Is this decent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using my office built laptop for 5 years now and i'm looking to buy a decent gaming desktop for a reasonable price. I did some research and came across this computer:

Chillblast Fusion Elixir

System Specs said:
EZCool A200D Case
Intel Core i5 3570K Processor overclocked to up to 4.5GHz
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Cooler
Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard with USB 3.0 -B3 Revision
8GB PC3-10666 DDR3 Memory
ATi Radeon 7770 1GB Graphics Card
1000GB SATA 7200rpm Hard Disk
Sony DVD-RW 24x Drive
650watt EZCool PSU
Onboard High Definition Audio
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM

It's at a reasonable price of £600 but what i'm concerned about is if the graphics card and CPU good enough for most recent games.

Wow, that's pretty good for a pre-built.

CPU is great, the GPU is also great I think, although not so sure about ATI's compared to Nvidia.

Tbh not bad. That core is pretty stellar, and its come over clocked. The graphics is also pretty high end, maybe not as good as some of the geforces but you will be able to run practically any game you wan on high settings. 8 GB of ram will get you through. I say a pretty sick build for 600 euros.

Thank you for your opinions, i'm glad to see my research didn't go to waste and that i have found what i was looking for. I only asked because i read some reviews on the AMD ATi radeon 7770 and some say that it isn't a good card, which is weird because i found out that it is possible to run BF3 on ultra.

HD 7770 is the second to lowest tier card for desktop computers by AMD, above only the 7750 and generic 'media' cards. That said, it packs a lot of punch for the price.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Volkonski said:
Thank you for your opinions, i'm glad to see my research didn't go to waste and that i have found what i was looking for. I only asked because i read some reviews on the AMD ATi radeon 7770 and some say that it isn't a good card, which is weird because i found out that it is possible to run BF3 on ultra.

I have found these benchmark results on Tom's Hardware for Radeon7770, tested on BF3.

battlefield%203%201680.png

battlefield%203%201920.png

The card should do fine, i'm not looking for a super nuclear powered bio computer, just something decent that can run games on medium-high graphics.

I can always get a more powerful graphics card later on anyway, but for now i'm only looking to spend £750 max and with the current setup this fits the bill perfectly.

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
CPU is great, the GPU is also great I think, although not so sure about ATI's compared to Nvidia.

Card is like 2 generations old now I think but if OP doesn't plan on running anything on a high resolution I don't see how it wouldn't be fine.

Max resolution i will be attaining is 1600 x 1200, but resolution doesn't really concern me as i am quite used to running games at 1024 x 768 and 800 x 600 resolutions.

You might want to see if you can get a better card if you want to do some 1600x1200 gaming, it's effectively identical to 1920x1080 which, for all our purposes, is high resolution.

As i said i am quite comfortable at low resolutions like 1280 x 768 (low to you, but to me that's quite high). I'll get a better graphics card when i have more money to play with, but for now this fits my budget perfectly.

Anyway thanks for the help everyone, after reading what has been said here and some reviews i will definitely be getting this within the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom