German Translation

Users who are viewing this thread

Arutha

Regular
I have seen that in the Languages Folder a German öhem öhem..Folder is XD
( Oh my english is soo bad)

The Question is.. if i start the Game in  German Mode  will the translation be aktivaded  öh..  automatickly?

Bei mir ist es ein ziemliches Misch-Masch, die Mod dürfte ohne Englischkenntnisse von halbwegs erfahrenen Speilern aber spielbar sein, da man sich das meiste denken kann. Leider sind einige von den Dingen, die man zu NPC´s sagen kann, auf Englisch, da solltest du vorher vielleicht versuchen, das zu übersetzen.

The language of the game is, as far as i know, a mixture of both english and german. Although, for experienced gamers, there shouldn´t be any problem to play the game even if your english is bad. The english part should be translatable from the context.

Ja es ist sehr gemischt, aber die Städte namen sind in deutschen parties.csv nicht alle aus dem Mod enthalten, so dass die Original Namen aus M+B WB angezeigt werden.

dass kann man aber ändern, indem du alle Einträge zwischen:

Code:
p_zendar|Zendar

p_salt_mine|Salzmine

entfernst. Dadurch übernimmt er die namen aus der englischen "parties.txt"
alternativ kann man auch die Namen daraus abgleichen.
Aber das ist eine harte "copy-paste" Arbeit, und wenn die Modder die Namen ändern, fängst du von vorne an.
Es wäre wohl besser, erst mal damit noch auf die neue Karte zu warten.

english translation (for Mods and modders):

Yes the language is very... "germlish"  :lol:
Citynames in german "parties.csv" are not included all citynames, so M+B WB show his original names.
But you can change this when you delete all entries between:

Code:
p_zendar|Zendar

p_salt_mine|Salzmine

Thus the mod takes the name from the english  "parties.txt"
Alternatively, you can also compare the names from it.
But this is a hard "copy-paste" job, and if the modders change the name, you start from the beginning.
It would be better to wait around the new map come.

I tried the German translation and faction names and some towns are translated but there is lots of English text in the dialogues and some of the menus as well.  I can understand German somewhat but I just cannot speak/write it anymore.

H.W.
super mod, Englisch ABER DAS IST MIR zu viel ... Kann ich es so Nicht spielen! bitte, bitte mit deutschen txt, ist mà ¶ glich Das? : Oops:

So, yes, it's possible.  But there is lots of work to make it so.  Ich kann nicht über das auf Deutsch schreiben, ja? :oops:

^^Hmmm

Maybe  I could öhem offering(?) some Time when the Game is in Beta Stadium with  the new  Map
Maybe someone wants to help me ^^
I Mean the Most English is clear to me but there are  also many things which i dont understand^^

Ich weiss nicht, wie viel Arbeit es wäre, den Rest zu übersetzen, wäre das sicherlich kein Problem, ich bräuchte eben nur die englischen Texte, mit Modding kenne ich mich leider kaum aus -.-
Wenn jemand, der (im Idealfall des Deutschen mächtig ist,) die entsprechenden Texte raussucht und mir als normale txt-files schickt, kann ich auch gerne beim Übersetezen helfen. Wenn ich das richtig verstanden habe, sollte es vor allem noch Dialoge und Beschreibugnen geben, die es zu übersetzen gilt!

I don´t know how much work this is, but it shouldn´t be any problem to work about an hour per day on a german translation of the english dialogues/descriptions. Unfortunately, i´m not aware of any modding-skills, so somebody had to send me the english texts (or at least show me how to handle this whole thing^^).
There should be some parts which could be translated now without wasting any work on things, that will be changed later, right?

Translating in M&B isn't that difficult. There are several files for the german text. Have a look at the native translation. It will be a hard work and I recommend to wait until this mod is almost final or you will have to rework a lot.

Wie dem auch sei, ich spiele absichtlich schon seit Mount & Blade auf Englisch und zwar nur wegen den Mods und weil die Übersetzung von Taleworlds so lala ist ^^ Vermutlich gehen die meisten von euch noch zur Schule, also kann ich euch nur wärmstens empfehlen es auf Englisch zu spielen.

I suggest learning english, it's good for international relations. If Scandinavians can do it, so can germans, just stop watching dubbed movies :wink:  :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom