Tournament

Users who are viewing this thread

Calade

Recruit
"Tournaments" in Zendar aren't tournaments, they are just normal team fights where your party members can't get killed and you don't need to hire them. It actually should be a tournament with teams. For an example, there are 8 teams, player's team as one of them. Then comes first round; half of the teams drop because they lost. Then just 4 teams remain and come semi-finals. After those 2 teams drop out. Then in finals there are just 2 teams fighting, lots of people have come to watch, and winner team gets big prize. Also when entering "Tournament", the tournament master should ask do you want single tournament, team tournament, single battle, team battle or gladiator fight which is all versus all.

I like this. I also think that there could be a lot longer tournament availeble for those who have gained some reputation in shorter tournaments. You would travel to many cities where tournaments are held on some specified day. The further you´d get the harder the opponents would be and by winning the whole tournament you´d get also a lot money + maybe full armour, special sword or something like it. Ofcourse youd also get smaller amounts by winning single matches. Maybe cities would have their special matchtypes. One city would have one on one mathces, other one 4 on 4 mathces, another city would have archery fights etc. Or you could choose the match type in beginning and all the cities would have that. Dunno.

You said Teams? Then I'd like to take Borcha and Marnid in. And I want to have some choice on weapons selection.

Anyway, this might had been suggested before...

Armagan has some plans for expanding in this area a bit; I'll say no more as they're not concrete plans at the moment.

I should hope not, concrete makes a hell of a mess, I advise the use of pens  :neutral:.

It sounds like a great idea to me, you should be able to wager an unlimited amount as well. Or maybe an amount that is relevent to your Trading skill or charisma or something. Janus, your arena Mod was excellent  :grin:, something in that direction or similar to that would be great, especially with Calade's ideas.

i would like the idea of an extended area system and more types of matches, there also needs to be stronger people for you to verse in the arena/tournament

I'm now thinking of 'Local Champions' from each city, like Velios (or you, if you defeated him) of Zendar. Being a champion or defeat one (or defending your position against tough fighters) means very great reputation boost among the local people and your army, increasing morale of your army and reducing hiring costs for that city for some time. You would know what happens if you lose to a noob :wink:

Once you reach champion status though you should still be able to enter fights.  I hate in games that have a story line, they have an arena but as soon as you get far enough in the arena and the story kicks in there, you cant fight any more(KoToR, jade empire).  Two things that need to be added that would make the game more historical, jousting and melees,  with at least a 10 person free-for-all.  The kings could have Huge tourneys by invite only(all the champs from all the towns.

I think most of this has been suggested on other threads but this is the one every one is looking at right now so i thought i would throw it back out there.

:cool: Kurama

Valec SKylien said:
Why has noone mentioned the Arena mod?
Because this is beyond the arena mod.

I'd like your idea Kurama, how about a 10000-people tournament of 10-competitors free for all? (quick tournaments)

Or just bring down the house by calling 30+ enemies against you at the same time  :twisted:

Yes,yes,but it would be a good idea a classic medieval tournament.I mean:sword fights,archery,and above all knight-to-knight lance-fights.

I'd like a free-for-all melee as well. I don't know how much the code would have to be modified to allow more than two sides, though.

and i would like ther to be some royalty in the tournement on special  occasions.And i would like to have people in the stands

Back
Top Bottom