SP Fantasy Ragnarök [Recruiting]

Users who are viewing this thread

Hermodr

Squire
Introduction

This mod is based on norse mythology. Or norse religion, I hope no one gets offended because I'm making a mod on their faith. Here is the video of inspiration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZFlrccHn24

Factions

Jotunheim

Trolls: Fast units that got bad defence but high attack. Can't ride but they are the fastest units in the game and can run about as fast as a normal horse. They use daggers and throwing knifes as weapons...possible spears.

Ogres: Strongest unit in the game, has high defence and attack. But are slow moving, they use great axes and spears. And can throw huge rocks that destroyes any shield. Basically they are slow moving tanks, good to use in closed enviroments.

Faction info: Can not mount, but has trolls that can run as fast as a horse. They have the worst equipment and armor in the game. Almost no equipment at all...

Midgard

Heroes: A very balanced unit that can mount horses and use bows. The heroes are the best archers in the game, and got very good aim and strength in shooting. The heroes close combat skills are good too, but in close combat between a god and a hero or a ogre and a hero the hero is in a disadvantage.

Fallen men: Undead humans, rebelling against Odin. Having not died in battle and been allowed to come to valhalla they are very angry berserkers. Basically tanks like the ogres, but not as slow moving and not as strong. But they have very high defence and average attack. Can ride on undead horses...but can't use bows or ranged attacks. Good on the open field...

Faction info: A very good faction that relies on their equipment and bow skills to fight the gods and giants. They also got horses which makes it possible for them to move onto the enemy fast. Not as strong in close combat though as the other factions.

Asgard:

Gods:The gods is a super class, having the best swords and armors in the game they are the best close combat fighters. And can easily beat a troll or maybe a hero in close combat. The gods haven't got horses or ranged equipment. Making them very volnurable on the open field...and humans or trolls can easily escape from a god or take him down if they use teamwork. The gods have the best stats in the game...but aren't very fast moving. The gods are the best class to use in close combat....But they have their weaknesses...

Ulfhednar: Ulfhednar are the warriors of odin. Warriors dressed in wolf and bear skins having special animal powers granted by Odin. They are fast moving units much like the trolls...they use spears and knifes and poles to kill their enemies...The fast moving unit in the asgard faction.

Faction info: The gods are the best close combat fighters, so everyone will stay away when they see a god. But they are not very fast. And the humans horses and the trolls of Utgard can easily escape or surround the god. Making the gods very volnurable on open ground. This faction have no horses or ranged equipment making it a very bad faction when you have to concentrate on defence.

Needed/Current team:

-Artists
-People to help with module system

*Hermodr - Everything

Reference

-Fallen men:
http://garlok.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/the-berserker-print-c10283237.jpeg

-Gods:
http://seshdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/thor-painting.jpeg

-Ogres:
http://www.fantasygallery.net/finer/ogre.jpg

-Trolls:
http://www.andrews-corner.org/troll.jpg (Not exactly)

-Heroes:
http://lib.lbcc.edu/handouts/images/Vikings/vikings3.jpg

-Ulfhednar:
http://erikastradesign.ebutiken.nu/images/indian31.jpg

WIP screenshots

We, kind of, lack fantasy stuff around here, so yeah. If you pull it off, it'd be nice. Seems a good enough idea for me anyway.

Ok I have figured out the classes for each faction.

Utgard:

Trolls - Fast moving skinny creatures. Great fighters but hasn't got good defence or attack. Can ride on wolves.
Orgres - Fat slow moving tanks that can throw heavy rocks and got great strength and defence. But are very slow.

Midgard:

Heroes - A legendary warrior that is fast moving and balanced in strength.
Fallen men - A fallen warrior that rebels against asgard. Heavy armored tank with great strength but slow moving.

Asgard:

Gods - A very fast unit that can jump very high and are very strong. Can't use horses or bows though.
Ulfhednar - Warriors of odin, heroes granted animal abilities. Usually the abilities of of a bear or a wolf. Dressed in wolf and bear skin. They are riding on wolves like the trolls.

A few things I need some help with. For the ogres and the trolls I need them to have different body types. I want the ogres to be fat have a big belly. And the trolls to have ugly faces and skinny bodies. I know that if you put a armor on the body dissapears.

So for the ogre I can probably just give him a armor that looks fat. Also I could probably put a helmet that covers the entire face and look like a ogre head? But still there is a problem with the hands, they will look very human. For the troll this is a problem. Also how can I make it so that the player can't remove the ogre/troll helmet?

Ok made a basic armor for the troll class. Just put a greenish texture onto it. Basic mesh is done... Still you can see a lot of errors like the calfs are not covered. And the cloth he got over his **** is too wide...But the arms fitted suprisingly well with the hands. All that is needed now is a helmet that would work as the trolls head...Btw if you want to help you are welcomed to, this is a lot of work. :wink:
THis would btw allow us to change the body shape of any class. The gods could be more massive. The ogre which I will come to will have giant belly. And man could be normal body. The question is still how to make it so that the player can't take off the basic armor or the helmet.

alot of people (myself included) play Mount and Blade for the realism and the lack of fantasy and magic. If you want these elements, play WoW or Oblivion.

