Persistant-world map

Should the mines be:

• Like a labyrinth where youd spend your first 15 minutes in them just exploring (while lost) filled w

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Straight forward mine, i dont want to explore or get lost underground.

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys, im the maker of the map with the underground mines etc, im atm making an overhawl to make it more visually appealing.
Any ideas about what you would like to see in the map would be greatly appreciated. and added in if good, nothing is too complicated or hard to make, for example atm im replacing the village with the rooftop ladders with helmsdeep, and the mines behind helms deep as the second underground mines :smile:
Also im making it fps friendly, (if you noticed, there was no lagg even tho there is so much to do on the map :smile:

current list being added:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
adding able to go on top of keep (of the biggest castle)
adding money chests to all castles
adding small palisade villages
adding coin banks ( to points fof interest: e.g coin bank outside bandit camp in the mines so that bandits  or other factions can "rent" the 5k mines for a % of the incoming ppl get from it. or allow castles to "sell" entry to their castle with the rarest of weapons)
adding 3 hidden bandit lairs with gates make it more fluently fused and prevent idiots from locking them and leaving server.
Adding Money income from rare wood in the forrest (go lumberjacks !)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current improvements being done:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
working on seamless transition between different zones woodland-hill area- plains+roads

Would you like the following if they were added:
add pistol ? (secretely hidden ofc)
add starter sword racks to spawns (cheap 500 denari weapons)
add tavern in viking village
improved defenses of bandit houses?
Fixes:
add shields to middle castle
Questions from me to you:
Would you prefer helms deep mines to be open on the enside(quarry style but covered *with roof of stones* and perhaps stalagtites ?) or small and narrow corridors, or like the current mine ?

On scale of 1 to 10, what defense level should bandit lairs have ? (how hard should they be to take over) 10 being highest

EDIT: What should the map be called ?

yup same as the other dude
no pistol but the rest looks good

i would love small corrisors
i say 4 defence for bandit lairs

Is it possible to add the "earn money" property to any kind of item? I always figured it would be pretty good for RP if you had workable fields, or maybe a spot in the tavern with that property as well. As an additional benefit, this would make it harder for bandits to control all sources of wealth for neutrals at the same time.

I am very much in favor of the starter sword rack. I currently always use the "secret" weapons cache, but I always feel like a bit of a cheater doing that.

As for the visuals, I always thought that the map could use some water. Not a huge lake like the other one, but maybe a shallow river with a bridge leading over it or something like that. This would make for an interesting battle site as well as breaking up the "road and hills"-monotony.

monsterfurby said:
Is it possible to add the "earn money" property to any kind of item? I always figured it would be pretty good for RP if you had workable fields, or maybe a spot in the tavern with that property as well. As an additional benefit, this would make it harder for bandits to control all sources of wealth for neutrals at the same time.

I am very much in favor of the starter sword rack. I currently always use the "secret" weapons cache, but I always feel like a bit of a cheater doing that.

As for the visuals, I always thought that the map could use some water. Not a huge lake like the other one, but maybe a shallow river with a bridge leading over it or something like that. This would make for an interesting battle site as well as breaking up the "road and hills"-monotony.

Yes I like that idea - could be a little more fun to earn money in different ways.

Also - Maybe you could work in a field to get wheat, go to a mill/bakery and get bread and using that would give u hp?

I would like the ladders to be the "siege" entrance, not the maingate using secret winches, so groups are ****ed if they have noone knowing where they are. But its a pretty nice map so far, I love the castle on the mountain. And I will find your pistol as I found it on the other map :razz:

LeGouchier said:
I would like the ladders to be the "siege" entrance, not the maingate using secret winches, so groups are ****ed if they have noone knowing where they are. But its a pretty nice map so far, I love the castle on the mountain. And I will find your pistol as I found it on the other map :razz:

I agree. The first idea when trying to siege a castle should be "let's raise ladders", not "let's look for a winch hidden in the rocks".  Backdoors (mine to chapel palisades) should remain, though.

EDIT: Opening the gate from the outside also takes away the opportunity to have a battle about the gatehouse, which I imagine can be quite fun.

I think the "stone city" (the one opposite of the central castle) should be reworked heavily into an actual city (you could make it a cave-ish city). The ladder should be removed and a stair should replace it, the ladder looks out of place and it makes it impossible to attack if an enemy closes himself inside (and impossible to access if he kills himself after moving the ladder up).

Next suggestion: all castles should have two ladders that are in opposite position of each other, otherwise archer's can kill any attacker coming up the ladder (YES I AM LOOKING AT YOU HILL TOP CASTLE ON THE CURRENT MAP), this also makes it necessary to split forces to cover each ladder or move all forces inside another position.

You've probably already made it easier, but I believe the stones should be easier to jump on top of in order to get inside the bandit lair inside the underground mine.

Seconding Tavern, no secret winches, "factional castles" (people will fight to control the castle with their favorite weapons) and low-medium defense for bandit lairs.

i agree, but...

it is possible to take the top castle, you just have to use the trees and stick to the walls to the left and right

people die so quickly because they worry more about getting the ladder up than taking out the archers

i know this because i witnessed 3 attacks that failed and participated (as a nude mace wielding psycho) in the 4th assault, which also failed epicly

it is possible though

Used said:
i agree, but...

it is possible to take the top castle, you just have to use the trees and stick to the walls to the left and right

people die so quickly because they worry more about getting the ladder up than taking out the archers

i know this because i witnessed 3 attacks that failed and participated (as a nude mace wielding psycho) in the 4th assault, which also failed epicly

it is possible though

It is possible, two days ago about 8 greens assaulted the castle which was held by about 15 reds and we had a very nice skirmish with only me and PisGeel surviving it. But we managed to get in only because they had few archers.

Right now, it's just too hard to take that castle, if one of the ladders would be on the opposite wall then it would be easier and less frustrating for the attackers, which is what I am suggesting.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but you can cover every possible direction from that castle, if you get 5 archers not even one person will get on the walls. Moving the ladder to the opposite wall will force the defenders to split their archers and make it possible for the attackers to get inside without requiring three times the number of the defenders.

Bite Me said:
TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEERN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, the tavern needs a bottomless pit to kick people into. Only then would that exclamation become something between awesome and fad-tastic.

another location for heavy lance would be good, once one faction gets the hilltop castle their opponents have weaker cav. this gives the hilltop castle both advantage at home and in the field.
bandit hideout and small mine are great, even more little places like this would add more options to everyone

Thx for all the feedback all of you, i will make the castles faction orientaded.
Atm im currently doing helms deep + the mines attached to its back.
So far the mines have 3 floors, adding poll to the thread. do you guys want mines that you will be lost in them for 15 min exploring, or straight forward exits etc. ?

Back
Top Bottom