Player Kingdom - Pro's and Con's

Users who are viewing this thread

Gunzo

Squire
Heya guys :smile:

I have been wondering for some time now if i should start my own kingdom but cant really deside, as im good and comfeterble within the swedian empire :smile:

What does if bring me if i make my own, and whats most fun ?

There is prolly some other posts on this but couldnt find it :sad: sorry if tis a repeat'er

If you start your own kingdom, you start with no vassals aside from those you make from your companions. You have to recruit other lords from other kingdoms using your persuasion skill, right to rule, and relationship ratings. You are effectively your own marshal for your kingdom, and have access to a minister, which has a variety of different tasks such as improving relations with another kingdom or sending a companion to increase right to rule. You get to name the kingdom yourself, which I thought is a nice addition. :smile: Other kingdoms may get angry with you for opposing their right to rule and may declare war on you.

If you're a kingdom's vassal, you have other lords that are allied with you from the start. Usually when you are first offered vassal...dom you get the poorest village in the kingdom, which is also usually on the outskirts so usually also the one village that gets raided the most. You are able to marry eligible Lords/Ladies of the kingdom with permission from their father/brother, since you are in the same faction and a Lord/Lady. You serve the King of the Kingdom unquestioningly, of course, so if you end up defending Swadia's borders while King Harlaus is in Praven throwing feast after feast, don't say I did warn you! :razz:

Just some things I thought of off the top of my head. ^^;

Thank you very much for this :smile: it has help alot :smile:

Think im goona try my own kingdom :smile: BUT if i denounce my oeth to the king will i still be able to marry one of that kingdoms ladies ? :smile:

Gunzo said:
Thank you very much for this :smile: it has help alot :smile:

Think im goona try my own kingdom :smile: BUT if i denounce my oeth to the king will i still be able to marry one of that kingdoms ladies ? :smile:

I'm not really sure... I assume you can elope with a Lady... but I'm also assuming that the father/brother of the Lady will never agree to letting you marry her if you're not the in the same faction. Dunnoooooo.  :razz:

u can't marry with permission w/o belonging to their faction...

u could be vassal, wait for the king to deny u a fief, renounce and then recruit her familly lords (or try)

don't be a vassal and ask the king to renounce ur oath, if u do so, u lose all ur fiefs.

HolyDevil said:

u could be vassal, wait for the king to deny u a fief, renounce and then recruit her familly lords (or try)

don't be a vassal and ask the king to renounce ur oath, if u do so, u lose all ur fiefs.

Ahh nice good idea :smile: thank alot :grin: will wait till after im married then :smile: BUT if i renounce it and keeps my land im at war with them aint i ?

if ur a king i think you can marry any1. im doing my own faction right now and trying to win over a ladies father but he wants to get to know me.

so pro: it like a whole new world starting your own faction
con: you start out with only a castle you captured or your fiefs after your king denied you land with no vassals. Heroes can become vassals though by talking to them in party

The best way is to be a vassel for a while and level up till you can carry about 120 troops. While your at it make about 4+ friends in the faction your vassel to with relations of 25-40, the higher the better obviously, who all like each other or at least dont mind . This means when you start your own kingdom you should be able to recruit at least 1 of those friends. The hardest part is starting the ball rolling because you possess only a castle and they wont want to join.

How i started my faction which is now booming:

Had 5 friends ranging from 25-50 relations in swaddy lands who were mainly from the same family or my marryed family.
Took a castle in the south of the rhodok territory right next to their city so i wasn't going to be at war with the world and only rhodoks. I marched my 200 men (i cheated because i already owned 2 castles and a city and thought it a waste after recruiting all those units so i upped the leadership bonus to carry 200 units then put it back down when i transported my units to my new castle) down to that castle and took it, gave one of my companions the village the castle came with and marched on to the city right next to it once my companion built a small army.

I then made a mistake, i gave the city to my companinion before garisoning it. The ai will build a garison for it but it takes a long long time, which is fine if you have a small kingdom but i was at war vs rhodoks entire army and gave the city to my companion who took ageees to garison and has only just managed to get 300 units in it about a week ago and my kingdom now has like 10 lords in it with 2 castles, 4 citys.

Instead i should of chose to keep the city for my self and then put at least 100 men in and given it to a lord as a pressent for joining me or maybe my companion. Then it wouldn't of been defenceless so take that as a note.

