Most wanted module system additions

Users who are viewing this thread

Thorgrim

Knight at Arms
I'm sure Armagan has a long list of features he plans to add to the module system, however I thought it may be a good idea so we can list the ones the community is most looking forward to.

Here is a start:

- Way to select what skeleton an item is bound to (so not all armour needs to have the same skeleton etc)
- Way to add new skills / set skill effects
- Changeable character collision meshes

Note: this list just got a lot smaller when 0.89x was released :smile:

Thorgrim said:
I'm sure Armagan has a long list of features he plans to add to the module system, however I thought it may be a good idea so we can list the ones the community is most looking forward to.

Here is a start:

- Way to select what skeleton an item is bound to (so not all armour needs to have the same skeleton etc)
- Module specific faces
- Scripts for things in scenes (moving NPCs / changing props)
- Modifiable maps for scenes (like travel map)
- Way to set the radius of a map icon (so it isn't culled by only the location of its origin)

Post anything you are wanting, and I'll add it to the list if it seems sensible.

I'm not sure it's covered but basically my request is to make the same scripts work anywhere... Eg time passes while you're fighting a battle or visiting a town. Second extending the operations (an obvious request). Eg so that you can script NPC behavior/animations.

Specific operations:

-set/increase/decrease troop health.
-create/store temporary lists - of troops/parties/towns etc (and the lists are then searchable)
-trigger/change animation
-set new behavior AI
-change rate of time passing (don't know if this is already 'doable')
-

'Area damage'
Editable AI packages
Mod 'plugin' system... integrating different mods automatically (as long as they don't conflict)

- attach partical systems to any kind of mesh, including weapon mesh.
- modifable hit boxes
- an absolute tag for partical systems, so they dont turn to face the player.
- more simple triggers!
- Kill troop or heal troop command, for a specific troop.
- make the projectile bows, crossbows and guns fire a different mesh so we can replace it. Maybe even refer to the mesh fired with the item
- partical effects on weapon impact.

(thats all for now)

Yoshiboy said:
- modifable hit boxes
Yeah, this is a must..

Currently I'm trying to play around with modtools related to combat system, so I've got a few more suggestions.
- To make global variables moddable (armor penalty for blunt/piercing damage, headshot bonus etc..)
- To make thrown objects affected by the accuracy flag, just as bows/crossbows
- Control over ranged weapons targetting reticule behavior via flags.
- An ability for armor to convert portion of cut/pierce damage into blunt.
- Settable drag force factor for each of the missiles (I think it's been said that they are affected by drag force, not noticeably though)

- Better ways to select specific agents. For example, a command to select all agents within a radius around a position/entry point.
- An operation to call triggers directly from a consequence block.

Pregnantly,
Winter

Very good ones so far. Just one to add at the moment:

-Ability to address individual stacks within a party

That way you don't have to know what troops a party consists of before addressing them. You could simply use something like [party_troop_in_slot,reg(5),"$test_party",2] to set reg(5) to the troop type of the 2nd stack in "$test_party".

I just thought of another two, through my recent experiments with Storymod v1.0.

- A command to immediately stop a particular (or all) modular sound from playing any further. It's really quite distracting to have menu sounds continue on the world map.

- A command to override the native music for a time, perhaps with a command to silence and a command to restore, so that modular 'event' music can play freely. (Now if only I had some modular event music for Storymod... Shopping tunes!)

Peritoneally,
Winter

The_Underliner_ said:
im not shure if this is a sudgestion for the module system but

-make it so you can have more dialogs without game crash
Yeah, scanning the whole file from top to bottom for a particular line is not a best possible design. However,I don't think that's enough to keep game crashing,  there has to be a bug somewhere.

Another thing about dialogs: I haven't found a way to insert line breaks into dialogue text (is it possible?). I tried usual '\n' newlines, but that just causes the game crash with assertion at startup.

Manitas said:
Yeah, scanning the whole file from top to bottom for a particular line is not a best possible design. However,I don't think that's enough to keep game crashing,  there has to be a bug somewhere.

Another thing about dialogs: I haven't found a way to insert line breaks into dialogue text (is it possible?). I tried usual '\n' newlines, but that just causes the game crash with assertion at startup.

Not totally sure but I believe in a previous versions the line breaks were working... pre-700. Or maybe I'm just inventing stuff.

(Sorry, lets keep this on-topic)

Well, what I'm gonna write is not likely to happen but
- Control over AI behaviour during battles

Something i noticed in the siege-modding:
-Faction-related AI-limiters
    I put this at the end of my ladder for example, red side against the wall. My people can run right through the red side, meaning that they can retreat of the walls if nessesarry. But the defenders can't pass the red side, and will stay in defensive positions on the wall.

I forgot it before:

Control over damage bonuses from powerskills, strength and proficiencies

Lots of good suggestions :smile:

Looks like we can cross off module specific faces with 0.750... but most of the rest remains I guess.

Thorgrim said:

This becomes more of an issue for the Age of Ash mod with the change to Leadership. I'd like is the ability to change the scale of what each skill point does. Being able to add and remove other skills would be a bonus as well; we plan to have secondary skill for Age of Ash using the troop slot system, but it would be even better if we could make them regular skills.

We plan to have only small parties with tougher units and pretty much only NPC heroes recruitable by the player. With the removal of party slot limits from the leadership skill, the player could recruit a lot of heroes.
So, if the values of each skill were changeable, that would allow us to get just the right number of units available for each skill level of leadership. We were wanting to have a fair number of heroes available to pick from.

Janus said:
This becomes more of an issue for the Age of Ash mod with the change to Leadership. I'd like is the ability to change the scale of what each skill point does. Being able to add and remove other skills would be a bonus as well; we plan to have secondary skill for Age of Ash using the troop slot system, but it would be even better if we could make them regular skills.

We plan to have only small parties with tougher units and pretty much only NPC heroes recruitable by the player. With the removal of party slot limits from the leadership skill, the player could recruit a lot of heroes.
So, if the values of each skill were changeable, that would allow us to get just the right number of units available for each skill level of leadership. We were wanting to have a fair number of heroes available to pick from.

If you're not allowing any non-hero troop recruitment, you could limit party size as a stopgap solution. It'd be pretty easy to code in, just a few stores and conditions on your hero recruitment dialogues.

Hemiacetally,
Winter

The new module system version made me wish there were the following new operations:

agent_set_unconscious
agent_set_dead
agent_remove

Back
Top Bottom