Formation Battle Sundays!

Users who are viewing this thread

Viper_22b

Veteran
FormationBattleSundays2copy-2.jpg

That's right folks, it's back in all its glory!

This illustrious event has been sorely missed since it mysteriously disappeared in late 2009, so the 22nd Battalion have taken up the mantle and will be running a revamped, 200+ player formation battle every Sunday, beginning on 6th June.

For those of you who don't remember or weren't around, Formation Battle Sundays was established during the Beta for people who wanted to see realistic formations and battle tactics used in Warband outside of clan matches. It was a huge success, and gave many of us our first experience of a realistic but hilariously fun combat scenario within Warband!

What you need to know

• As of this week, we are running 30 minute formation training sessions prior to the battle. Here you can practice techniques for fighting in large groups, which will hold you in good stead for the battle itself.
  • You do not have to be a member of any clan or guild to enter. While we want as many clan members as possible to attend, teamstacking will be frowned upon. We want this to be fun for everyone!
  • The battles will be run on the 22nd's 222-man battle server, which we expect to fill completely! The name of the server will be "22nd_Formation_Battle", and the password will be given on TeamSpeak at 19:25 for the training and 19:55 for the battle. If you arrive late, type in TS chat to request the password.
  • Use of TeamSpeak 3 is mandatory, as without it you will not be able to receive orders. You will not need a microphone, however if you do have one we request that you keep general chatter to a minimum to keep the channel clear for reports and orders. If you do not have TeamSpeak 3, you can download it here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
  • There will be TeamSpeak 3 channels assigned to both teams here:  Address:178.63.27.21  Port: 9987.
  • We will be randomly selecting factions and changing commanders each week. If you don't like Sarranids or Rhodoks, or lose due to tactical errors, don't worry! Next week will involve two different factions, and two different commanders. See below for details on how to apply as a commander.
  • People who TK or otherwise attempt to disrupt the efforts of the commanders will be subject to the usual ass-kicking from our admins!
  • We will arrange video recording during the battle, but feel free to come along to spectate and record if you like! We only ask that if you're here to film-make, you let us know, and give us credit in the end product.
  • Finally, TELL EVERYONE! The more people we have along, the more fun this will be for everyone involved. We're putting in a lot of work to organise this, but we can only do so much - we need you guys to help us promote and make it a real success!

Commanders
Be aware that these will be HUGE battles, so electing to command them is not for the faint-hearted! If you think you're up to the task, your application should be sent directly to me (Viper_22b) via PM, according to the following:

• You must have a microphone and access to TeamSpeak 3. Commanders and sub-commanders will be given priority speaker.
  • You must name at least two players willing to act as your assistants/sub-commanders. This is due to the large number of players involved.
  • You must be able to arrive 15 minutes before the battle is scheduled to take place.
  • Any preference as to which of the two predetermined factions you would like to command should be stated in your PM. Factions will be announced on Monday, and all command applications should be received by no later than 21:00 BST on Friday.
  • Finally, if you don't get chosen as commander, please come along anyway! I expect a fairly large uptake on this (given how good it was the first time around), so you might not get to command straight away, but we'll make sure everyone gets their turn.

Winning Commanders:
Praetorian (def. Viper, 6th June)
Viper (def. Mabons, 13th June)

Keep your eyes and ears open, and check this thread regularly to hear about further events in and around the Sunday's gaming.
We'll be running various tournaments, competitions and other events purely for fun, and everyone's invited!

I look forward to seeing you all next Sunday!

Viper

Viper_22b said:
  • The battles will be run on the 22nd's 222-man battle server, which we expect to fill completely! The name of the server will be "22nd_Formation_Battle", and there will be no password.
I think the server should have a password, to keep random people out.

Also, good to see this is back :smile:.

Thanks Archer, bring CoR along, remember to spread the word, we will be doing it properly, so it should hopefully be a huge success!

Spread the word!

Arch3r said:
Viper_22b said:
  • The battles will be run on the 22nd's 222-man battle server, which we expect to fill completely! The name of the server will be "22nd_Formation_Battle", and there will be no password.
I think the server should have a password, to keep random people out.

Also, good to see this is back :smile:.

Hmm, meant to change that! Thanks, I'll edit OP now :smile:

I won't be there,unless I skip some study :grin: but I will definately be there past the 19th of June at every single one!

Turanien said:
Ah... I wish Ulf would return.  :cry:

Me too mate, but I'll do the best I can organising this in his absence - it should still be good fun!

I PMed him letting him know in case he comes back and would rather we changed the name or anything :smile:

Viper_22b said:
Turanien said:
Ah... I wish Ulf would return.  :cry:

Me too mate, but I'll do the best I can organising this in his absence - it should still be good fun!

I PMed him letting him know in case he comes back and would rather we changed the name or anything :smile:

Great. I'm sure he would be happy to know that it was being continued in his absence.  :smile:

If you live in Britain you are currently living in BST British Summer Time, it used to be GMT (in winter funnily enough), I think BST is GMT+1, but dont take my word for it, I suck with time, always late for things.

You are driving me insane Gavin!

Anyway I am glad someone decided to take it back up :smile:

And up to 100 players per team gives room for more tactics, so my geuss is that it is going to be great ^^

edit:

Use of TeamSpeak 3 is mandatory, as without it you will not be able to receive orders. You will not need a microphone, however, as all mics will be disabled except for commanders. If you do not have TeamSpeak 3, you can download it here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

What about priority speaker?
Talking to your superior is damn handy from time tot time.

Back
Top Bottom