After this i desided to recruite lords. SAVE before you try each time becuase you get 1 shot, if they reject you you cant recruite them again. This is obviously very bad if they had 30 relations with you. Because all my friends in swaddy land liked each other because they were family once i recruited one they became easyer and easyer to get and when i recruited trhemn they brought their land too. They keep the castle/city but the towns are yours to dish out. I usualy give them back. I got suno and uxvil or what ever it called from just getting the lords to join. Then i took yael and a few other places.

Make sure you keep the marshell circling round, it will keep controversy down. Also you can gift the marshel and take it away and gift it again for small relationship boosts. Im going to do this to one of my vassels who i dont want to give much land to and every time is loosing relations with me. Its silly thing in the game, i now have 10 lords. I give land away they all take a -3 hit and one person gets a +10 hit. This means gradualy they all hate me because they loose more relation then they gain.

However, there is a way round this. if you ask them who they support and you gift it to the most supported person then they dont complain or ***** and get + relation points if you give it to who they supported.

However the game is also bugged because the only tyhing i can ask is who they think shouldget norma, which i gave away ages ago. But it seems to work anyway even though im gifting diferent feifs.

Hope that helped anyway.

dhowlett said:
The best way is to be a vassel for a while and level up till you can carry about 120 troops. While your at it make about 4+ friends in the faction your vassel to with relations of 25-40, the higher the better obviously, who all like each other or at least dont mind . This means when you start your own kingdom you should be able to recruit at least 1 of those friends. The hardest part is starting the ball rolling because you possess only a castle and they wont want to join.

How i started my faction which is now booming:

Had 5 friends ranging from 25-50 relations in swaddy lands who were mainly from the same family or my marryed family.
Took a castle in the south of the rhodok territory right next to their city so i wasn't going to be at war with the world and only rhodoks. I marched my 200 men (i cheated because i already owned 2 castles and a city and thought it a waste after recruiting all those units so i upped the leadership bonus to carry 200 units then put it back down when i transported my units to my new castle) down to that castle and took it, gave one of my companions the village the castle came with and marched on to the city right next to it once my companion built a small army.

I then made a mistake, i gave the city to my companinion before garisoning it. The ai will build a garison for it but it takes a long long time, which is fine if you have a small kingdom but i was at war vs rhodoks entire army and gave the city to my companion who took ageees to garison and has only just managed to get 300 units in it about a week ago and my kingdom now has like 10 lords in it with 2 castles, 4 citys.

Instead i should of chose to keep the city for my self and then put at least 100 men in and given it to a lord as a pressent for joining me or maybe my companion. Then it wouldn't of been defenceless so take that as a note.

After this i desided to recruite lords. SAVE before you try each time becuase you get 1 shot, if they reject you you cant recruite them again. This is obviously very bad if they had 30 relations with you. Because all my friends in swaddy land liked each other because they were family once i recruited one they became easyer and easyer to get and when i recruited trhemn they brought their land too. They keep the castle/city but the towns are yours to dish out. I usualy give them back. I got suno and uxvil or what ever it called from just getting the lords to join. Then i took yael and a few other places.

Make sure you keep the marshell circling round, it will keep controversy down. Also you can gift the marshel and take it away and gift it again for small relationship boosts. Im going to do this to one of my vassels who i dont want to give much land to and every time is loosing relations with me. Its silly thing in the game, i now have 10 lords. I give land away they all take a -3 hit and one person gets a +10 hit. This means gradualy they all hate me because they loose more relation then they gain.

However, there is a way round this. if you ask them who they support and you gift it to the most supported person then they dont complain or ***** and get + relation points if you give it to who they supported.

However the game is also bugged because the only tyhing i can ask is who they think shouldget norma, which i gave away ages ago. But it seems to work anyway even though im gifting diferent feifs.

Hope that helped anyway.

Thanks alot for this its was very usefull to me :grin:

Your welcome. It seems that one of my lords has hit -22 loyalty to me and im not sure what to do about it. If i indict him for treason i take hits across the board to loyalty so really its a loose loose. I may follow him around and keep aiding him in fights to get him back up. Its quite fun riding to the rescue of imprisons lords too. Something about besiging a castle to save your fellow friend.

