How about a pre battle deployment phase?

Users who are viewing this thread

jojymo said:
Ya i like it iv seen a few posts on this same idea.

Wow, you felt the need to necro this over two year old topic... Well at least you used search and it answered my question as to why he got banned. :lol:

This would work really nice for defending a castle. You could set up your archers in better spots then right in the front.

This would be a godsend for siege defense. Having archers lined up properly on walls instead of just a handful and the rest all clumped together ready to suicidally melee (especially in siege tower battles they tend to do this) would be great.

Perhaps a compromise of allowing a deployment phase in certain situations, such as during a siege, or in a field battle with a noble's army. If you are fighting an ambush, you realistically wouldn't have enough time to set up your troops. So, the logical answer would be creating one, just in realistic situations.

Even though it is not such an urgent and important upgrade, I think it would make the game even better.

However it could annoy some players who don't bother to do tactics, so the possibility of selecting/deselecting this feature in the options menu would be appreciated.

Great idea.

Or add a paus function like in Total War.

Watching heavily armoured spear men come in I'd love to be able to click pause, order my cavalry to a new position, tell my infanftry to use blunt weapons and so on.

Then again that would make unit movement unrealisticly effective I guess. It's suppose to be hectic and up to you to be fast with your orders.

There is a pause cheat, thats good enough. Combine it with Edit mode and your all set for making videos.

I was actually thinking about this...I think, in certain situations and modified by certain skills (Leadership and Tactics in particular) this would be a really great addition to the game.

How about larger Battlefields, so we would habe more time for organizing the troops ?

Is there any possibility to change the size of battlefields. I saw something in Debugmode to modify the terrain, but don't know what's it.

Which mod for the old m&b had that?...err.. I remember..I think it was Rus 13th Century.

Archers in front!
Then infantry then cavalry...it was a nice feature having all your troops scramble to their formation right as you start...

Someone should get that snippet of code from him..

I'm for it. I hate having all my archers rush to the breach in sieges and ignore the vantage points where they could hope to score some kills without being axed in the head. Having them spread out a bit would probably increase my casualties but make it so much more epic and video-worthy, too.

Dent said:
I'm for it. I hate having all my archers rush to the breach in sieges and ignore the vantage points where they could hope to score some kills without being axed in the head. Having them spread out a bit would probably increase my casualties but make it so much more epic and video-worthy, too.

Why not just tell you archers to hold position at the beginning of the siege?

I would love a pre-battle deployment. I would predict much more indepth battles, tactically, adding a new level of depth and decision to fights. There'd obviously still be an option for normal "EVERYONE CHAAAARGE", for the less tactically-inclined commander, but I maintain that even a simple deployment of troops would be a godsend

Even the ability to give different commands to the different groups - "Archers and infantry hold, infantry 10 paces foward, cavalry, follow me!" upon starting the battle - would be very useful.

it would be great if you could deploy your troops and issue commands before the battle started

but it would be much better if you could also give formation orders that they obeyed (maybe have this dependant on leadership so that if you only have low leadership they are more likely to break formation and charge)

Back
Top Bottom