SP Native The Magnificent Seven v.31 (for .704) *updated* 11/2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancientwanker

Master Knight
Download The Magnificent Seven v.31

Mag-7 for M&B v.704 is out but it still doesnt have any new textures, only vanilla ones as hugemod isnt finished. When hugemod v3 is out Ill update Mag-7 and fix any bugs.

*UPDATED* v.31. Put all three folders (steppe, knight, berseker) into your mount&blade/modules directory, then select which one to play on the first menu screen. Either start a new game or try to load a save from v.20 or v.21 Bugfix update. All reported bugs fixed (hopefully). To play a save game from an earlier version of Mag-7 copy the new files into your old directories (v.21, v.20 or v.30). This will let you read from the same save game files
*UPDATED* v.30.  Translated for M&B v.704. A few bug fixes as well but no new content otherwise.. This will be the last update for a bit as I have to learn the new mod tools format and work on some other stuff when I get the chance.
*UPDATED* v.21. Small bugfix update. Fixed quest issues and hero re-recruitment issue. Minor tweaks to units. Compatible with v.20 saves in theory but the games module system may not let you access the saves as the folder name will have changed to v.21. There should be a way to work around it by renaming.
*UPDATED* v.20. Translated to Mount and Blade .703. Currently just using standard textures until hugemod v3 is out. Adds manhunter recruitment from slaver at zendar. New noble recruitment tree. Now you recruit young nobles from the kings or counts and they eventually develop into knights, veteran knights and royal knights. WIth high enough faction rank you can recruit knights and veteran knights directly, thus getting around the level up cap.  Helmets removed from Khan, Dark General and War Captains to make it easier to spot them. Bandits can buy/sell from any merchant at the moment as the bandit merchant is disabled until I find the right trigger. "Rescue the 7th hero" quest currently disabled as I want to place it somewhere else.
*UPDATED* v.17. Small bug fix update. Fixed bandit promotion bug. Removed peasant massacre quest as peasants dont spawn often in the late game. Added an option to pay Baron Rolf to end a mission without finishing it. There are a few other small fixes as well and I altered brigand reward items. You now get a full set of bandit armor and a bandit shield as the first reward and later on you get slayer weapons. The final bandit reward is now a champion sleipnir (fast armored black horse) No need to install hugemod v2 again if you already have it installed.
*UPDATED* v.16.  I added 3 triggers so you cant load old save games. New game required.  2 new armies (brigand_raiders, brigand_scouts) on the worldmap. Fixed bandit weekly pay bug so you get paid now. Doubled weekly pay for Vaegir/Swadia, tripled for bandits. Reduced price of khergit mercenaries. Replaced rune_mace with rune_hammer and about a dozen other minor tweaks and fixes. No need to install hugemod v2 again if you already have it installed. For fun, take an army of horsearchers against the brigand_raiders, lots of javelins and arrows.
*UPDATED* v.15. Thanks to Compfreak for the new installer, Noo8 for Hugemod v2 and Lost-Lamb for the new textures. Theres a new merchant at the bandit stronghold who will deal with bandits. Also a new black khergit recruiter where you can hire very expensive black khergit mercenaries (they have a full upgrade tree). This is primarily a graphics update using Lost Lambs bandit and khergit armors. The intention of Hugemod v2 is to use these two armors, the helms and shield to give the recruitable bandits and elite khergit a more distinct look.  A few old bugs were fixed as well.  There are also two unused textures in hugemod v2. A black leather cap and a gold mail coif. If you want to use them or see them you'll need to enable them to be sold in stores using the editor. Also, the bandit classes now use the full range of hugemod hair colors seeing as they are probably from diverse backgrounds. To see the new merchant, recruiter and graphics you'll need to start a new game.
*UPDATED* v.14.  New Bandit faction, Bandit missions, 6 new bandit troop upgrades. To join the bandit faction go to Dhorak Keep. Bandits cant use merchants unless they are finishing old quests, it costs more to sleep at vaegir/swadia inns for bandits and they can only recruit troops at Zendar or Dhorak Keep. Maybe a couple other small things I cant remember. All known bugs fixed with the exception of the arena bug that I couldnt duplicate.. well see if people still  have it. Also, if you are high rank in the bandit faction you can recruit higher level units from the Baron. Enemy leaders tactics scores have been slightly reduced (will only show in new games). There is now a "rearguard" option that lets friendly heroes follow you around on the worldmap. Hugemod provides new textures. If updating from a v.12 or earlier you should still finish your merchant and river pirate quests before applying the update. Thanks to all the texture artists, especially Eagle for his great cataphract and Noo8 for hugemod v1.
*UPDATED* v.13. Six new faction missions, 3 new rare army groups: Khergit_Horde, Dark_Army and Sea_Raider_War_Party, a few new leaders and npc units. Tactics increased for npc leaders. A few new rewards for finishing certain missions.(for previous Mag-7 users, clear your merchant quests before updating, theyve been reordered in v.13 and you might not be able to finish them if you dont. Same goes for the river pirate quest. Old faction missions will be fine though.)
*UPDATED* v.12. bunch of stuff added, details below
*UPDATED* v.11. fixed lohengrins position to avoid potential crash.

Overview
These are three seperate NPC/Gameplay mods for M&B. Depending on the version you plug in, there are six low-level knights, berserkers or steppe_raiders in Zendar tavern and a seventh very high level NPC waiting to be rescued elsewhere. All 3 version also include new recruitable combat units, a new bandit faction, npc army changes on the world map, new armies, new npc army leaders and a few new weapons and horses as rewards for performing faction quests.

Common to all versions
--Seven recruitable heroes. Six of them start in Zendar tavern.
--A new Bandit faction, missions, recruitable units, etc.
--7 new faction missions for Vaegir/Swadia.
--6 new rare armies on worldmap.
--9 new recruitable Vaegir/Swadian units.
--Powerful leaders (combat and tactics wise) to lead some armies.
--Some armies have been tweaked or altered.
--There are now unique faction rewards for each faction (vaegir, swadia, bandits).

Specific to each version (steppe, berserker, knight)
--Newly minted face settings, skill-ranks and stats for 7 the npcs in each version (21 total).
--Each of the 6 has a specialty in one of the 6 combat skills, the 7th is a master of all.
--The seven knight heroes focus on riding and weaponmaster and have mid grade armor and low grade weapons.
--The seven berserker heroes focus on ironskin and athletics and have low grade armor and mid grade weapons.
--The seven steppe raider heroes focus on horse-archer and riding, have low grade armor/weapons and a horse.
--Also, the steppe raiders only have one combat specialty for all 6, archery.

Unit details (spoilers for those who dont want to know)
--V/S Noble Youth have simple shirts and swords but decent weapon skill.
--V/S Squires wear leathers and have improved skills
--V/S Mounted Squires wear leathers, have horses and improved skills.
--V/S Knights are the same as vanilla.
--V/S Veteran Knights have improved skills.
--V/S Royal Knights have improved skills and always wear plate and ride chargers.
--Vaegir Horse-archer is just what it sounds like.
--Vaegir Berserker has very powerful close combat ability but no armor
--Swadian Lancer has excellent riding skills, a lance and a fast horse. They can also dismount and double as standard crossbowmen though they are not as good as sharpshooters. Their drawback is lighter riding boots and no helm. They have the skills of knights but lack their staying power in close combat.
--Swadian Raiders wear light armor and use throwing jarids. They are also very fast and always carry shields.
--The bandit forces in general are lightly armored and fast. They are slightly more skilled than similarly experienced units but can take less damage due to their limited armor. Brigand_leather bits are considered reinforced and some of the bandit helms get an extra armor point.
--Brigand veteran and horseman are irregular in gear with brigand leather.
--Brigand skirmisher is a mounted javelin thrower also armed with a melee weapon and wearing brigand leather.
--Brigand cavalry is a melee cavalry wearing brigand leather.
--Brigand slayer is a fast light infantry wearing brigand leather. Some have throwing knives.
--Brigand marksman is a fast archer unit wearing brigand leather.
--Black Khergit upgrade as follows: rider, horseman, horsemaster, cataphract OR bodyguard. You can hire riders or horsemasters at Dhorak. At the highest levels the khergit have the best riding skills of any recruitable unit. Their armor is quite weak in places but their heavy horse and high riding make them pretty good units. Khergit ceremonial armor is rated as thick.
--B.K. riders have lighter armor than the standard B.K. horseman
--B.K. horsemen are the standard khergit trooper you are used to seeing.
--B.K. horsemasters have the same gear as horsemen with better stats.
--B.K. cataphracts have a cataphract horse, ceremonial armor and lance.
--B.K. bodyguard have a cataphract horse, ceremonial armor and bow and sword.

Reward details (spoilers for those who dont want to know)
--Rewards upon reaching knight/slayer rank and for each level above as well.
--Vaegir get (in order) a Champion courser, rune_short_lance, rune_blade, rune_bow, rune_great_axe and a champion_charger.
--Swadians get a champion_courser, rune_great_lance, rune_spiked_mace, rune_axe, rune_war_blade and a champion charger at the highest level.
--Rune weapons *all* have the shield breaking ability. To compensate the rune axes, they have +5 speed. In addition all rune weapons do one more point of damage than the best possible weapon modifier than it could get at the merchants (either heavy or balanced). Lances and Bows have no positive prefixes so their damage is just increased by one from vanilla.  The three reward horses have +2 to all horse attributes including the riding requirments. The "champion" prefix is part of the name and not a true prefix so it isnt lost if the animal is wounded.
--Bandits get a full suit of bandit armor and a bandit shield as the first reward. Then they get slayer_throwing_daggers, slayer_scimitar, slayer_bow and a slayer_axe. Slayer weapons are slightly better than rune weapons. At the highest level (grandmaster slayer) you get a champion sleipnir (fast, armored black horse).
--The rune weapons, slayer weapons and special horses are reward only and cant be bought in stores.

Installation
--Check out the readme.txt for installation info. Just place all 3 folders into the mount&blade/modules folder. Then select which version to play on the first menu screen from the pull down menu.