If you play your cards right i suspect you could take over half the map just through diplomaticly stealing lords. Ive probably got about 15 now and i suspect ive stolen 2 cities and probably 4 castles. I have perswasion 5 btw. Also your right to rule sky rockets if you keep stealing lords you get like a +5 each time you get one. So i hit 99 RTR really quickly though some would still say im not a kingdom dispite me owning vast lands :sad: .

Also bare in mind if you want to garison a city/castle before giving it away take it for your self. You can give away things that you own but you cant take them back once given unless you boot the lord out for treason. This means you can take a city and give away its 3/4 villages if you wanted. But you'd loose quite a bit of money for the garison. Annoyingly you cant give a city and keep the villages, then you could make a fortune owning 1 castle and like 10 villages.

Another anoying thing that needs patching is that currently you cant move your "home base". That is to say once you get your first castle that is where your minister stays unless you loose that castle. Which means because the only non suisidal way to set up a kingdom is to start far out youll have quite a treck to go back to your home base to deal with fiefs etc each time. I suspect this will be patched shortly though.

O and you cant do quests for your lords as king annoyingly but you can do them for other kingdoms lords still. So i suggest you release nobles when captured to boost relations with them to then steal them off your rival kingdom :razz:. A 2h mace and seeking the lord first thing works really well for capturing them and boosting relations.

Just as an aside its very useful to ALWAYS release Lord prisoners you get, usually big rep build for free and the ransoms and rep hit ain't worth it in the long run. Sometimes they go a bit emo when they see you again and you take a rep hit but generally its big plusses all round.

EBass said:
Just as an aside its very useful to ALWAYS release Lord prisoners you get, usually big rep build for free and the ransoms and rep hit ain't worth it in the long run. Sometimes they go a bit emo when they see you again and you take a rep hit but generally its big plusses all round.

You beat me, i was just editing that into my essay number 2 lol.

I am doing a claimant quest now.
with the lords I have turned I have built up a great relationship
from giving them land and helping in battles.
When I am ready to make my own kingdom I am sure I will be able to convert these lords to my new cause.

Dragonspawn said:
I am doing a claimant quest now.
with the lords I have turned I have built up a great relationship
from giving them land and helping in battles.
When I am ready to make my own kingdom I am sure I will be able to convert these lords to my new cause.

hah very clever, be careful though. Once you get to 10+ lords its hard to maintain all their friendships. Currently out of my 14 odd i have about 4/5 lords that love me, 2/3 that dont mind me, 2/3 that just dont care and 2 that hate me with a passion.

Does anyone know the numbers in relation a Lord must have to want to join you after you capture him?
I have spread my love around, so everybody in Swadia and Nord is around 10. And does honour(or was it renown?) count in there as well?

HolyDevil said:

not true, i married a swadian while one of the veiger.

aguds said:
Does anyone know the numbers in relation a Lord must have to want to join you after you capture him?
I have spread my love around, so everybody in Swadia and Nord is around 10. And does honour(or was it renown?) count in there as well?

I think it would be best to get them as your friends (that's 21+). If you go into the Reports pannel, then click on "Character Report" you can see who your friends are. I suggest getting their relationship up to a minimum of 30, and to 50 if they aren't a relation to another Lord (if you recruit an entire family you'll supposedly find it easier). So for example if 2 Lords are brothers, it should be easy to recruit them, if you then try to recruit a Lord who is not related to the 2 others, then it'll be harder.

I can't confirm this, I haven't started by own Kingdom yet, but this is what I've learned by trolling through the forums.

Good luck!

Thanks :smile: I'm trying to avoid my mistake from the previous M&B where I would just make it to the friendly limit, and then dropping below when I captured them :sad:

I didn't realize the family-thing either, I'll make sure to find me a large one to bring to the Dark side.

aguds said:
Thanks :smile: I'm trying to avoid my mistake from the previous M&B where I would just make it to the friendly limit, and then dropping below when I captured them :sad:

I didn't realize the family-thing either, I'll make sure to find me a large one to bring to the Dark side.

Lol. I've found myself befriending every Khergit lord there is. 7 to go! I'm going to check through their relations once their relation with me is at 40+, and then steal 'em away in family groups. Mwahaha.

I'm also intent on recruiting Ymira and Alayan as vassals when I start my kingdom. Maybe then they'll tie the knot xD

Back
Top Bottom