Napoleonic Warfare: European Battlegrounds

Users who are viewing this thread

napoleonicwarfare.jpg

35hr7nt.png

Hello and welcome to RedSand Studios latest creation, this started off as a simple paper based board game for our college project and we decided that it was such a good game that we'd turn it into an indie pc game.

We've worked out a pretty basic system for the mechanics which involves a square based movement and firing system, we plan on making it singleplayer with a few maps for now to start off with and then expand it as we progress. The starting factions will be the French and British with 2 unit types each(Line and light infantry).

Due to the resources available to us we've decided to stick to simple sprite graphics

Features

British and French factions
Line and light infantry unit types
Money, ranks and  army customisation would be available to the player.
Single player grand campaign, take control of the British and fight for king and country or take control of the French and expand Napoleons influence throughout Europe!
Fight against people online in a battle of wits
Achievements
Quantity vs Quality, be careful with how you balance your armies and structures

And many more to come!

Developed by RedSand Studios
Marcus "Volkonski" Daniels - Concept Designer and Team leader
Sam "Greebster" Lord - Concept artist and secondary team leader
Stephen "Mistwalker" Pinnell - Level designer
Slawtering - 2d artist
gaham1 - Programmer​

Concept Images
34t4yg4.png
315bszb.png
1z4bmmb.png

2q053k6.png

2mcagb8.png

napoleonicwarfare.jpg

I'll flesh out this page a bit more later to make it look more professional, we are open to donations(donations page will be set up later on), we also need suggestions on the game title so if you have one please provide it via post below.

We are Recruiting!

We have many positions open within the team so if you have a skill that we do not have then pm me with your experience and preferred position.

I'd like to warn those who agree to help this project that all work is voluntary as we do not have the funds to actually start a proper company.​

Is it turn based per player or turn based per regiment/batallion ? (like roll to see which batallion/reg is faster at initiating)

It will be turn based per player, the player will move each regiment within the certain distance available to it and conduct any actions such as movement, firing and charging until either the player ends his/her turn or is out of available moves.

We're unsure of our true motives at the moment as it is still in the early phases of production, once we have a base game available we may provide a demo that has limited features to allow players to get a feel of it before thinking about making it available for purchase.

Even if we did make it purchasable the price wouldn't be anymore than £4.99 or less(price may vary).

I'd like to congratulate Slawtering on making the team, he'll be our 2d artist. I'll add some more content to the main page like our company logo and some more concept images later on next week.

Name changed courtesy of Slawtering, cover art and company logo will be put up within 2-4 days depending on how long it takes to get done.

Even with our obvious abundance of concept artists we are still looking for talented individuals who are willing to help push this project along and we can never have too many artists(unless it gets to the point where the entire team is nothing but artists, in which case this will be more like a napoleonic art collection than an actual game).

Well it's been a while since i updated this, slawtering has kindly made the game cover which i've used to replace that awful title we had, and the company logo will be added once slawtering releases it to me.

Here's a quick changelog of what we've accomplished so far:
  • Unit sprites have been polished, now they'll look more realistic and less like they've been stuffed into a washing machine with minecraft
  • Faction descriptions for both the UK and France have been added
  • Unit stats have been written to the best we can get them in terms of realism
  • Achievements for single player and multiplayer are done courtesy of Mistwalker

Well that's it for now, i'm sorry that it doesn't seem like much but we are quite limited with what we can accomplish due to the limited resources we have available to us.

On a side note we have already started the concept for an expansion which will be based on the American revolution, yes i know it's a tad early to be thinking of adding an expansion but we got so excited to do this project that we slipped the concept in as we were coming up with ideas.

Back
Top Bottom