...Since when was norse mythology world of warcraft? Please, I take this as a big insult, world of warcraft and oblivion and games like that suck. All culture adobpted by america and turned into english versions of original works suck. Look at lord of the rings, JRR tolkien took everything from norse mythology and finnish mythology.

The original works of norse mythology is epic. Don't compare it to world of warcraft please! Since when is this world of warcraft?
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/odin_sleipnir2_op.jpg
If you are reacting to the coloreful textue of the troll...it will be very gray and more like gollum if anything. And as realistic at it could be. I hope you realize that lord of the rings and all other epic stories including all sci fi. Has had great influnces from mythology...and especially norse mythology. Don't compare religion and mythology to world of warcraft please... :roll:

Don't feed the troll (pun totally intended).

Anyways, the idea is pretty good, but it must be executed properly. The troll model and texture are ugly, for now, as I think you're gonna train yourself at it or get help from a modeller/texturer.

What? Try and fail, excuse me?? Well I won't waste my time on you...the model and texture isn't finished. Far from it, the green stuff is a leaf texture...>_> The model is not even unwraped. If you got no specific chritisism on the model then stfu? :mad:

Lolwut? I'm trying to help here. Way to miss the point, you.

I tried to say you must keep on to get better, and the troll is somewhat a good start. Its texture is ugly now, it's a fact, but you'll get the hang of it.

Hermodr said:
Well I won't waste my time on you...

Yeah, don't waste your time with Ruthven, he's just a guy that's modding this game for almost 2 years now, and has two mods based on vikings.

Uhtred Ragnarson said:
alot of people (myself included) play Mount and Blade for the realism and the lack of fantasy and magic. If you want these elements, play WoW or Oblivion.
**** off, fool. If he'd suggested this for Native then you could have said this with some resemblance of a proper reason. As it is, he's gonna make a mod for himself and he is DAMN well allowed to make it just as fantastical as he wants. Furthermore, I've not seen you whine against TLD, Ak Ela, Highelf's Fantasy Mod, Warsword mod,  I-Y-I-ort's Red Planet mod and others. Why are you whining here in the first place? Your comment was stupid, self-absorbed and unnecessary.

Hermodr, don't dismiss Ruthven as a troll. He was rather blunt, but there's certainly truth, your trollbody is somewhat glassy and could use more work. (Of course, I'm the one to talk.)

Btw, wouldn't it be more likely for the gods to ride horses in stead of the humans? Nordic Warriors, especially in the pre-Christian times, would usually fight on foot and Gods were often seen as rich and wealthy, and only the wealthy had horses. :razz: Seems a bit odd to include Gods, though, because you'd have to make them 'too' weak to be able to properly fight them but you'd lose balance if you made them strong enough. Maybe it's better to make two human factions? One 'good' one and one 'evil' one? Don't make that too obvious and good guys in shining armour and bad guys in dark spiky armours, though. :lol: (Or rather, perhaps, a Thor faction and a Loki one? Though Thor and Loki often were pals.)

Or an Aesir-worshipping one and a Vanir-worshipping one? It just seems hard to me to properly represent the Gods as fighting NPC's.

No giants? :sad: Please? Jotunheim needs to be included.
Also, how are you gonna do the map? You're going to base it off Ygdrasil? Because that will be hard imo.

Yes, crappy idea because of the lack of Valkyrie.
Now more seriously.
I think you should remove the Gods, and make Asgard faction have Valkyrie and Ulfhednar troops.

Valkyries would be a mounted troop with bow and sword (no lances), Ulfhednar would be heavy infantry.

You could also limit yourself to good vs evil fight.

Evil side:
Trolls
Ogres
Fallen humans

Good side:
Valkyries
Ulfhednars
Humans

Yeah, maybe that's an idea. Make a Ragnarok mod. Maybe then you cann appoint some Gods as commanders.

I would love to swich the ogre with a giant. But I don't know how to size up the human skeleton? And if I did that, wouldn't all the classes be giants? Valkyrie I wanted to give to Asgard, but there are some problems with those as well. First of all they were women only. No men at all...a ragnarök mod would still have gods in it. And jotunheim is a part of utgard. I misunderstood you...I thought you told me to come back because I had failed?

And here are some game models of mine. Just to show you that I'm not noob which you seem to think I am?  :shock:

You can force Valkyries to be female only the same way you would do Troll faces. Nordic helmet, half a face and a mane of golden hair and we are home. If someone want his Valkyrie to moan like a men, his problem :razz:
AFAIK there in no way to alter the skeletons, so different sized MP models are not possible.
I think that they were just suggesting caution, because your goals are pretty ambitious.

Back
Top Bottom