Most wanted module system additions

Users who are viewing this thread

I want something like:
Code:
(get_player_relation_with_troop, <troop_id>),
that returns the active relation between player and this troop;
And a function to get all the agents on a battlefield: I need to use this operation
Code:
(try_for_range, ":agent", <agents_begin>, <agents_end>),

Lumos said:
Code:
(get_player_relation_with_troop, <troop_id>),
that returns the active relation between player and this troop;
Troop relations are not hardcoded. You can use just 
(call_script, "script_troop_get_player_relation", <troop_id>),

It would be good to have some of these:

- item flag, that will not allow the item to be spawned on the ground after agents death, so that item couldn't be picked up.
- item flag "itp_never_in_loot". Now I know it can be done by a workaround with modifying loot script (did that), but a flag that will ignore an item when calling "(troop_loot_troop)" would be very helpful.
- editable imods + ablility to add some new imods.
- additional flag "itp_does_not_refill" for amunition and throwing weapons, which will work like it works for "itp_type_bullets" right now.
- support for more than 15 troop races and more than 900+ items

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
- item flag "itp_never_in_loot". Now I know it can be done by a workaround with modifying loot script (did that), but a flag that will ignore an item when calling "(troop_loot_troop)" would be very helpful.
+ item flag  itp_loot_from_corpse, that gives item a chance to be looted even if it is equipped.

+ item flag  itp_loot_from_corpse, that gives item a chance to be looted even if it is equipped.

Actually it's wiser to redo the loot script, so that it will only loot equipement that killed troops had equipped. Thats beacuse you won't have to worry about enormously big loot when you give big variety of items to some troops in module_troops.

I did that myself and it works just fine. If I recall correctly someone even posted such code in Mod Developement.

(remove_overlay, <overlay_id>),
Without that it is very inconvenient to update comboboxes and buttons with tablue materials.

I'd like to see:  Post battle troop statistics.

Sort of like the TOTAL WAR series, where your after battle action report told you who killed what.

For example:  Spearmen - kills: 20, Deaths 10, wounded 15.

Not only would it be cool, but you could see which troops are really performing up to spec!  Might even help with balance issues??  Who knows?

Another things that would be very appreciated:

- render_always flag for map icons or parties. This flag would make the party icon rendered even when camera is looking in other direction. It would be very useful for things like really big icons, since they disappear, when center of the icon is not in camera range (very annoying in close zoom-ins). It would also work great for inverted meshes, like additional skyboxes for example.

- additional item flag that will let weapons use holster vertex animation (in the same way that shields do) instead of separate mesh. It would be useful for making heraldic weapons (weapons using tableau material), since tableau material works only on the default mesh.
When this flag is set, then of course flag "show_holster_when_drawn" wouldn't work.

- something like "module_skins" for horses. Though that wouldn't be easy I guess, since they're items, not troops.

- the same for animals, or at least make them use separate set of sounds (now they use horse's) and maybe skeleton, if it's possible.

- ability to modify headshot etc damage bonuses
- ability to set matching items for an agent within a stack through a trigger, say if he randomly gets a certain chest piece I'd like to be able to specify the helmet, gloves and boots he's going to get.  This is only possible with horses right now
- read how much xp an agent within a stack has left till being ready for an upgrade
- for people who are doing mods based on history the lady requirement is annoying, I don't want bishops etc to marry :smile:

editable imods + ablility to add some new imods.
- additional flag "itp_does_not_refill" for amunition and throwing weapons, which will work like it works for "itp_type_bullets" right now.

I was in the imod text file recently and there's dormant imods in there, also, you can set the variation of your imod in the text file...
bullets not refilling: They used to do that in m&B then became self-refilling at some point.  The old flag/scritp for that might be around in older python versions?

mission_cam_set_aperture should have a larger range of possible values. It would make scopes and snipers possible for modern time mods.

one that doesnt crash!
and a debug for the debugger..

thank god for the reset switch on my pc or I would be screweD.... beeep *blue screen*

I hope I dont get banned for saying so but who wrote this game anyway?

terrain generation parameters!
I'm picturing something like this:
terrain generate random_gradient, 20, 10 # generates gradients up to 20 degrees, with a 10% continuity.  100% continuity means a smooth and continuious slope of your chosen gradient from bottom to top of map.

terrain generate random_water, 20, 10 # generates water feature on up to 20% of the map, with a maximum of 10 seperate pieces.  values 90, 01 for example would create a mainly-water map with a little edging or peninsula and one large body of water.

terrain generate random_forest, 20, 10 # generates trees to cover approx 20% of the map, each tree on average being 10 feet tall

terrain generate random_foliage, 20, 10 # generates foliage other than trees to cover approx 20% of the map, each item on average being 1 foot tall (divide last number by 10 to get height in feet, so max height would be 10 feet, small tree/large bush)

in module_items.py I would like couchspeed or lance speed = the time in seconds it takes to lower lance

it shouldnt take a long time to lower a small spear!

This was requested (much) earlier in the thread, but I'll do so again: the ability to alter hero's faces at run time (rather than only compile time as it currently is).

There are numerous things that could be done: fine-grain randomization, adding age, making King Harlaus get fatter every time he holds a feast... 

I realize I've posted this in The Forge's Module System suggestion thread, but unsure which may get looked at sooner, I thought to repost here...

1.    (agent_set_division, <agent_no>, <value>),     
...or access in mission_templates/scripts to the command that is used in the party window so the player can customize the divisions to which is troop are assigned.

This would allow modders to improve battle behavior for the AI in a vast number of ways. Scripts could separate AI troops into more than 3 divisions for a more varied battlefield experience. Divisions could be set by weapon, to have large shield users hold a line, two handers act as flankers, etc. Similarly, a script could divide previously united sets of troops into multiple divisions--there could be two groups containing the same troop type, but approaching from different directions, for instance. Divisions could be changed dynamically, so dehorsed cavalry no longer chase after their still horsed brethren. The list could go on and on...this is a necessary operation to open up possibilities for coding battle AI.

2.    A grc_horsearchers group, distinct from grc_cavalry
For similar reasons as above--the ability to code improved battle behavior for the AI--though clearly secondary to the operation above that would allow horse archers to be sorted into a division of their own by script.

The ability to designate a unit as less than one person'd be great, if we can't already do that.

Example: A goblin is a tiny person, who eats less, and generally it's easier to get them in large numbers (1 goblin, or small children=0.33 units). Alternatively, having a single point representing a group would be ok (1 unit point=3 goblins/small children)

On the otherhand, having one character count as more than one individual when it comes to troop sizes (a guy on an elephant, or a troll=3 units)

Back
Top Bottom