MP Other Polo&Blade - Highspeed Multiplayer Action

Users who are viewing this thread

chadz

Baron
New Mod I'm working on:
Polo&Blade

Download and installation:
Download http://78.46.65.211/mb_pab.zip
drop the folder inside (Polo_and_Blade) into your Modules/ folder.

What's it about?
Two teams, two goals, one flag - get the flag and throw it into the enemy goal. Pass the flag to your teammates and outplay the enemy.

Little Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9AINMAUgzM

Troops:
- Goalie, a high athletics infantry class, proficient in archery and close range combat - stop the flag from reaching your goal!
- Runner, a fast low-armored player on a courser, equipped with a hammer and javelins. Grab the flag and throw it into the enemy goal, or stop the enemy from doing the same.

Player Count:
Not sure yet, probably something between 3vs3 or 6vs6.

Stay tuned for pictures, videos or more info!

New stuff:
When hitting kick on a horse (without having the flag), you boost the horse speed up. I will tie that to a stamina bar.
Getting hit by a weapon makes you drop the flag
If you hit a wall, or stop apruptly, you lose the flag and throw it forward. So if you cross the path of the enemy carrier, you can make him rear, and catch the flag he is losing
Flag throwing was made a bit easier, also catching.
Video incoming soon...

When you ride / walk over the flag / someone throws the flag at you, you pick it up (just like in CTF). You then get unarmed and can throw the flag with left mouse button. A bit like throwing weapons.

But, the longer you hold the mouse button, the stronger you throw. You can do lower or higher throws by looking up or down, obviously :smile:

bgfan said:
Nice, impressive idea, but how is this module in the way of coding?

You mean how far this is in terms of coding? I'd say 80% to 90% done, i still need to finetune some stuff, flag throwing is a bit messy when you throw it low, the score system encourages frag hunting over gameplaying, stuff like that.

Also, it's necessary to edit each map seperately to get them to work, not difficult, but boring, I don't like boring stuff :smile:

If someone would be willing to help betatest, drop me a note (read: betatest, not try it out and then disappear :smile:)

chadz said:
bgfan said:
Nice, impressive idea, but how is this module in the way of coding?

You mean how far this is in terms of coding? I'd say 80% to 90% done, i still need to finetune some stuff, flag throwing is a bit messy when you throw it low, the score system encourages frag hunting over gameplaying, stuff like that.

Also, it's necessary to edit each map seperately to get them to work, not difficult, but boring, I don't like boring stuff :smile:

If someone would be willing to help betatest, drop me a note (read: betatest, not try it out and then disappear :smile:)

I actually meant how is it in the way of being possible to do, but I suppose progress reports never hurt :razz:
are you adding in any uniforms/team colors or anything of the like? I'd be willing to help out if it's not anything to complicated.

It's waaaayyyy cooler with more people. :smile:

*throws flag towards the goal while being slashed from the side and your teammates is dismounted, only for it to be intercepted by a jumping horseman of the enemy team JUST before reaching the goal*

That, or the infantry goalkeeper stands in the way. :razz:

The way I see it there are 3 roles atm:

Fetchers (grab the flag, pass it between fetchers and try to score) with coursers
Destroyers (loaded out with good gear that focus only on killing members of the enemy team)
Goalkeeper(s) (infantry archers/spearmen that stand by the goal attempting to kill any fetchers or intercept any shots -- then throw them away as far as they can)

Dain and Revan Shan. A never ending love-story :smile:

Anyway, really great and awesome mod, luckily I could already test it  :razz:

I can also testify that this is fun.
It relies less on hammering people, and more on aiming, I've done a lot of high scoring goals too :grin:.

Would it not be better if Chad didn't base this on any existing sports, but rather invented a sport all of his own? I'm excited to see where Chad takes this idea.

Sounds awesome. Are you going to fix the firing while moving mechanics for this? When you throw or fire a projectile in native it doesn't inherit lateral motion, or motion in any direction really. It just sort of teleports in from the void, which could make flag-throwing awkward.

Back
Top Bottom