New Patch v1.127 crashes my game

Users who are viewing this thread

Sheaffe

Recruit
steam has recently updated my game to the new patch (1.127)

whenever i try and host a multiplayer game it crashes after loading the map.
same goes for single player.
if i try to customize my players age it will also crash.
(haven't been able to test joining a multiplayer game as servers are not up-to-date yet.
previous versions have worked.

i have tried fiddling with graphics, reboots, complete re-installs and unfortunately none have made a difference.

:sad:

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Same thing, only works when I put directx7. I have brand new laptop and until last few patches played Warband on full graphics settings.

Please fix this because it's not a minor bug - the game is completely unplayable.

Actually I don't think it's the same issue as yours, Yoshi, even with all graphical options disabled and directx7, it still crashes.

This is happening to me as well. Just tried re-installing, re-downloading installing, then rebooting. DX7 is also not working.

Crashing as soon as the map loads.

Mine is crashing as well, though it has only happens in battles so far... usually 40 seconds to 1 minute in, it just CTD's.

Mine crashes as soon as I click anything in the start up menu. Like If I hit load game or new game. (I don't mean the patch menu)

Apparently, it crashes as soon as damage is inflicted. It runs fine until someone hits something. Kinda weird. Gonna reinstall again, just to be sure.
edit : nevermind, it's random. It does instantly crash when someone uses a ranged weapon, though. Also crashes when a battle ends.
re edit : now for the weirdest, mods run just fine.

yugop said:
Apparently, it crashes as soon as damage is inflicted. It runs fine until someone hits something. Kinda weird. Gonna reinstall again, just to be sure.
edit : nevermind, it's random. It does instantly crash when someone uses a ranged weapon, though. Also crashes when a battle ends.
re edit : now for the weirdest, mods run just fine.

What mod are you using? Might be able to use it to pinpoint the problem.

The Crpg mod. It's strange because apart from new items and the connection to the database, there's basically no changes that could possibly fix this kind of problem.
Oh and of course, not using any sound/graphic mod with native, blood and ragdolls disabled and so on.

EDIT : without changing anything, it kinda fixed itself.

I just had three consecutive CTD's, without mods, using the new patch. Single and Multiplayer...

Hm. Not really sure what to do, other than just bring it up I suppose.

**Edit**
I downgraded my install to 1.126 and that seemed to fix the issue.

Ok, for me it's fixed.

Try uninstalling the game, then deleting stuff in My Documents (not saved games, just ini files etc). Then delete the same in Users>Yourself>AppData ..somewhere there. Reinstall.

Yoshi is correct. This is what worked for me...

Katie said:
Uninstalling the game isn't needed, delete the files from my documents and Users > appdata > roaming

you can copy the files for profiles and hotkeys though, after you delete the folders, start up the game and it will remake the folders shut down the game, put the files back to where they were and start the game up again and it will work fine

I'm playing now :smile:

Hi, I uninstalled the game and deleted the files in documents, but I was not able to solve the problem, other suggestions?

Are you sure you deleted the proper files? Also keep in mind that uninstalling the game itself is not necessary. Just the Documents/User/Appdata/Roaming/Mount and Blade Warband file needs to be moved or deleted...

This worked for me, and hopefully will for you... unless you already tried this WITHOUT uninstalling, then I admit I'm baffled.

**EDIT**

C:\Users\ *USERNAMEHERE* \AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband

The above path is the one you need to delete/move. The game will create new files in their stead, stabilizing the game for the new patch. Note that the above path is using the Win7 OS, and will differ slightly under XP and below. Credit for the fix goes to Katie in a similarly named thread, first page, some where in the middle of.

-The Taffer

Strange, i dont appear to have the Appdata folder in my user folder.
Im on win7 and using steam warband.

CalCD said:
Strange, i dont appear to have the Appdata folder in my user folder.
Im on win7 and using steam warband.

It's hidden. You have to enable "Show hidden files and folders".

TafferHats said:
Credit for the fix goes to Katie in a similarly named thread, first page, some where in the middle of.

Not that it matters much, but I believe credit goes to me as I fixed the issue first. No one before me managed to solve the issue. You can freely do the search. Katie added that uninstall isn't necessary and that's it (I did reinstall because I wanted to be sure all's going to be ok). But I wrote exactly where the problem was, in AppData folder, and after my post people suddenly were having issues solved. So now it's "Katie's solution", looking at the other thread, but hey such is this world..

Back
Top Bottom