New Armour that you would like

Users who are viewing this thread

The thing I'd like to see most is gauntlets. It looks kind of silly having full plate armor but no hand protection at all. However, I'd say some kind of gauntlets should limit your ability to use certain weapons - it would be hard to pull a bowstring with those heavy plate mitten ones.

thats why you have a gauntlet on one hand and the other one is just chain fingers, metal backing leather fingertips...

Richard Gere movie The First Knights

May we never speak of that movie ever again

Gauntlets would be very cool.

I would also like to see the armour worn by the ladies to be different from the guys. Just a smaller waist, and not so shoulder heavy. That sorta thing...

The thing I'd like to see most is gauntlets. It looks kind of silly having full plate armor but no hand protection at all. However, I'd say some kind of gauntlets should limit your ability to use certain weapons - it would be hard to pull a bowstring with those heavy plate mitten ones.
Even without the gauntlets it would hard to pull the string with a full plate mail on you. Or so I imagine.

Also, Riveted Maille Hauberks are lighter, dont look at me like im dumb

Basicly with butted, you use like 14 gauge, in riveted, you use like 18 gauge and hammer them flat, and revet them. It doesnt seem like much but the difference is anywhere from 1 pound as much as 7 i think...

Of course it takes 4x as long.

You have to cut coil them, cut them, bend them so they overlap, anneal them, punch a hole and insert a flat wedge which is then pressed flat, making it basicly unbreakable. and that is EVERY link

With Butted all you have to do is coil, cut and weave them into what ever you want.

Also, you RARELY ever find broken rings in riveted, theyre lighter, damn near indestructible, but that comes at a price, i imagine that riveted should be 4x the price of regualt maille hauberks.

Yes, we DO need gaunts, it rediculous to see some guy clad in black with these white hands holding a SoW

I would love to see bronze. Not very dutable perhaps but looks cool.

Ian

P.s. Personel request, The padded cloth, could that be renamed to padded Gambeseon? Or padded Aketon? Either one is historic. Padded cloth just bothers me for some reason. MAybe even Padded shirt?

some variations of the heraldic armor would be nice. but maybe modders will be able to add types of armor?

some helmets with plumes like sugested before would be nice too.

oh and if you add the lorica and the scutum then might as well add the pilum and the Gladius hispanicus aswell and the helmet (can't remember it's name) :lol:

ilex said:
Even without the gauntlets it would hard to pull the string with a full plate mail on you. Or so I imagine.

I want gauntlets as well... seems odd that there isn't.

Also, good point. Maybe the game should limit what type of weapons you can use with different armours - or at least give a penalty of some kind... since full plate limits movement it could give a damage/range/speed penalty as you can't pull the string as easily.

I'd like to be able to edit/create my own coat of arms for shields or something as well - skinable shields would be good :smile:

Helm said:
I'd like to see some later style renaissance armours and helmets,and if possible Japanese and other far Eastern style ones imagine a full Sassanid Cataphract look wouldn't that be great ?

I agree with only the latter for the core game, as my initial thought was that the Swadians were supposed to be Muslims and we could have a sort of crusade thing going on. Cataphract armor would be great.

There will have to be multiple mods spanning vastly different periods.

And please, add lots of magic stuff. Turn Mount & Blade into one more generic bargain bin RPG. Add haughty elvish rangers, impetuous and greedy dwarven axemen, and a trite-as-hell prophecy while you're at it. w00. Don't forget the color-coded elemental magic. Can't have an RPG without that.

Eird-Way said:
And please, add lots of magic stuff. Turn Mount & Blade into one more generic bargain bin RPG. Add haughty elvish rangers, impetuous and greedy dwarven axemen, and a trite-as-hell prophecy while you're at it. w00. Don't forget the color-coded elemental magic. Can't have an RPG without that.

your kidding right?

Color coded magic sounds good, and please also add ents!

Messages like:

"Sarghon casts Luphnar's Hammer on Dragnir, but Dragnir is protected by Gerber's trinket"

should clutter the screen, shimmering with various colors.

Middle and Far eastern armors are also a must. I want my character to wear a bronze hoplite cuirass, samurai kabuto on the head, together with +3 Fire Resistant Scottish kilt (no underwear, of course).

Also, please add shurikens!

This game needs giant robots with miniguns for arms. We all know that it's physically impossible to make a game containing swords that doesn't also have some kind of giant robot. Just look at everything DnD, Dungeon Siege, Morrowind and that new Guild Wars free addon. This game will not be plausible at all unless it contains those giant robotic spiders we know were easy to build for people who couldn't figure out how to make rubber gloves. You see, wizards are cool, but robots are also cool. So the game can't compete unless it has both. It also needs ninjas, pirates, aliens, zombies and commandoes.

^ There is an example of sarcasm :p.

And don't forget the healwhore priests and priestess characters who follow you around, making messages like "Aetheria healed you for 5" cover your screen in a mess of blue.

Oh, that reminds me the good old days of Might and Magic in its full glory

Wooden sword, glass shield, rubber sparkling tiara of toughness, amulet of speed and boots of jumping - and off to see the world!

BTW - I say YES to robots! Especially the giant variety, stomping the towns, and shooting lasers from arms.

I would love to see scale armor for archers. Like platemail, only different :razz:

Also, NO F***ING MAGIC PLEASE.

It's meant to be a good reconstruction type thing of the medieval period, want magic? play TES.

Back
Top Bottom