Replay System

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't think most people would use such an option to replay, so therefore I think if there's any reason they want to, its not too much of an effort to download a program to do it.

I would like to know why people went like 30th pages back to look for something to necro
but I think you have searched for replay and found this threath I will not flame you

I'm so happy you decided to spare me;  this is truly my lucky day.  :roll:

I think a lot of people are missing the point of the original post.  This is not about recording video.  People already know about fraps and similar recording software.  This is about the game itself storing position and action data for all participants in a battle, allowing you afterwards to view the battle from any view or perspective you wish, forward, backward, or slo-mo.  It's not an entirely new concept, and exists in games like Halo3, Mobil1 RC (quite old), etc.

Anyway, armagan liked the idea, so perhaps he'll do it some day if there's time.  Just wanted to give another word of enthusiasm for it.

Actually, I can see a point to it.
If there is a large battle and you accidentally win or own hrd, you can decide to save it. Rather than being a mega huge file - it would be a so and so kilobyte "index" file. Mount and Blade users could click on the file and their game would start and set the exact same battle up.
I don't know how to explain it better. Think of program code that re-tells the battle as if it was the AI battling, with the player's actual "recorded" moves.

Yeah! It would definantly be sweet, just like halo 3, you could move anywhere around the map, see the people fighting but would it not be even kooler if you could kind of click on the AI and just see how the fighting was from their point of view, so you dont only rely on you pwning hard! It would be probably be way too hard to do but you know, it is just a suggestion! Anyway, it wud be a kool feature!!

There was one particular battle, I had 50 romans...and I was to fight against 250 carthaginians, that I really wanted to save and replay one time, it was something trully awesome to behold. Unfortunatly my system can't shoot videos and run decently enough to fight at the same time, so I could not share the battle with anyone.

Would the game have a replay option, I could.
Was my system better, the battle could have been directed and filmed afterwards to create a cinematic experience.

if they do use this idea you should be able to flick to another guys "eye" view, too see what they see.
it would be pretty cool as you could see through the eyes of a guy that is about to be lanced........ :smile:

Kaptain_Krunch said:
be even kooler if you could kind of click on the AI and just see how the fighting was from their point of view, so you dont only rely on you pwning hard! It would be probably be way too hard to do but you know, it is just a suggestion!

What do you not understand about this??? I kinda said your idea already... no hard feelings, just read the forums  :grin:

I've seen some nice videos made using Halo 3's replay system, would certainly be awesome to be able to track your arrow and follow it to the point of impact on some poor guy's head! Or the very moment where your lance erupts through a line of infantry!

It would be a good idea, but they need to finish the game first.

This could be a great addon in the 1st 1.01 patch.

Trouble is it would show the AI at is daftest - You would always be able to find something innane happening on the battlefield no matter how good the AI is. That spells trouble for developers who maybe try to keep little tricks secret :smile:

It may also require a lot of work, and quite a bit of storage - it's not like the game would replay out the same if you let it, you'd have to know what every model is doing everywhere in the battle. It would be like Madden replays but far more insane.

However, this said- It would be pretty damn good to watch proper footage - not grainy vids on youtube.

How about a demo file? Like In battlefield 2 and America's army? thats very handy and it doesnt create lag when fighting :smile:

ps:
warning said:
this topic has not been posted in for at least 182 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
yes I do because I really want something to record things easiar I have been trying to do it, but all I could do was 1st person or 3rd wich looks very silly.

wow this will be nice
imagine this

you killed a swadian lorD(or just wounded) with ONE HIT with NO CHEAT, just save the replay of the battle, them send to the forums =D

and a rep. player too..

WarlordG said:
wow this will be nice
imagine this

you killed a swadian lorD(or just wounded) with ONE HIT with NO CHEAT, just save the replay of the battle, them send to the forums =D

and a rep. player too..
i've done it.. A lord on a war horse or charger is charing right past me. and I am on a Charger, and i have a sword of war in thrust position and some how I landed him, apparently we were jousing on the battle field and well me and him of course have enough balls to go head to head before our infantry lines catch up and well I cam eout victorious in a single thrust with a sword of war. TY and god bless America.

Yeah. I'm for it. I remember just a few hours ago, I jumped up and drove a seax knife into a King's eye as he galloped with a couched lance at me, AND stole his horse as he started to slump. Wish I could've seen it again.

or if when getting headshots it showed you a slow-mo replay of the arrow impaling the guys face.
or if you critically hit a soldier in the arm, face etc. it would slow down and do a replay showing the blood etc.

that would be cool.

Sedericus said:
or if when getting headshots it showed you a slow-mo replay of the arrow impaling the guys face.
or if you critically hit a soldier in the arm, face etc. it would slow down and do a replay showing the blood etc.

that would be cool.
or showing how I'm at full gallop and through a shield wall struck a head shot of 295 damage... I wish you could zoom in and look at how I landed such a far away shot through a shield wall into the poor dudes head.

Back
Top Bottom