Resolution changing option!

Users who are viewing this thread

does anyone else hate having to change their desktop resolution down in order to play mount&blade at a reasonable resolution?

my desktop can easily sit in 1280 x 1024, but my computer isn't really up to the task of rendering that high a resolution...

why can't their be an option to change the resolution ingame, or the ability to choose what resolution to play at upon launching?

while mount&blade isn't the most system strenuous of games, i'd much prefer to free up my gpu and cpu to other things than putting games at such high resolutions that it doesn't even make much visible difference than 1024x768..

surely this must be incredibly easy to intergrate...

(i'm so sick of rearranging my icons, too, upon resetting desktop res, hehe)

yeah that'd be good although i only use 1024 x 768, because when i do get a new graphics cand and a better monitor........ still you could just run your desktop at 1024 x 768 all of the time, i mean you probably put up with it for some time before, i am putting up with it now, and one we could only have 800 x 600. :sad:

A post in the Apprentice Guild prompted me to find such a topic as this and move it to the King's Court, so here it is.

I'd really like this too. Even though I'll have a new card soon. I have slow down if I have the 3D grass on. (yes, it really is that poor) and if I could just dub down the resolution taht would be pretty nifty.

I also think this would be a very good idea. I have my desktop at 1280x960, but my computer can only just handle the game at that resolution (normally, I never run games at anything above 1024x76:cool:. It's pretty unusual for a game not to have an option to change the resolution - in fact, I think this might be the only game I have that doesn't offer that option.

Yeah, as big flatscreens are becoming more and more avalable (and cheap!), it's getting more important to be able to set your gaming resolution.  I run on two monitors, so it's not such a big deal for me (yet...), but it's a good thing to keep in mind.

I always thought that m&b ran on a really low resolution and to be honest i had no performance problems even when i was running it on an old 5200...

All this stuff would be nice, but how about you give me a patch with clipping fixes, fixed crashing, and some new content, I don't think that is asking for too much. After all, I think it would be nice to have the final game be different than the demo was. :/

I would like an option to change resolution, as well as scaling menus and text with the selected resolution. I like setting a game to 1280 x 1024 and not having the menu 12 inches in height :smile: As a side note, I play at that res with an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro ... considered obsolete these days ... and run fine, but I cannot use the Battle Size Changer or else I get 5 FPS.

NED said:
All this stuff would be nice, but how about you give me a patch with clipping fixes, fixed crashing, and some new content, I don't think that is asking for too much. After all, I think it would be nice to have the final game be different than the demo was. :/

Errm, this isn't a final game yet, it's still in beta (version 0.751), so you kind of need to expect crashes, clipping problems and not much content. These are all just suggestions for improvements not patches (as the final game isn't out yet), if you're getting crashes etc, please head over to the bug thread and post descriptions of the issues.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,4.0.html - The Rat Catcher's Hovel - Bug Reports

Oh and if you want more content head over to the mod pages and download one.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,9469.0.html - mod list

Fuzzball said:
NED said:

Errm, this isn't a final game yet, it's still in beta (version 0.751), so you kind of need to expect crashes, clipping problems and not much content. These are all just suggestions for improvements not patches (as the final game isn't out yet), if you're getting crashes etc, please head over to the bug thread and post descriptions of the issues.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,4.0.html - The Rat Catcher's Hovel - Bug Reports

Oh and if you want more content head over to the mod pages and download one.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,9469.0.html - mod list

Err I appologise, I had thought it was final, when is the final game released?

Well, I can wait that long. I can wait until we have animation and new skeleton support. Once we do, the mods will all be different. Once the final game is released It will be a good day.

Back
Top Bottom