, copy the contents over your clean Diplomacy 2.8 installation.

3. Polished Landscapes-Diplomacy installation, copy the contents over the Diplomacy module.

That should do the trick. Especially step 1, about the clean Native installation, is important. If you made changes to Native before installing Diplomacy, you risk bugs.

Sorry for double post, got to get your attention. I fixed the Tulga tavern, removed the trees and grass in there.

Download Tulga Tavern fix

Download is a RAR archive. Extract-and-Overwrite the file inside the RAR archive to the "SceneObj" folder of your Diplomacy module. You naturally need to have Polished Landscapes installed.

If someone can confirm the fix works and all trees/grass is gone in the Tulga tavern, I will include it in the download in the OP, and put the above link there as well, for those who already installed it.

Thanks for testing!

after installing i get a ctd and the following RGL ERROR:

get_object failed for mesh: prt_mesh_yrellow_leaf_a....

guess it is the yRellow what is causing the problem. going to try to correct it.

EDIT:

found it in the particle_systems.txt

changed the yrellow to yellow but the problem is still there, cant load the mesh.

must be something else, leave the yrellow unchanged

EDIT2::::::::.............

had to copy the missing file from the native game to the mod_particles_2.

seems to work now.

EDIT3:::::::::::::::................................

here is the link to the file,

http://www.fileuploadx.de/434588

MAKE A BACKUP OF THE ORIGINAL FILE and then just replace the original in the "Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Diplomacy\Resource" folder with the downloaded file.

it is my first time ever to modify a .brf file but like i already said: it works for me.

Back
Top Bottom