Currently known issues with v.31:
--When recruiting from a dialogue you must have one more open slot than you would normally need. Dialogue based recruitment occurs in Dhorak with the Baron and Bogra, in Zendar with the slaver and with the various counts and kings of vaegir/swadia.

Thanks
--For.15 thanks to Compfreak for the new installer, Noo8 for the new version of hugemod and Lost-lamb for coming up with some nice armors and the bandit shield.

--For .14, thanks to Noo8 for use of his hugemod v1 and all the texture artists who contributed to that great mod. Also thanks to Effidian for his great editor which makes it much easier to mod Mount and Blade now. Also, thanks to Armagan for releasing the full operations list even though I havent had a chance to really get into it yet.

--In general I did figure a few things out for myself but wouldnt have gotten far (not that I did get far) without the groundwork laid in the peasant modding thread. Thanks to Vinz Klortho, Effidian, B and everyone else who contributed to that thread. They basically cracked the mod door open for the rest of us and peaked my interest.  And of course thanks to Armagan and Ipek for making this fun game.

Credits:
Mag-7: Ancientwanker
Hugemod v2: n00854180t
Textures: Lost-lamb, Vaerraent, Eagle114th, MaDpRoGrAmMeR, Boris, amman4ny, n00854180t, Nairagorn

I guess I should also say that this is an unsupported mod so its not Taleworlds fault if it introduces any bugs. If you havent seen a bug before installing the mod and then it appears after installation, bring the problem to this thread first.

Sounds too good to be true! Dowloading now...

edit- oh snap, I read the readme and I didn't even see your post in the rune weapon thread until now. My bad. What did you want the weapon to say on it? Pm my if you don't want to post it or whatever.

ps sorry again. :oops:

Wow...trying it out now. :smile:

---played for about 20 mins with the berzerker crew. Good fun having a party full of charactors. :razz:
I hired a few of them and did some pirate killing, came back and went to the tavern to hire another but M&B crashed when I tried to enter and then my comp restarted. First time it's ever crashed on me.

Do your normal games still work after install? Just a question I'd like to have answered. :smile:

Keemo, it crashed because of Sir Lohengrin/Sigurd. I put it in the readme but hes not properly rooted in the tavern, he blinks to a new place randomly each time you enter and eventually that will be a bad place. You should always recruit him the first time you enter the tavern as hes always in a safe (the same) place then. If you dont want him just send him to the Four Ways Inn.

If it turns into a big problem for people Ill try to find a new unique location in the tavern or move him outside to the square. I like where he is though cuz hes not in those regimented rows like the other tavern characters. Hes sort of in the middle lecturing the troops. heh.

Bloodmerc--no problem, sounds like you are right and you cant have unique rune skins for the reward items.

Lhorkan-- you can play with an old game if you want but its a little freaky. It does seem to replace the armor of existing npcs in your party. The Knight rank rewards work though.

I go to the site and click free....but thenit says I was banned for extreme downloads...I havem't downloaded a thing!

Sure Lost-lamb but its probably going to need to be updated as I add stuff. Up to you.

I just downloaded it no problem from rapidshare but you never know how these things work.

Quite nice, quite nice. I give it a solid two thumbs up. No bugs here, and its pretty fun to roam the countryside with my awesome mounted knights, slaughtering everyone from river pirates to dark knights. I approve.

After installing the mod, I went to play my favorite save file, and it told me there were too many troops in file 226, the amount exceeds 225, any suggestions?

Really beats me,I havent seen that myself.

First make sure youve got version .632 of mount and blade.

Next start a new game and see if thats alright at least. Some of the NPC troop numbers were swapped so I could borrow conversation scripts so that might interfere with an old save.

If you really want to play with an old save file then try going to troops.txt in the mods/native folder. At the top of the file is a number (225), this is the number of entries in the troop file. Increase that number and see what happens. If you still get the problem make that number higher again.

If none of that works youve got me. Post a save file on rapidshare and ill see what I can figure out tonight.

Anonymous said:
Really beats me,I havent seen that myself.

First make sure youve got version .632 of mount and blade.

Next start a new game and see if thats alright at least. Some of the NPC troop numbers were swapped so I could borrow conversation scripts so that might interfere with an old save.

If you really want to play with an old save file then try going to troops.txt in the mods/native folder. At the top of the file is a number (225), this is the number of entries in the troop file. Increase that number and see what happens. If you still get the problem make that number higher again.

If none of that works youve got me. Post a save file on rapidshare and ill see what I can figure out tonight.

If I start a new game it works fine, I haven't checked any of the other save files because I don't really care about them.

How much should I increase the number by?

Honestly I dont know. I didnt add any entries into the troop file, just changed already existing ones. That troop number is the same as vanilla M&B. Ive played it with my old level 45 guy for a long while to test the knight rewards and didnt see this.

Just in case that is some weird problem with your old save I would try bumping it up by 50 and try to play. Its an interesting problem though.

This i a very nice mod. I was worried that it would be overpowered, but those knights sure get going when the going gets tough... They're dropping like flies. Stille far more usefull that the two old heroes though.

It's HARD to get 100k together while trying to give decent eq to 6 knights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom