Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Are TCP & UDP ports opened ?
If it's the case, go to your web browser and from your PC type: <server public IP>:<warband port>.
If something appears, it's working, from here you'll be able to get server informations, otherwise, ports are not successfully opened.

Where can we get the dedicated files from? I recently got this on steam which has no dedi files included and the link in OP goes to a page which says page not found?

EDIT: Nevermind I found links on page 35, could a mod possibly edit the link in OP to reflect the changed dl location?

Hello everyone!

I can't get my server to show up in the server list. I'm wired directly into my modem and I'm running the server off this machine. I've forwarded my firewall, tried running everything as admin but nothing. It doesn't show up as a lan server or on the general server list for me or anyone else.

I have no idea what to do, and any help is appreciated!

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with opening my napolionic wars server. i have done the ports and that should be working, but when i try to open any of the "NW_Sample_[Gamemode]_start" it quickly opens up the command prompt then shuts it within half a second. any response is appreciated thanks

Sammy,

As Zenithar said, either your user doesn't have permissions over your Module folder which you can fix by doing 'chmod 777 -R Modules' or 'chown <user>:<user> -R Modules && chmod 750 -R Modules' (the second one is more secure but you pick).
Or, your module could be incomplete (corrupted) in which case you'll have to reupload the integrality to be sure to have everything alright.
In order to be sure the totality of the file is uploaded, you should compress it and take the checksum of the local archive by doing 'md5sum <file>' (on Linux, don't know an easier way to get it on Windows),
then once uploaded, you get the checksum of the file from the server and you check if those corresponds.
If that's the case, the integrity of your archive is verified and you can begin to decompress and start your server on it. If you happen to have the same problem, your local module might be the issue.

My server is called Server7090 even though I made the name "McLovinsRP"
Admin password doesnt work either

The Mighty McLovin said:
How do I change it from native to napoelonic wars??

If you host it via Windows, edit the .bat file and replace what comes after the '-m' for 'Napoleonic Wars'.

The Mighty McLovin said:
My server is called Server7090 even though I made the name "McLovinsRP"
Admin password doesnt work either

Most likely because you forgot to remove the '#' at the begining of both command lines.
The '#' means that the line is commented, therefore not read by the server. You just have to cut it out.

My computer:
Fx 8350
Sapphire dual oc 280x
Mother: 970 MSI Gaming
Win 7 Ultimate x64
Ports: 7241,7242,7243,7244,7245,
Firewall exceptions ports and the program,
I dont can see my server on the online list and my friend either.
I have this post:
Code:
set_pass_admin *****
set_server_name Testing
set_welcome_message Welcome!

set_max_players 5 6

set_add_to_game_servers_list 0        

set_mission conquest                  

set_map scene_1                       

set_factions 0 0                      

set_team_point_limit 0                
set_force_default_armor 2             

set_disallow_ranged_weapons 0         

set_num_bots_voteable 50              

set_valid_vote_ratio 60               

set_starting_gold 1500                

set_combat_gold_bonus 500             
set_map_time_limit 1440               

set_round_max_seconds 600             
set_upload_limit 580000               
set_respawn_period 5

set_maps_voteable 0

set_kick_voteable 1

set_ban_voteable 0

set_control_block_direction 1

set_combat_speed 2

set_port 7240
set_steam_port 7242
get_add_to_game_servers_list
start
and
Code:
mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r PW_server_cfg.txt -m PW

should put dedicated_server_steam.exe or with dedicated_server.exe?
or with normal use and I steam my friend too.
Also and trying to put on the official list in the admin panel, get_add_to_game_servers_list command ingame, just let me put it to 0 to 1 does not? Should put it like this: get_add_to_game_servers_list 0 or get_add_to_game_servers_list (set to 0)
I Took a week proving things i appreciate the help

Gishank said:
Alexander5 said:
-bash: wineconsole: command not found

What the heck happend there

PS: Im running this on a CentOs VPS.

The issue would be that you do not have Wine installed. Visit Wine's website for instructions on how to install it/compile it for your relevant distro. For CentOS it's rather straightforward, simply acquire the EPEL repository for YUM and run the command "yum install wine".

Though I'd really advise not trying to run a gameserver on a VPS as this can have severe performance implications or issues when it comes to the companies acceptable usage policy =]

Hello. I raised WB and NW servers on windows many times, but now I tried doing it on linux over ssh and of course it is entirely different game, and I ran into some headbanging problems, maybe someone knowledgable and nice can enlighten me on how to solve them?

All I can gather is that problem is maybe in the distribution I chose ( CentOS 7, 64bit) and/or some problems with version of Wine available from yum. When I get time I'll try changing to Ubuntu, but in the meantime maybe someone can help out.

This is what I'm getting:

Code:
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"MountMgr" failed to start: 2
wine: Bad EXE format for Z:\home\(username...)\Warband_Server\Mount&Blade Warband Napoleonic Wars Dedicated\mb_warband_dedicated.exe.

Why would it report bad exe format?

I'm trying to run it as a shell script:
Code:
 #!/bin/sh
wine mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r NW_Sample_Battle.txt -m Napoleonic Wars

Of course, I'm using Napoleonic Wars dedicated server files.

Update:
Cause of this problem is most likely described here: https://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23434

Dude, in case you didn't figure out by now:
Code:
set_add_to_game_servers_list 1
that is how you add server to the list, set this to 1, not 0.
Also, remove the get_add_to_game_servers_list it doesn't SET anything it just GETS the variable and displays it.
And use mb_warband_dedicated.exe not the steam version.

Since no one answered this simple question I guess no one here can help me with my Linux problem either :S

[5aDiv]HiddenKnight said:
My computer:
Fx 8350
Sapphire dual oc 280x
Mother: 970 MSI Gaming
Win 7 Ultimate x64
Ports: 7241,7242,7243,7244,7245,
Firewall exceptions ports and the program,
I dont can see my server on the online list and my friend either.
I have this post:
Code:
set_pass_admin *****
set_server_name Testing
set_welcome_message Welcome!

set_max_players 5 6

set_add_to_game_servers_list 0        

set_mission conquest                  

set_map scene_1                       

set_factions 0 0                      

set_team_point_limit 0                
set_force_default_armor 2             

set_disallow_ranged_weapons 0         

set_num_bots_voteable 50              

set_valid_vote_ratio 60               

set_starting_gold 1500                

set_combat_gold_bonus 500             
set_map_time_limit 1440               

set_round_max_seconds 600             
set_upload_limit 580000               
set_respawn_period 5

set_maps_voteable 0

set_kick_voteable 1

set_ban_voteable 0

set_control_block_direction 1

set_combat_speed 2

set_port 7240
set_steam_port 7242
get_add_to_game_servers_list
start
and
Code:
mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r PW_server_cfg.txt -m PW

should put dedicated_server_steam.exe or with dedicated_server.exe?
or with normal use and I steam my friend too.
Also and trying to put on the official list in the admin panel, get_add_to_game_servers_list command ingame, just let me put it to 0 to 1 does not? Should put it like this: get_add_to_game_servers_list 0 or get_add_to_game_servers_list (set to 0)
I Took a week proving things i appreciate the help

Back
Top Bottom