Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason L. said:
I think that implementing a wind effect, on arrows or other projectiles, is Just masochistic waste of resources....There are so many other things to do instead...
I disagree, the winds will make archery more difficult which will finaly stop these headshot rages because in warband a pro archer will HS you no matter what. but if you mix wind in to it. The archer must try to guess the wind by looking at his surroundings before taking his shot. I think it is brilliant feature it'll make archery more interesting and also it will prevent headshots streaks in multiplayer

Golradir said:
You know, you could also use a thing called a shield.
The problem is, Shield won't work if you can't spot the archer of course you can use shield if you can see the archer but people HS from far distances which is almost impossible to spot.

Rebind ~ to ctrl (genuine pro-tip folks, cash in today). I would enjoy playing as an archer more if there were wind. There could be some bias there, since I've played as an archer extensively, so I'm possibly looking for more skill requirement than most people, but I really think it would make the game more fun for every class.

To those wondering if it would be worth it, lets not forget the main purpose for such a system either... this falconry we've been hearing so much about. :razz:

There are people who cannot for their life block in melee. Perhaps melee is too nerfed and the 4 block directions system should be abandoned in favor of an easier system.

Jason L. said:
I think that implementing a wind effect, on arrows or other projectiles, is Just masochistic waste of resources....There are so many other things to do instead...

It would greatly enhance archery and add a new level of mastery while not making archery too hard for beginners.

I don't know whats complicated about wind effect, you're seeing where wind comes from, whats so hard about just a little adjustment on where you aim ? its not a "must" feature but would be cool and realistic, I don't mind gameplay being just a bit harder, we would put more thought into our gameplay.

helari said:
There are people who cannot for their life block in melee. Perhaps melee is too nerfed and the 4 block directions system should be abandoned in favor of an easier system.

Jason L. said:

It would greatly enhance archery and add a new level of mastery while not making archery too hard for beginners.
Blocking in melee without shield is not that hard if you train a bit you'll block %75 of attacks very easily. If you don't want to learn blocking then buy an expensive shield which will not broke in two hits.

Inanch-Bilge said:
I don't know whats complicated about wind effect, you're seeing where wind comes from, whats so hard about just a little adjustment on where you aim ? its not a "must" feature but would be cool and realistic, I don't mind gameplay being just a bit harder, we would put more thought into our gameplay.
Id be a really nice mechanism to make archery harder.
It's a bit too easy right now, if by this mechanism we would not have to adjust fire rate or accuracy, that'd be a good thing.

It isn't just aiming according to the wind direction. I think there's more than that. Now you have to consider where to position your archers as to use them in the most effective way. Or which arrow to pick for the current weather condition as Rallix has pointed out.

Or it may not have any effect at all, depending on how they implement it. But the point is, every subtle gameplay element (this time it's wind but next time, it might be terrain or slope or something completely different) adds to the complexity, which will affect your tactical decisions this way or another. And complexity is what I would want to have in a game where you spend most of your time commanding an army.

Le Roux said:
Inanch-Bilge said:
Id be a really nice mechanism to make archery harder.
It's a bit too easy right now, if by this mechanism we would not have to adjust fire rate or accuracy, that'd be a good thing.
+1

Besides, attention to details always makes a game better. That being said though, if the devs aren't even thinking about the possibility of adding wind, and if it would be a pain in the arse to implement, I believe we'd be better off without wind and with other stuff they've planned instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom