Project Zomboid

Users who are viewing this thread

Sartek said:
I imagine its gone as they are now actually selling it separately. They did that deal cause amazon or w/w I dont really know did not allow them t sell a not yet finished game ( or was it that they didnt even have the game out) and so they did some quick crappy games that were "finished". Seeing as Zomboid is pretty much working now, I think the deal is done.
Dang, well thanks for the heads up.
EDIT: Played the demo for some time, and I've survived for a considerable amount of time. Still died at the end. How long did you guys survive for?

I managed to survive for about a week once. I got infected really early on and I then proceeded to stay inside until I died. Since I took suck good care of myself it worked out great. Wake up, eat, take in lots of painkillers, then sleeping pills and fall asleep. Repeat until you die.

Second time I thought I was infected. Actually I just ate rotten chicken. Was sick for a pretty long while. And just as I got well I ate another rotten chicken, thinking how bad could it be. I was pretty sure I was infected as well. After doing the food, painkillers, sleeping pills routine for a while I decided to grab my shotgun with 100 shells and go out with a blast. I just walked around the town and killed everything I saw, hoping to attract a horde. Well, sadly Nothing like that happened, I killed every undead I found. Then I ran out of ammo. Still no problem. In the end I died cause of the infection, just fell over and died. That was really anticlimatic.

I havent really tried to survive for as long as I can, really. I am waiting for the r version. It seems to be much more interesting than q. 1.5 I could never go back to. The 2.00s have far more content and features, but they arent as stable.

Ok well I just tried to buy it and it says purchase not complete, please try again. Maybe Ill just try tomorrow. I really wanted to play it todayyyy haha

Anyone knows any news on this? I have high hopes for it, but I remember the dev saying something about his laptops being stolen and him losing all the data  :lol:

Yeah, that was a while ago. They've recovered, but there hasn't been an official release for a while.

Link for July release:

http://theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9404

Here is small patch apparently:

http://theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9429

They stopped adding features for now, trying to fix those that are already there, so that steam would accept the game. I own the game, but I am waiting for that major update.

I deemed this a good enough reason for a necro, and to break my self imposed exile :razz:
http://www.desura.com/games/project-zomboid/news/buy-zomboid-get-indie-game-homesick-save-a-life

needs life saving surgery to remove a piece of shrapnel after a car accident, and if she doesn’t have it removed it will be fatal.

As someone born and raised on free* health care it sickens me that she has to resort to an indiegogo campaign in order to get such vital surgery for an injury from a car accident. Doesn't she have any kind of insurance?

*well not everything is free.

As a person brought up on an entirely free* health care service I too find it disgraceful and will use this example to my authoritarian, 'lets privatise everything, cause that works' friend.

*It may be broken but hey, what do you expect from something thats free?

Sir Prince said:
needs life saving surgery to remove a piece of shrapnel after a car accident, and if she doesn’t have it removed it will be fatal.

As someone born and raised on free* health care it sickens me that she has to resort to an indiegogo campaign in order to get such vital surgery for an injury from a car accident. Doesn't she have any kind of insurance?

*well not everything is free.
It's pretty ****ed up :/ I can't remember where I read it, but there was something about it not being considered an emergency because she still has months to live, and by the time it is an emergency, it'll be too late.

Anywho, info on her insurance:
Unfortunately the metal object is in a compromising place; naturally the cost of removal is amplified, and the chance of surviving the operation (especially in my condition) is lower than normal. My insurance repeatedly denied my claims, and eventually I took them to court.

I was not prepared for the court case, and I lost miserably. The fact that without the procedure I would die was considered inadequate. Since it was apparent that my insurance was not going to help, it was then that I went for malpractice. The same story, I was not prepared. The strategy of claiming "How else would it have gotten there?" was no match for the hospital's lawyering hocus pocus. I shopped around at several different hospitals, seeing if there was one willing to do the operation and I pay it afterwords, but as the Insurance stated, the cost is too high, and it's a low probability of survival. I also attempted countless medical loans, but my credit is in the 'why did you bother filling this out?' range.

She could keep fighting for insurance, but it would take much longer than the few months she has left. and she can't handle the stress
I'm not done fighting this, however, about a week or so ago, after collapsing in class I was brought to the hospital. Apparently I have been over-stressing myself, between going to school full time, working full time (at minimum wage, of course), trying to raise money through game development projects and freelancing, family (or lack thereof), other life issues, and just dealing with this whole situation, I have too much cortisol in my system. My time frame for surviving this has lowered from a few years to a few months, with loss of many basic functions due to arrive prior to my passing. I don't have time to futz with the system, right now I just need to get this thing out of me.

Source: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-am-going-to-survive?c=home

Back
Top Bottom